SORT BY Relevancy
Please join Professor Griff and ZaZa Ali this Tuesday June 23rd - For a serious dialog about the current climate in America between Black and white. The Ku Klux Klan has been littering flyers around the country and a self proclaimed white supremacist just murdered nine Black people in a church. Are there people in the background intentionally trying to start a war between the races, or should this be expected living in this country? That, plus the confederate flag debate, lynchings and much more. Callin # is 347-633-9644. 8pm EST / 5pm PST. Peace.
CIvil Chat with Lee looks at lost income due to tax breaks, anti abortion movement, ongoing focus by the GOP on a woman's right to choose, as well as the declining middle class, and our continual oligarchy society machine pushed by the GOP agenda.
New Book Details Long-Forgotten and Controversial Civil War Battle in Louisiana Former Slaves’ Fight at Milliken’s Bend Led to Congressional Investigation Baton Rouge—At Milliken’s Bend, Louisiana, a Union force composed predominantly of former slaves met their Confederate adversaries in one of the bloodiest engagements of the war. This small yet important fight received some initial widespread attention but soon drifted into obscurity. In Milliken’s Bend, Linda Barnickel uncovers the story of this long-forgotten and highly controversial battle. Controversial charges made after the battle eventually led to a congressional investigation and contributed to the suspension of prisoner exchanges between North and South. Barnickel’s compelling and comprehensive account of the battle illuminates not only the immense complexity of the events that transpired in northeastern Louisiana during the Vicksburg Campaign but also the implications of Milliken’s Bend upon the war as a whole. The battle contributed to southerners’ increasing fears of slave insurrection and heightened their anxieties about emancipation. In the North, it helped foster a commitment to allow free blacks and former slaves to take part in the war to end slavery. And for African Americans, both free and enslaved, Milliken’s Bend symbolized their never-ending struggle for freedom. Linda Barnickel is an archivist and freelance writer with master’s degrees from the University of Wisconsin–Madison and The Ohio State University. Passionate about discovering the hidden and fascinating stories of history, she is interested in local history, military history, oral history, and the cultural power of archives.
Hitting the Headline News: GOP, Oklahoma University and Hillary Clinton addressing unauthorized emails.
Civil Chat with Lee looks at what's trending on this Summer Saturday Night Fever.
1. Classless Ted Cruz exposes himself in making jokes about Joe Biden at a GOP even on the eve of his son's funeral. Your thoughts?
2. Civil Chat with Lee looks at the War on Poverty and it's success (or failure) since its inception in the Johnson administation.
3. Sam Brownback GOP governor of Koch Brother's Kansas shows clearly why slashing taxes and cutting education is a recipe for a Kansas economic disaster.
And much more.
Tune in to my show this evening as I discuss what's trending in our political and social scene. Tonight I'll be taking a look at Obama and the TPA, TAA, TPP. This is a HUGE development that inches the president closer to passing another HUGE trade treaty. How will this affect American jobs?
I'l also take a look at the Supreme Court's two major cases Burwell vs King and Gay Marriage.
And of course whatever YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT on progressive stimulating radio
Civil Chat with Lee
Call in 215 383 5844
This episode will discuss the new variances of the North and the South and City and Rural culture. Have we created a new civil war? We will discuss the civil war of 1800s and look at what is happening in the Northern and Southern states today. We will examine lifestyle, culture, social and economic issues and racism and the other isms that led to the Civil War of the 1800s. There are differences, but the variances are still very much the same.
Civil Chat with Lee looks at what's going on in the social and political spectrum.
1. Franklin Graham states "Christians Should Prepare for Persecution"
2. Former FBI Agent says Isis could sneak in through Mexican Tunnels
3. Ted Cruz criticizes the SCOTUS decision
4. Barney Frank calls Supreme Court Justice Scalia is a Homophobe
And Much much more........
Call In 215 383 5844
Join Host Live Chats
- Star Nations Radio Network (22 chatters)
- Hoshaiah Israel (13 chatters)
- Clay Douglas (8 chatters)
- Success Freaks (6 chatters)
- Ice Cream Convos (5 chatters)
- Tracey and Friends (3 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- Negdog Radio (1 chatters)
- New Twist Radio (1 chatters)
- The Road Less Traveled (1 chatters)
- Alzheimers Speaks Radio (1 chatters)
- Back Porch Writer (1 chatters)
- BodyMindSpirit Radio (1 chatters)
- Truth and Guidance Ministries (1 chatters)
- Wealthy Sistas (1 chatters)