SORT BY Relevancy
Live on nubiahoodradio.com
Live on Blogtalk Radio
Tune in to Herbal Intellect this Saturday at 4pm Pacific
On this week's show we will discuss:
Intro and updates
The Science of Herbalism
How to get the most benefit out of your herbs
Examples of common herbs
Free downloadable Powerpoint presentation to accompany the show
Here are some upcoming show topics:
More on Stress and your Thoughts
The Enteric Nervous system
Diabetes and Sugar Addiction in black America
Coffee the herb, and Caffeine the Drug
Lupus, What Can We Do?
Take the poll at herbalintelelct.wordpress.com
Don't be shy, discuss with Us. Call in to the studio at 323-815-8729
Voice your concerns about disease and health in our black community!
Have chronic stress or other health concerns? Sign up for a health consultation!
Support black businesses now and always!
Want to have your own show on nubiahoodradio.com? Get stared here!
Listen 24/7 on the new Android app or on TuneIN
In this show you’ll learn:
What integrative cancer care is and how Chinese medicine fits in
What the acupressure points are a cancer patient can use at home
What the top herbal medicines are that support a cancer patient
Background and Guest information:
At one time, cancer was not prevalent, and was considered a disease of old age.Evidence suggests that recent spread of cancer to all quarters of the population is due to increase in sedentary lifestyles, overeating of rich food, depletion of the soil, environmental toxins.
Join Dr. Ritamarie and Dr. Nalini Chilkov as they discuss the use of traditional Chinese medicine diagnosis to closely match foods and their preparation to the condition and constitution.
Dr. Nalini Chilkov is the Founder of Integrative Cancer Answers, and the author of best selling book Thirty Two Ways to OutSmart Cancer | How to Create a Body in Which Cancer Cannot Thrive.
She is listed as a go-to clinician in Susanne Sommer’s book Doctors Who Are Curing Cancer and How to Prevent Getting It in the First Place.
Check out Dr. Ritamarie’s VITAL Health Community for additional resources on the role that plants and herbs play in your hormone and skin care health, as well as strategies to include in your daily routines to achieve more vitality.
Chinese Medicine has become a well-known support for fertlity, even as fertility technology has advanced with procedures like IVF, ICSI and egg donation. Today we'll learn how ancient medicine can support new technology.
For well over a decade, Dr. Lee Hullender Rubin has been helping women and men build their families. As a doctor of acupuncture and oriental medicine specializing in fertility treatment, she uses acupuncture, Chinese herbs, diet and lifestyle counseling, and some basic supplements to support her patients to achieve their family building goals, depending the needs and preferences of the patients.
She works alongside fertility doctors during high tech fertility treatments or provides natural fertility treatments. Dr. Hullender Rubin is also a researcher, so she casts are critical eye on how treatments help, and which treatments provide the greatest benefit to her fertility patients.
As our guest today on Sperm Meets Egg, she will present to us the research and statistics on:
Rates of infertlity
Rates of IVF success
What can cause IVF to fail
Research on efficacy of acupuncture with IVF
Risks and benefits of acupuncture
Please tune in! Learn more about Dr. Lee Hullender Rubin and her clinic, Portland Acupuncture Studio, here.
Dr. Rubin's twitter feed
Portland Acupuncture Studio's facebook page
To learn more about your host, Bridgit Danner, and her online functional medicine practice for women, please visit BridgitDanner.com.
Look out for our next episode in two weeks on coping with grief, nosy relatives over the holidays!
Yarrow and the Herbal Prepper Book!
American Preppers Radio!
9:00pm/Est 8:00pm/Ct 7:00pm/Mt 6:00pm/Pt
Live Listen and Chat go to: http://prepperbroadcasting.com/listen-chat/
I’m not a doctor. I cannot diagnose or give medical advice. I am an herbalist, midwifery student, massage therapist, and a prepper. I see the potential for emergencies where people are cut off from modern facilities and help is just not coming. I see the potential for scenarios where pharmacies may have nothing but empty shelves.
It is my belief that herbalists can fill in some of the gaps in the absence of modern medicine, whether that be from an EMP, a natural disaster that leaves communities stranded for extended periods, an economic collapse causing an interruption in supply, or any other obstacle that puts modern medicine out of a person’s reach.
Tags: American Preppers Radio, Prepper Broadcasting, Fruits and Vegetables
in Self Help
Susun Weed answers 90 minutes of herbal health questions followed by a 30 minute interview with Gail Sheehy. Gail Sheehy is the author of sixteen books, including the classic New York Times bestseller Passages, named one of the ten most influential books of our times by the Library of Congress. A multiple award-winning literary journalist, she was one of the original contributors to New York magazine and has been a contributing editor to Vanity Fair since 1984. She returns with her inspiring memoir — a chronicle of her trials and triumphs as a groundbreaking “girl” journalist in the 1960s, to iconic guide for women and men seeking to have it all, to one of the premier political profilers of modern times. A popular lecturer, Sheehy was named AARP's Ambassador of Caregiving in 2009. She lives in New York City.
this episode Q&A includes:
• chickweed and comfrey for opening up oil glands in eyes..
• removing skin cancer with Mohs and calendula oil around stiched area...
• PCOS and wanting to conceive..
