SORT BY Relevancy
in Self Help
CODEPENDENCY is basically an unhealthy love and a tendency to behave in overly passive or excessively caretaking ways that harm one’s relationships or quality of life. It also often involves placing a lower priority on one’s own needs, while being excessively preoccupied with the needs of others. Tune in Monday June 4th at 8 PM CST as we discuss the patterns, characteristics and harmful effects of un-addressed CODEPENDENCY.
Dying To Live? What’s Holding You Back?
Tonight we will continue to discuss the importance of the grief process, leaving the home physically and emotionally, how our current relationships are affected by the trauma of our source relationships how it all relates to codependency and how to move on to have our own lives. Join me tonight on Cortes on Codependency.
Tonight I will read from some of the good work done by therapists such as Alice Miller, Marilyn Mason from the compulsivity centers in Minnesota, John Bradshaw, a pioneer in the inner child movement and Melody Beattie, a pioneer in the codependency movement just to name a few. So please join me.
Have you ever wondered why you can’t seem to maintain a healthy relationship? Do you feel like people take advantage of your kind heart and generosity? Do you feel a sense of responsibility for your loved one's happiness? If any of these questions ring true for you, you may be a codependent.
Codependency is an emotional behavior that affects our ability to have healthy, mutually-satisfying relationships. It is often found in individuals who are in a relationship with an addicted person or someone with a mental illness. Codependents often have low self-esteem and look for anything outside of themselves to make them feel better…including drugs and alcohol or other compulsive behaviors so you can see why this is an important topic for us to understand and address.
On this episode of The Bubble Hour we will dig into the nature of a codependency and discuss how we can “detach with love” so that we can enjoy healthy, happy relationships with our loved ones.
Host Silvia Casabianca interviews Linda Meyerholz, a licensed mental health counselor based in Southwest Florida.
Linda maintains a busy private practice treating clients in the areas she's studied for a lifetime — dysfunctional relationships, codependency, addictions, and the need for spiritual healing. At the heart of her therapeutic approach is the Human Navigational System, which is detailed in her books and has been an effective healing tool for many of her clients and readers.
Linda is a widely known authority on the causes and treatment of codependency, which is the subject of two books she wrote on the suject. She has also written a novel on an analogous theme.
Join me for my conversation with Dr. Lesly Devereaux as we discuss the many different faces and forms of codependency.
Wednesday October 8, 2014 at 11am mst.
What IS co-dependency? It is a way we seek fulfillment thru controlling others. Usually this need to control is a result of our own powerlessness and can manifest in a variety of ways including being overly agressive OR overly passive.
What can we learn today about modifying our behavior and releasing those we have held captive because of our own need to "fix" others!
Does this speak to YOU? It does to me! This will be wonderfully interesting. Join us as we investigate further how to Break the Bonds of Codependency and freeing our selves and others. And get a chance to speak to Dr Lesly.
Find out how you can get her new book Breaking Codependency
Call in and ask Dr Lesly for help 760.888.5766 OR join our online chat from my fanpage:
www.lisagiroux.com DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE COPY OF:
"The Simplicity of Spirituality" how to create and cultivate your spiritual house!
The family system is so influential. For most of us, whether we grew up with a family or not, it has made a tremendous impact on how we learn to cope in certain situations, love different people, and live life to the fullest! More importantly, it has also aided in giving us our first perspective of God and who He is.
This show is a continuation on the topic of codependency through the avenue of the family system. Listen in as we discuss God's truth concerning family dynamics.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (456 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (31 chatters)
- thelordshour (27 chatters)
- Curious Times (18 chatters)
- The Pet Psychic (16 chatters)
- Nite Callers Bigfoot Radio (14 chatters)
- Alan Roger Currie (13 chatters)
- Healing Light Radio (12 chatters)
- HOV Radio (9 chatters)
- Ra Sekhi Radio (9 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (8 chatters)
- drkate (8 chatters)
- Phone Fantasy Radio (7 chatters)
- SURN Host (6 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (6 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (5 chatters)
- Elovation Radio (5 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (5 chatters)
- The Rad Reality Show (5 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (5 chatters)
- Universal Radio (5 chatters)
- Political Justice (4 chatters)
- LetsGoKings (3 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (3 chatters)
- The Lotus Place (3 chatters)
- Ascended Masters and Angels (3 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (3 chatters)
- Ed Boston Podcast (2 chatters)
- Apostolically Speaking (2 chatters)
- God In The Midst (2 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (2 chatters)
- The Crystal Show (2 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (2 chatters)
- Sports Smack Down Network (2 chatters)
- SupaFi64 (2 chatters)
- World Alliance Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Rated G Radio (1 chatters)
- Mets Public Record (1 chatters)
- The Lisa Affect (1 chatters)
- LETS TALK URBAN (1 chatters)
- Hot Topics Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (1 chatters)