SORT BY Relevancy
Noon Saturdays, "The Resilient Brain," host Kathy Kitts
Join us as we talk to former Montgomery County School Board member Dr. Alan Cheung. Dr. Cheung was initially a pharmacist, taught medical school students in this subject, and then moved into the political arena with his position on the Board. It was in large part due to Dr. Cheung that Potomac Elementary School became the first public school in the country to offer Chinese Immersion. My own son graduated from this program, fluent in Chinese!! Dr. Cheung has recently turned to community work. He has written for a grant to fund a Chinese Immersion Summer Camp featuring a STEM curriculum. How ingenious! The program was first funded last summer, and was successful in its funding request this time as well. Through careful budgeting (and Dr Cheung giving up his own salary) the program will be able to be funded through the school year, in an after-school program! I met the teachers and students from the summer camp, and they were all most impressive. Only 3 wks of summer camp and already the kids were spouting Chinese.
Listen as we interview Dr. Cheung and find out some of the fascinating details to his programs.
Dr. Charles Moss is the author of Power of the Five Elements: The Chinese Medicine Path to Healthy Aging and Stress Resistance and The Adaptation Diet: A Three-Step Approach to Control Cortisol, Lose Weight, and Prevent Chronic Disease.
On this show, Chef Alex will debut a mini series here on the Chef Cardinale's Cooking show. We will be doing a Fast Food Friday series where we will be talking about some famous fast foods. Alex will share his personal recipes for fast food! :)
We will debut with Chef Alex's favorite fast food! Chinese food! Everyone loves CHINESE FOOD RIGHT? I certainly do, matter of fact, I could eat it every day! Topics for this show include: Typical ingredients in Chinese food, America's Chinese food vs. Traditional Chinese food, MSG in Chinese food, Alex's favorite chinese food, and finally Alex will share recipes! Alex has a pork fried rice recipe, Chicken finger recipe, Orange Chicken recipe, pork lo mein recipe, and an egg roll recipe plus many other recipes!
Have questions? Call 646-716-6458 dial 1.
Or you can call in to tell Chef Alex what your favorite Chinese food is, and why!
in Self Help
Susun Weed answers 90 minutes of herbal health questions followed by a 30 minute interview with Dr. Jeanne Segal. Jeanne Segal, Ph.D., Editorial Director, has been helping individuals and families for over 40 years as an innovator within the fields of emotional intelligence, holistic health, attachment, stress reduction and relationships. She coordinated a series of conferences linking brain development to the emotional relationship between infants and their caretakers. She has written five books, which have been published in 13 languages.
this episode Q&A- includes:
• endometrial cancer, chemo and metal taste- slippery elm balls to neutralize poisons..
• radiation and eating carotene rich foods such as baked sweet potato and carrot juice- after radiation wakame and kombu in soup or infusion..
• medicated abortion- any time a pregnancy ends we give birth and releasing the spirit from the womb..
• improving sperm count over time with pumpkin seeds, astragalus, oatstraw infusions, zinc rich foods, avocados, limiting heat exposure and more..
• vivid dreaming and pillow with artemisia vulgaris..
• nourishing the thyroid with fucus and changes in thinking..
• acid reflux, fruit and dietary changes..
• oatstraw bath for comforting the grieving spirit..
• vaginal fluids and yeast infection..
Phil and Nikki are joined by their producer, Jon, who's "terrible" last name sparks an informative discussion of Phil's dyslexia. The trio also discuss sex on a first date, stoned sex, sober sex, and round it out with the tale of Nikki's recent brush with a break up. Also, some real talk about depression.
Call in with your questions at 347-467-1240
Follow @NikkiGlaser @PhilMHanley and @standupnylabs. Visit www.StandUpNY.com to see when Phil and Nikki are performing live at Stand Up NY. Listen to all our other great podcasts at www.StandUpNYLabs.com
Check out all of our shows at standupnylabs.com
in Self Help
The various aspect of your world are reflections of who you are being. Look at the dfferent roles you play in your life.
What aspects of the role hold you back from being your true self?
What is one specific thing you can do to make one of the changes you identified? Write it below, and commit to doing it this week. Record the result of your change in your journal.
in Self Help
Susun Weed answers 90 minutes of herbal health questions followed by a 30 minute interview with Karen Amster-Young and Pam Godwin. Karen Amster-Young is a marketing and public relations veteran and has amassed many PR awards, including a spot on PR Week’s “Forty PR Stars under Forty”. She is also a freelance writer and along with Pam Godwin, their blog the52weeks.com was started as a way to shake things up, try new things and get out of their respective comfort zones. Karen lives with her husband and daughter in New York City.
Pam Godwin began her career as a caseworker for a nonprofit refugee resettlement agency. After getting her master’s degree in elementary education, she taught in New York City public schools as a classroom teacher and literacy specialist. She lives with her husband and children in New York City.
this episode Q&A- includes:
• 1 year old with rattle in the lungs- how to make mullein milk and when and how to harvest mullein..
• we have become physical so our spirit can have experiences..
• tendons and ligaments have shortened after breaking bones- comfrey leaf infusion..
