SORT BY Relevancy
Last week was busy for Jim and Greg. Greg especially had a busy week with not only EMS Boot Camp & The MedicCast but also being at the live premiere of The Chronicles of EMS.
During this episode of Office Hours Jim gave his point of view of CoEMS
Is EMS the stepping stone to other professions? Do providers leave EMS to pursue better career options when they find so few in EMS. Sometimes its not about pay. Its can be about career movement, job satisfaction and options for the long haul.
Is teaching and supervisory positions the only rungs in the ladder?
What do you think has the constant revolving door in EMS spinning?
Join us tonight for the Office Hours opinion and some thoughts on how to keep providers who bring experinece to the field.
This lively episode of Office Hours was joined by Thaddeus Setla and Justin Schorr of the Chronicles of EMS. Greg Friese and I tried to get them to spill the beans on Fridays special announcement, but all they gave us
was a little tease. However, Justin did hint about where you can find a potential spoiler. Some other topics discussed were Community CPR, Social Media Awareness in EMS, how to vote for The Chronicles with Oprah and some more goodies. Take a quick listen and be sure to visit the show links below.
Chronicles of EMS - Be sure to visit Friday June 4th.
San Francisco Paramedics
EMS Anthem Video
Hardly Anyone Knows about EMS Social Networks
Vote for the Chronicles on Oprah's Network
EMS Expo 2010
EMS Boot Camp
We focus a lot on response in EMS. Our response allong with our training can effect patient outcomes. But what about when response is the focus without equal attention to training. Getting there is only part of what we do, yet is often the one marker that is looked at when it comes to a patients outcome.
This week we talk about EMS response, call types, training and how they reflect on patient outcomes.
Does the 8-10 minute response have a positive impact or is it better training and equipment?
Join us for this discussion.
As EMS professionals we do a job. Part of that job is being available to take calls and respond in a timely manner. Utilization of EMS crews and tracking times on scene, in hospitals etc. ensure
we are meeting the goals of response. However, when does this metric of time begin to effect patient care, documentation and even response?
Take a listen to this episode and share your thoughts below. I have a feeling we will be re-visiting this topic soon and hope to add your feedback to the discussion.
Early in EMS education we are presented with the idea that "time" is a factor in much of what we do. Golden Hours, Platinum Ten Minutes, Time is Muscle etc.
While some of these can help us with our treatment and transport decisions, have you ever wondered or questioned if they are getting in the way of patient care?
As EMS providers we bring much of the Emergency Department to the patient. Even more so we are expected to provide certain levels of care to our patients prior to delivery to these ED's.
I am sure that you have been questioned or made to feel like less of a provider when you don't provide certain aspects of care. Even when it was due to trying to follow dictated "time" constraints that are expected and may have been in the patients better interest to transport rather than perform a skill prior to arrival at the ED.
So what do you think? Are these time markers valuable to us as providers or helpful?
Do we end up focusing too much on them and not on what is best for the patient?
Join us for this episode as we discuss this and other popular EMS topics. Call in Toll Free or come into the chat room to share your opinion.
Visit Jim at EMSSEO.com
Check out Josh over at WANTYNU.com and be sure to look up his newest EMS Tool - The PALM.
This episode we discuss a recent video where EMS providers in NYC are shown with a patient in police custody who ended up dying. More importantly we talk about the all the Monday Morning Quarterbacks that have judged and sentenced these providers with knowing the full story, including local politicians and other EMS governing bodies.
We also talk about the perception in EMS with videos like this one and how that perception is damaged even more with countless FaceBook posts and comments.
This week is the second half of the live show from July 27 with Jim , Josh and Dave Brenner along with guest caller Donald as they try and give their views on the topic.
Join Host Live Chats
- Trunews Radio (29 chatters)
- Straitway (17 chatters)
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (16 chatters)
- The Portal (16 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (11 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (10 chatters)
- TRUradio (8 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (8 chatters)
- Golf Talk Live (7 chatters)
- EmpowerYOU Radio (6 chatters)
- Open Lines Paranormal show (6 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (6 chatters)
- Trek Talking (6 chatters)
- The War Room (5 chatters)
- Universal Energy (5 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (5 chatters)
- Positively Autistic (5 chatters)
- Frat House Sports (4 chatters)
- Comfy Crystal and Medium Eshne (4 chatters)
- Audrey Russo (4 chatters)
- Destruindo Fortalezas (4 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (4 chatters)
- Tom Florios Hard Rock n Sports (3 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (3 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (3 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (3 chatters)
- FFToolbox (2 chatters)
- JASmius (2 chatters)
- Jesusandwetalk (2 chatters)
- JIMMY SMITH (2 chatters)
- Larcher and Lorensen (2 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (2 chatters)
- Conservative Report (2 chatters)
- Dominick Calvitto (2 chatters)
- Elevate The Soul (2 chatters)
- Everything Kathy B (1 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (1 chatters)
- Impact Media (1 chatters)
- Its Not Me Its You (1 chatters)
- CTKRMinistries (1 chatters)
- CWA Radio (1 chatters)
- BBQSS Sports Network (1 chatters)
- Discovering The Truth w Dan Duval (1 chatters)
- Nu Power Radio Network (1 chatters)
- LA Batchelor (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- FootballGameplan (1 chatters)
- The Random Frequency Network (1 chatters)
- Writestream Radio Network (1 chatters)