SORT BY Relevancy
This week Dr. Elvira will be speaking with Andrews (Andy) Seglah about his work in community health and how he became a global health leader.
Mr. Seglah is the Project and Programs Manager for Comsudev, a local Non-Governmental Organization based in Accra, Ghana that works in collaboration with stakeholders such as the Ghana Health Service, other health service providers, and members of the community.
His core responsibilities include designing interventions in health programs by writing project proposals to address some of the challenges in the areas of:
Malaria prevention and treatment for below age 5years. Prevention of malaria in pregnancy Maternal Health Gender and Health Adolescent and Reproductive Health Tuberculosis prevention and treatment Water and sanitation programs Mr. Seglah is also responsible for implementation, coordinating and monitoring and reporting of all projects activities in all the projects areas. He also does community mobilization and sensitization in most rural communities; ensures that during immunization, children within the hard to reach communities are immunized; and he trains community based volunteers.
Mr. Seglah holds BA in Integrated Community Development; Diploma in Social Work; Certificate in Health Promotion; and other certificates in the areas of Project management, Projects and Budget Planning, Project Cycle Management and Networking, Management, and Finance and Logistics.
This show will discuss the main steps to ensure your health program meets the needs of all in the community and most importantly helps realize human rights, particularly the right to health. Mr. Auwalu Bashir, Community Health Expert will share his experience improving community health in Bauchi State, Nigeria.
A discussion by the YWCA health educator about breast and reproductive health in the Latina community including a description of services provided by the YWCA wellness center.
This week another mass shooting took place. We all waited to see a picture of the shooter while silently hoping he was not black. The next question... "What made him do something like that? What made Chris Lighty, Lee Thompson Young, Don Cornelius and many others who are not in the public eye take their own lives? It is the thing we are unwilling to discuss...MENTAL HEALTH. Are you willing to discuss mental health issues??
On Oct. 20th, we will be starting a conversation about mental health in the Latino community to help #stopthestigma and share resources.
Our special guest is Cuban-American blogger Sonia Guerra — aka Bohemian Babushka — who is leading Nunca Alone (Never Alone) — a team uniting Latino influencers in social media, blogging and marketing — will participate in the National Alliance for Mental Illness (NAMI) Walks being held in Broward County, Florida on Saturday, November 9, 2013.
The group aspires to be the largest gathering of Latinos to help benefit this grassroots, non-profit organization while creating awareness about social stigmas and mental health in Latino culture. Guerra experienced the direct effects of this stigma in her own family and wants to spread the word to help Latinos, women and other communities that shy away from
Join the Building the Community Team by participating in discussions and provide ideas on the importance of Community. Get to know what Build The Coummity is and its purpose What does a healthy community look like to you Do you think that your community (environment) has a tremendous impact on your growth and personal evolution During the challenging economic times do you think developing or moving into a Self Sustainable Community a possibility We want to hear from you on this and other topics that are important to the development of the individual's wellbeing.
We look forward to your participation and lively discussion.
Show time is Monday, October 15th
Guest Call-in: (347) 838-8264
8:00P to 9:30P CST /9:00P to 10:30P EST
Join your host, Dr. Susan Gardner and Michael Simon, Manager Office of the President and Board of Trustees at Mott Community College in Flint, Michigan for an in-depth conversation regarding how community colleges impact economically challenged urban areas. From community involvement and board relations to legislative affairs at the municipal and state levels and workforce development--Susan and Michael will be talking about how community colleges change and impact the counties and states where they are located.
Join Host Live Chats
- Radio Jihad Network (18 chatters)
- Harriette Knight (13 chatters)
- KAS1 (12 chatters)
- eWrestling Radio (8 chatters)
- Herpin Time (8 chatters)
- BeverlyD (6 chatters)
- PCOSChallenge com (5 chatters)
- PwtorchEastCoastCast (4 chatters)
- John Wallace (4 chatters)
- Red Velvet Media (3 chatters)
- LindaCrystal (3 chatters)
- NatureofReality (3 chatters)
- Omega Man (3 chatters)
- Patriot Family (3 chatters)
- Keep It Real Daily (3 chatters)
- SpookHunters Radio (3 chatters)
- The Outdoor Scoreboard (3 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (3 chatters)
- TruthRadioNetwork (3 chatters)
- USA Emergency Broadcasting Network (2 chatters)
- The Power of Color (2 chatters)
- TalkNAngels (2 chatters)
- The Christian View (2 chatters)
- LA Batchelor (2 chatters)
- FD2B Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- Ask Lordiel (2 chatters)
- Average Intelligence (2 chatters)
- Living Well Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- Michael Tatlock (2 chatters)
- N Plain English (2 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (1 chatters)
- Salvation In Jesus Ministry (1 chatters)
- Seed Dropper Home School Network (1 chatters)
- Shoot From The Hip (1 chatters)
- MsExtraorDINAire (1 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (1 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (1 chatters)
- Paul Lawrence Vann (1 chatters)
- AgingYounger (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio1 (1 chatters)
- Broad Street Line (1 chatters)
- BusProRadio (1 chatters)
- dburt aka Afronerd (1 chatters)
- Dr Roger Conley (1 chatters)
- Energy Awareness (1 chatters)
- GGM Radio (1 chatters)
- Inner Child Radio (1 chatters)
- JASmius (1 chatters)
- THE CONFLICTS OF LIFE (1 chatters)
- The Creating Calm Network 3 (1 chatters)
- The Portal (1 chatters)
- Take 2 Radio (1 chatters)
- The Sanctuary (1 chatters)
- The Voice of Leadership (1 chatters)
- Tribulation News (1 chatters)
- The Rainbow Bridge (0 chatters)
- The Huddle 2 (0 chatters)