SORT BY Relevancy
in Self Help
Coach Cafe' Radio is thrilled to welcomes Lee Gant for our next Enlightened Conversation!
In her inspiring book, Love in Every Stitch: Stories of Knitting and Healing, master knitter, teacher, and widely published knitwear designer Lee Gant shares real-life stories about the power of knitting.
The stories Lee shares about herself and fellow knitters from around the world illustrate how each stitch and purl can comfort and calm, heal and renew. A suicidal teenager crochets through pregnancy. A dying woman finds comfort in the company of knitters. A woman finds the courage to face her estranged parents. A woman going blind realizes she can still knit — and experience life. And Lee’s life, riddled with more than just anxiety, has at last become stable and productive. This book includes stories of women, men, and teens who have experienced profound change and enlightenment through knitting and crochet.
Here's what people are saying about Love in Every Stitch- "Lee Gant brings us stories from the edge of suffering, marked by addiction, violence and grief. Why venture into this terrain? On the other side we experience the tangible feel of yarn, hands moving with knitting needles and the comfort of a shared passion. Love in Every Stitch: Stories of Knitting and Healing demonstrates Gant's deep love for the craft of knitting, how knitting offered a healing balm in her recovery, as well as helping countless others. As someone who believes in the potency of the arts, Gant offers another view through her testimony to knitting's therapeutic powers, so simple yet profound."
—Adriana Marchione, expressive arts therapist and teacher, creator of When the Fall Comes, a film on love, loss and art.
You can find Lee Gant at-www.leegantknits.com
visit Coach Cafe'- www.coachcaferadio.com
CIvil Chat with Lee looks at lost income due to tax breaks, anti abortion movement, ongoing focus by the GOP on a woman's right to choose, as well as the declining middle class, and our continual oligarchy society machine pushed by the GOP agenda.
Tune in to my show this evening as I discuss what's trending in our political and social scene. Tonight I'll be taking a look at Obama and the TPA, TAA, TPP. This is a HUGE development that inches the president closer to passing another HUGE trade treaty. How will this affect American jobs?
I'l also take a look at the Supreme Court's two major cases Burwell vs King and Gay Marriage.
And of course whatever YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT on progressive stimulating radio
Civil Chat with Lee
Call in 215 383 5844
Civil Chat with Lee looks at what's going on in the social and political spectrum.
1. Franklin Graham states "Christians Should Prepare for Persecution"
2. Former FBI Agent says Isis could sneak in through Mexican Tunnels
3. Ted Cruz criticizes the SCOTUS decision
4. Barney Frank calls Supreme Court Justice Scalia is a Homophobe
And Much much more........
Call In 215 383 5844
Civil Chat with Lee invites YOU to call in and share what GRINDS YOUR GEARS (pisses you off). Topics on the table include
1. Mike Huckabee encourages civil disobedience with gay marriage decision.
2. The "Donald" sounds off on "traditional marriage"
3. Nascar's Dale Earnhardt Jr. chimes in on the Confederate Flag
4. Bobby Jindal defends his accomplishments as Louisiana governor.
5. And MUCH MUCH MORE. What GRINDS YOUR GEARS?
Civil Chat with Lee looks at what's trending on this Summer Saturday Night Fever.
1. Classless Ted Cruz exposes himself in making jokes about Joe Biden at a GOP even on the eve of his son's funeral. Your thoughts?
2. Civil Chat with Lee looks at the War on Poverty and it's success (or failure) since its inception in the Johnson administation.
3. Sam Brownback GOP governor of Koch Brother's Kansas shows clearly why slashing taxes and cutting education is a recipe for a Kansas economic disaster.
And much more.
Civil Chat with Lee looks at what's trending on this TGIF and also ISIS, Rand Paul's comments on ISIS. Who's really to blame? Lee looks at the inception of ISIS from the beginning, the point of "coming out" and who the players are in this party of barbaric ruthless terrorists. Is it Obama? Is it Bush? Both? How has the Middle East factions and civil holy wars contributed to the rise of ISIS? Syria? The Kurds? Iran?
Lee will also look at where Common Core is today in Ameican Education.
CIvil Chat with Lee looks at the following: 1. Is the GOP running too many candidates? Who do YOU think is the frontrunners? 2. IS the Democratic party in trouble by JUST having Hilary as their only viable frontrunner? 3. Will the GOP be able to get the necessary minority vote to pose a threat? Why do minorities vote against their own best interests and vote Republican? 4. Who do you want for president? 5. What SHOULD Obama do with his remaining time in office?
Join Host Live Chats
- High Frequency Radio Network (17 chatters)
- MarlyBird (15 chatters)
- Jay King Network (9 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (4 chatters)
- thedean (3 chatters)
- When Christians Speak (2 chatters)
- The Emotional Pro (2 chatters)
- Joyce BarrieFriends (2 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (1 chatters)
- BeTheLightRadio (1 chatters)