SORT BY Relevancy
Christmas is the time of fun, cheer and goodwill to all. It's a time when some sing christmas carols or watch christmas movies. We all have a favorite Christmas tradition. Today we will talk about your favorite Christmas tradition and spread some Christmas love.
Dr. Anthony McRoy is a visiting Lecturer at the University of Wales and will be my guest to talk about Christmas traditions and origins. Where did we get this idea of a big man in a red suit? Is there something pagan about Christmas trees? Why does the holiday take place on December 25th? All of these are important questions and we will be addressing them this episode. Call in with your questions at 714-242-5180.
GROK RADIO NOW STREAMING LIVE 24 HOURS A DAY!
GET THE GROK RADIO APP!
For your i-phone/Pad, Android smartphones and Tablets!
Candi and Randy chat with special guests Olivia Newton-John, Vanessa Williams, Judy Collins and Matt Zarley, who chat on their favorite Christmas traditions and memories.
Plus, Gerald McCullouch of "BearCity," CSI" and the web series "Hustling" gives us an impromptu sing-a-long.
We also share some of our guests' best holiday music to set the perfect mood during the holiday season.
Keeping It 1-Hundred returns from its hiatus this Saturday morning at 11 on blogtalk radio.com. Join hosts Sam and Bobbie and they discuss Christmas traditions, have a little fun and a surprise giveaway will be involved!
This show will discuss how values and traditions shape how we view life.
What is culture and how does it influence us?
Iris Estrada is American by birth, Mexican by blood, and curious by nature. She is a bilingual freelance writer who grew up on the Arizona-Mexico border then spent her teen years in the Dominican Republic. She moved to Canada to pursue her university degree in journalism and international development studies and is currently residing in Florida.
From her rich cultural experience, Iris shares her knowledge of Hispanic Christmas traditions that vary by country and region. Iris explains that there are three things that are always present during the holiday, regardless of where you’re from: mouth-watering food, festive music, and good times with family and friends.
Listen and celebrate traditions that begin on December 24 and take us into the New Year, concluding on January 6!
¡Feliz Año Nuevo!
To Contact Iris Estrada: email@example.com
This Monday, "The FX" will discuss the topic of Abuse. We have read and talked about the "hot topics" in the media, but Monday we will attempt to go a little further into the topic. In dealing with Domestic Abuse, we will examine how to recognize that you are in an abusive relationship as well as the steps needed to get out of it.
Also we will look at the time old tradition that many of us have experience... spankings. "...when I was growing up, I use to get whippings all the time and I turned out fine..." We've either heard that comment or said it. The question has come up recently, "does Corporal Punishment encourage rather than deters violent behavior?"
Experience the "FX" and tune in Monday night at 7/8p (ct/et)
"To Switch or Not To Switch: Corporal Punishment and the Traditions of Spankings"
Only at www.blogtalkradio.com/thegreenhousefx or listen on your phone: 818-691-7412
"Nothing stops a person who desires to achieve. Every obstacle is simply a course to develop one's achievement muscle. It's strengthen of his/her powers of accomplishment." Thomas Carlyle
Join Host Live Chats
- High Frequency Radio Network (34 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (14 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (10 chatters)
- Bear and Brenda B Readings (8 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (7 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (7 chatters)
- churchfolk (6 chatters)
- NLPI RADIO USA KURT LOGSDON (5 chatters)
- Ebony Empress (4 chatters)
- TLO Ministry (3 chatters)
- TheRealSideRadio (2 chatters)
- SPECULATION SPORTS (2 chatters)
- Help4HD (2 chatters)
- The Organic View (2 chatters)
- VasquezSports (2 chatters)
- WeekdayswithMurph (2 chatters)
- Broad Street Line (2 chatters)
- JASmius (2 chatters)
- LA Batchelor (2 chatters)
- Mikeisha (2 chatters)
- Out Of A Pure Heart (1 chatters)
- Rapture Ready Radio (1 chatters)
- Sandra Booker (1 chatters)
- SANDRA WILSON SHOW (1 chatters)
- Sharry Edwards (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- Jesus Is The Word (1 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Live (1 chatters)
- EXOXPXPastor (1 chatters)
- USA Emergency Broadcasting Network (1 chatters)
- SportsTime Radio (1 chatters)
- The Yehudah Project (1 chatters)