SORT BY Relevancy
Join Dr. Culbreth for a commentary on Racism and Colorism as Psychic Prisons
Question to think about: How do the psychic prisons of racism and colorism affect people of color?
The Psychic Prison Mentality
The Psychic Prison of Colorism
The Psychic Prison of Racism
Keeping ARK Real
Join Dr. Culbreth, Dr. Jung-Kim and guests for Celebrating and Embracing Girls and Women of Color: Rising above Colorism and Negativity.
Breaking down skin color and race barriers
Defying negative stereotypes
Celebrating and embracing each other
The power within
You are so much more
Sisters in unity
National Girls and Women of Color Council (NGWCC)
Join Dr. Culbreth, Dr. Styles and Dr. Linda Wilson-Jones for a discussion titled "Crabism and Colorism: Envy, Jealous Competition, The Pursuit of Happiness and Success".
Crabs in a barrel
Women of Color
The Hater Syndrome
Refusing to acknowledge success
Jealousy and jealous competition
Celebrating and supporting each other
The pursuit of happiness and success
Writing your own success story
An eye opening discussion that will not be sugar coated!
The subject of colorism within the black community is orginated back in slavery. The slavemaster would rape African women and produce biracial children. The children were lighter skin tone and was treated better than darker slaves. The slavemaster established colorism but in 2015 we are still dealing with this issue. We are all black at the end of the day but this issue can't die. I notice colorism is more of a issue with the women in our community. We need to explore this issue on the show tonight.
Historical Perspectives of Colorism: Colorism in the Antebellum Period
Guest: Andrew N. Wegmann, Ph.D. (ABD)
One of our most downloaded guests, counselor Steven Welch joins us to discuss the topic of Colorism.
1. What is colorism ?
2. Why do we need to know about colorism as mental health practitioners?
3. What are some examples of colorism?
4. What is the connection between colonialism and colorism?
5. What are your automatic thoughts when you see a dark skinned black man?
6. How does colorism impact self-esteem?
7. What are some examples of colorism in the media?
8. Where else is colorism practiced around the world?
9. How is colorism expressed in your household?
10. What are some resources to learn more about colorism?
Please enjoy the full blog article here.
Join Dr Culbreth and Mrs. A'mera Frieman for a discussion on Colorism, Solidarity and Race Relations: Embracing Diversity in the Millennium
Stereotypes, Prejudice and Racism
Social & Identity Issues
The Diversity Gap
Unity and Solidarity in the Millennium
The Dynamics of Colorism
Series: The Historical Perspectives
Topic: Intraracial Colorism (Black vs. Black)
November 15, 2012 at 8:00 PM EST
Hosts: Dr. Donnamaria Culbreth
Sarah L. Webb
Join Host Live Chats
- High Frequency Radio Network (19 chatters)
- Jay King Network (10 chatters)
- churchfolk (10 chatters)
- the SoftwareONE Radio Network (9 chatters)
- THOR MINISTRY RADIO NETWORK (9 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (8 chatters)
- PsychicEnergyreaderbrenda (4 chatters)
- Charlotte View Internet Radio (4 chatters)
- Spirit Medium Laura (3 chatters)
- Lisa Beachy (3 chatters)
- WithInsightsRadio (3 chatters)
- BonnieAlbersOnAir (3 chatters)
- Life Coach Chat Channel (3 chatters)
- Travel Talk w Dawn Doreen Jake (2 chatters)
- Motherland Media Network (2 chatters)
- Orlando Presentz (2 chatters)
- LifeLearningCenterofSelf (1 chatters)
- BodyMindSpirit Radio (1 chatters)
- EFT Radio (1 chatters)
- Word of Mom Radio (0 chatters)