SORT BY Relevancy
The infantile name-calling never ceases from Democratic “leadership”.
So, Mr. Reid, Clarence Thomas is “white”, because he’s not a “card-carrying” member of the “plantation”? Frankly, I thought he was going to refer to the other male justices as black, but I guess, he didn’t want to be considered racist.
Same old tune; liberals can use the race-card at a whim, but just let a conservative criticize Obama …
As I’ve done enough to make the case that Clarence Thomas is indeed, a remarkable brother; wise, balanced, and I forgot – black, there really isn’t a need to defend him any further. However, what should be noted, is the glaring hypocrisy of those who call for [the one-way street of] “tolerance”.
This week, Barack Obama met with Governor Perry, to discuss the border crisis of illegal-immigrant children. All the more interesting, in light of the lecturing of liberals, on “compassion for children”, as it’s conveniently forgotten that most of their parents have abandoned them. In fact, an MS-NBC pundit actually brought – THE BIBLE into the debate, just when I thought, this was the “hang-up” of the “right-wing”.
Speaker Boehner has released the details of his lawsuit against Obama.
Despite the fact that SCOTUS ruled in favor of Hobby Lobby, democrats are trying to circumvent the Ruling, in the name of “women’s rights”. Wasn’t the GOP lambasted for continuing its’ challenges to Obamacare, after SCOTUS’ ruling? Oh, I forgot; REPUBLICANS aren’t allowed to mount such challenges!
STILL, Full Steam Ahead with Clarence Thomas (why we need to re-evaluate Affirmative Action)
Last week’s show was perhaps one of the most critical, in that we engaged in a very volatile discussion on Justice Clarence Thomas, in particular, his alleged stance on affirmative-action, his alleged, past benefits from it and overall, the impact that affirmative-action has had on black people and our progress in America.
One of our callers added an important perspective to this, bringing up a person who I’d never heard of, activist and freedom-fighter Percy Green of Missouri, that state which ironically, was where a young Clarence Thomas had it professional beginnings.
It was obvious, after the sometimes impassioned exchanges, that we needed to continue where we left off, but in addition, try to understand affirmative action.
There will promise to be differing opinions of what exactly affirmative action is, just as there will be, if asked to evaluate its overall impact on black people in America.
But, if we examine extremes, there will be a wing who feels it was and is, absolutely necessary, while others see it as having served its usefulness, even suggesting that today, it hurts black people.
Perhaps, as with many issues, the answer lies somewhere in between both, and either way, given the recent Supreme Court decisions on college admission standards and voter entitlements, the issue promises to be contentious, in the foreseeable future.
Hopefully, I will have a guest, who will greatly contribute to the Discourse, only on
We will taling sports and having fun doing it. Expected to be joined by NBA legend Isiah Thpmas, who will discuss NBA Free Agency and more. Also, the newest member of the Memphis Grizzlies Vince Carter, who will discuss the signing and more. Also, rapper Amiratti will join us to discuss his music and more. Discussing Lebron James's decision to go back to Cleveland, Carmelo Anthony decision to stay in New York and so much more. Listen @ Blogtalkradio.com/pgant or call 646-727-3070
Follow on Twitter @goforitgant
"Mr. International" Shonie Carter will join the broadcast this week. With over 85 fights to his credit, Carter has a vast wealth of experience in mixed martial arts. He has appeared in multiple promotions, including the UFC, WEC, and King of the Cage. Carter has notable wins over Matt Serra and Chris Lytle, and he is currently an MMA instructor in Chicago. Tom, Tony, and Rich will also discuss the week's combat sports news and recap the UFC's "Red, White, and Fight Week" events, including UFC 175 and The Ultimate Fighter 19 Finale.
Cindy Carter is President and Co-Founder of the Cancer Support Foundation -- a non-profit organization providing advocacy and some assistance financially to patients with cancer. The assistance is for non-medical expenses. Advocacy services are provided for medical care.
Cindy will be discussing several challenges cancer patients are currently facing.as they travel through treatment, hopefully to survival.
We'll be talking about issues such as the need for food delivery, transportation, and the problems of getting energy assistance - especially for electric service.
The Cancer Support Foundation is a state-wide service organization, run entirely by volunteer. Donations are requested. With no paid salaries, approximately 90% of all donations go out to the cancer patients to help them maintain a rood over their head, food on the table and utility services along with transportation expenses to and from treatment.
Junious Ricardo Stanton speaks with Jarrett L. Carter Sr. the founding editor of HBCU Digest who is a stuanch advocate for Historically Black Colleges and Universities. He is also the founder of HBCU Radio and The Center for HBCU Media Advocacy. Jarrett is a contributing writer for the Huffington Post and a frequent spokesperson for HBCUs on the MSNBC series about HBCUs and other media outlets. Jarrett shares how he got started, why he is so passionate about HBCUs and he discusses the recent HBCU Digest sponsored Media Summitt Countering the Crisis: Media Strategy and HBCU Survival which took place at Dillard University in New Orleans Louisianna Jlu 10-11, 2014 .
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (499 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (162 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (86 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (37 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (35 chatters)
- Eric Balkman (26 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (21 chatters)
- thelordshour (20 chatters)
- Candelos Corner Radio (18 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (12 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (12 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (11 chatters)
- AltCon Radio (9 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (9 chatters)
- Pro MMA Now Radio (9 chatters)
- NBPP BLACK POWER RADIO (9 chatters)
- PonytailPatriot (8 chatters)
- Dr DREAM and Laura Eisenhower (8 chatters)
- Marijuana Compassion Common Sense (8 chatters)
- HitMan Ministries (7 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (7 chatters)
- Chicago Thunder (7 chatters)
- Conservative Nation Radio (7 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (6 chatters)
- TopSportsReport (6 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (6 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (6 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (5 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (5 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (5 chatters)
- FoReRadio (5 chatters)
- MASTERTEACHER33 (5 chatters)
- Goddess Rhonda (5 chatters)
- Ladies Edition (5 chatters)
- Xpoze Radio (5 chatters)
- Kingdom Kids Radio Network (4 chatters)
- HOV Radio (4 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (4 chatters)
- Butterfly Evolution (4 chatters)
- Stilettos And Convos (4 chatters)
- The Literary Corner (4 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (4 chatters)
- The Captain0 (3 chatters)
- The Huddle 3 (3 chatters)
- SSRN (3 chatters)
- SpinSyndicate Radio (3 chatters)
- onlinewithandrea (3 chatters)
- MFW Radio Live (3 chatters)
- My Little Pony Talk (3 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (3 chatters)
- JUST US RADIO NETWORK (3 chatters)
- Indy Showcase Radio (2 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (2 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (2 chatters)
- Cross Walk Talk (2 chatters)
- ExpandingU RADIO (2 chatters)
- Fire Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- Random Brain Activity (2 chatters)
- Michael A McFadden (2 chatters)
- MKSPCG (2 chatters)
- Spiritual Awakening (2 chatters)
- WBAR NYC (2 chatters)
- Yo Momma Black (2 chatters)
- WordBeat (2 chatters)
- Were Alive (1 chatters)
- Time For A Awakening (1 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (1 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (1 chatters)
- Stickman RADIO (1 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- Own Your Career (1 chatters)
- patriots united (1 chatters)
- Radio Enso (1 chatters)
- Prophet Laron Matthews (1 chatters)
- Dont Tread On Us (1 chatters)
- CLNSRadio (1 chatters)
- LadiesTellAll (1 chatters)
- George Ramirez (1 chatters)