• praise for violet infusions and eczema..
• HPV- 90% of cases clear up on their own without any treatment..
• lingering nerve pain and tingling from viral meningitis- hypericum perforatum..
• preparation of seeds and meats..
• marijuana is the specific herb for glaucoma..
• reacurring vaginal yeast infection- check out Down There Sexual and Reproductive Health The Wise Woman Way
• and much more...
In today's edition of the Encouragement Group, host David Gerber takes a look at an old Chinese parable that helps us to examine our circumstances as being fortunate or unfortunate depending on how we choose to look a those circumstances. Co host Michael Boccia helps participants to take a look at how miracles occur. As always miracles will be shared.
in Self Help
Susun Weed answers 90 minutes of herbal health questions followed by a 30 minute interview Dr. Shaelyn Pham. Shaelyn Pham is a psychologist, author, speaker and coach, she reveals why the world needs more selfish people in THE JOY OF ME: Uncover Your Loving Self Through the Art of Being Selfish. Dr. Pham is about to challenge everything you think you know about selflessness and happiness. The Los Angeles-based psychologist declares that despite what your parents probably taught you about the values of sharing and compromising, adults who take care of their own needs first have more self-confidence and may make better parents and spouses.
this episode Q&A includes:
• eczema treatment- yarrow tincture, honey and aloe..
• 3 year old with inflamed uncircumcised penis red and inflamed- anti infective such as echinacea internally and topically..
• autoimmune disease is an exhausted immune system..
• nourishing herbal infusions, bone broth, elderberry infusion and sauerkraut for the flu..
• if you want something out of the kidneys- nourish the liver- milk thistle seed and dandelion..
• the 7 medicines and hepatitis C and ovarian cancer
• edema and moving lymphatic fluid with cleavers and poke..
• giving death..
• and much more..
in Self Help
Susun Weed answers 90 minutes of herbal health questions followed by a 30 minute interview with David Flink. David Flink was diagnosed with dyslexia and ADHD at the age of 9. He was a member of the first generation of students to receive special education services and accommodations. In 1998, he co-founded Eye to Eye, a national mentoring organization for students with learning disabilities, where he holds the title of CEO (Chief Empowerment Officer). In his new book, THINKING DIFFERENTLY: An Inspiring Guide for Parents of Children with Learning Disabilities. Website: http://www.davidflink.com/
this week Q&A includes:
• pregnant nursing mother wanting to abort using tansy- herbs are not safe or effective to terminate a pregnancy- go to an abortion clinic..
• gallbladder problems- it's the fats you're eating not the sugar..
• mucous keeps us free from infection- slippery elm, comfrey leaf and linden infusions, plantain seed, purslane..
• desire to keep eating for since of security? try taking a walk after meal or chewing xylitol gum..
• wanting a stronger connection with spirit guide? try taking time to connect with yourself..
• praise is free criticism is expensive..
• long term lichen sclerosus- topical estrogen cream and discutient herbs- red clover oil and violet oil..
• 3 year old thrush pain in mouth- yogurt, comfrey, linden and oatstraw infusions..
• small heart attack- A Healthy Hear The Wise Woman Way
• hawthorne helps heart to function better..
• scar tissue from c-section? chickweed oil..
in Self Help
Susun Weed answers 90 minutes of herbal health questions followed by a 30 minute interview with her brother Steve Shaft. Steve Shaft is the creator of Terra Gifts and is the owner of LS Shaft's Farm. He is a farmer, gardening consultant, silversmith, duck herder, dog lover, & accomplished culinary artist.Terra Gifts are made from resources found in nature. Our skin care products contain no petroleum products, no synthetics, no alcohol & no added water. Find Steve's Rejuvenation cream at the Wise Woman Bookshop.
this episode Q&A includes:
• what does imbalance mean?
• using milk thistle seed tincture as a protective and dandelion as a consistent nourisher of the liver..
• gathering your own generous dandelion relieves anxiety of not having enough..
• dangers of drinking raw green drinks..
• making a tincture of cannabis for pain may be ineffective- try passionflower, california poppy and skullcap tinctures..
• just in case potting may weaken pelvic floor and one may try squatting over a toilet..
• thrush in mouth, yeast infections and candida..
• is sugar disruptive to gut flora? Susun says no!
• anti infective herbs- yarrow, echinacea and usnea..
• herbs are western medicine!
• learn to tell yourself the truth!
• trying is lying- you either do or you don't!
• rib muscle pain- detailed explanation of inadequate exhalation- meditation, pranayama, playing wind instruments, singing lessons..
• breathing in magnifies emotion, breathing out changes emotion..
• tinctures are not nourishing- nourishing, tonifying, sedating, poisonous herbs..
Welcome to a series of shows on the Voice of Hope which have been designed to improve your spoken English . . . and your life! This series is aimed at children, but any Mandarin speaker who has no English language background and would like to learn the basics of spoken English can profit from our lessons. Today we will learn the sounds of the letter "D." English language sounds and stories are used to teach these lessons. Our instructional help is free! Improve your English with state certified teachers. And, as an added bonus, find the HOPE you need for living. Gather the children around and help them to improve their English grades in school. Please invite your friends to tune in for this free language help which is designed primarily for children.