• the greater our flexibility in life the more sturdy we are..
• thyroid and fucus infusion..
• does red clover and St. Joans Wort decrease the effectiveness of birth control pills? what part of plant are you using? what form?
• is shoulder surgery necessary?
• circulation- fingers and toes cold to touch..
• improving the quality of your diet..
in Self Help
Susun Weed answers 90 minutes of herbal health questions.
this episode Q&A- includes:
• Susun tells a story of developing a cough after her fathers death- she asks how is this cough serving you? what do you need to cough up?
• menopause, thyroid, hysterectomy..
• hysterectomy with removal of the ovaries is castration..
• palpitations and anxiety- motherwort and daily meditation practice..
• algins in seaweed bind to radioactive isotopes in the body to help remove them..
• story medicine- have you asked you wise healer within for a story?
• multiple cavities in children- get them filled!
• how much herb for infusion for a year?
• red clover infusion, fertility and progesterone..
• linden infusion and making a second brew..
• oat straw is the herb of desire and brings back libido..
• what do you mean by sex? intercourse and real personal satisfaction..
• motherhood and feeling trapped- we are prisoners of our own thoughts..
• mullein flower oil for ear infections...
• inflammatory reaction to bug bites? try eliminating pepper from the diet..
in Self Help
Susun Weed answers 90 minutes of herbal health questions followed by a 30 minute interview with Elsbeth Meuth and Freddy Zental Weaver. Dr. Elsbeth Meuth, Ed.D., was born and raised in Germany and has been developing her career over the past 40 years in the United States and Europe. Elsbeth holds a doctorate in education and a master’s degree in music. Her academic career includes associate professorships at Musikhochschule Nordrhein-Westfalen in Germany, and Berklee School of Music in Boston.She is trained as an ontological design coach employing the principles of the “Philosophy of Language” and is a certified Tantra Yoga teacher.
Freddy Zental Weaver co-led creative self-discovery seminars at the Institute for Creative Living in Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, and Hawaii. He employs the creative self-discovery approach as developed and pioneered by his father, psychiatrist and author Fred Weaver, MD. Freddy Zental has served as a teacher and district-wide human relationship counselor in the Los Angeles Unified School District and is a performing artist with a one-man show called Sexual Enlightenment currently touring the United States.
this episode - Q&A includes:
• chickweed contains saponins that break open membranes around things we don't want like cysts..
• gingko contains gingkolides that kill ovarian cancer cells..
• if you're going to take something- take ownership of your decisions..
• making rose elixir..
• if you hold out for perfection you wont ever be able to do anything at all..
• egg tubes blocked and castor oil packs, red clover blossom infusion for fertility and vitex to bring down high FSH levels..
• osteoporosis and a vegan diet- infusions, eating meat and full fat yogurt..
The Herbal Prepper Live
on American Preppers Radio!
Sundays 7:00pm/Est 6:00pm/Ct 5:00pm/Mt 4:00pm/Pt
Live Listen and Chat go to: http://prepperbroadcasting.com/listen-chat/
Tuberculosis isn’t on a lot of people’s radar, but it should be. Technically, there is a global tuberculosis pandemic, with someone dying every 25 seconds. Tuberculosis is also developing resistance to even the most powerful, “last line of defense” antibiotics currently made.
What can you do to protect yourself from drug-resistant tuberculosis? Join me for the next episode of Herbal Prepper Live, July 27, 2014, where I will discuss antibiotic herbs and essential oils, length of care, herbs to ease the symptoms of tuberculosis, the impact of tuberculosis care on your food storage, how to support your immune system, as well as herbs and essential oils to disinfect a sick room.
Read More HERE
Visit The Herbal Prepper HERE!
Tags: American Preppers Radio, Prepper Broadcasting, The Herbal Prepper, Health Care
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (494 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (62 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (29 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (28 chatters)
- Curious Times (24 chatters)
- Namaste Farms (24 chatters)
- Healing Light Radio (18 chatters)
- thelordshour (17 chatters)
- reactionariez (15 chatters)
- drkate (13 chatters)
- iCandiRadio (12 chatters)
- The Rad Reality Show (10 chatters)
- Get Real LOL uncensored reality tv (9 chatters)
- Leslie Draper (8 chatters)
- TonyWolfPaw (8 chatters)
- EnlightenmentEvolution Network (7 chatters)
- Common Sense Psychic (7 chatters)
- Da DNell Experience (6 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (6 chatters)
- Higher Truth Radio (6 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (6 chatters)
- Shifting Times Radio (6 chatters)
- SURN Host (4 chatters)
- Justice Lab (4 chatters)
- Love Productions (4 chatters)
- Restoring Your Reality (4 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (4 chatters)
- Erotic Talk Radio (4 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (3 chatters)
- G Konsciousness Radio (3 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (3 chatters)
- KLJN 107 7 (3 chatters)
- God In The Midst (3 chatters)
- Raw Sex (3 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (3 chatters)
- Talking Terror Presents (2 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Matty Ps Radio Happy Hour (2 chatters)
- Iconici Radio MMA (1 chatters)
- RotoRadio (1 chatters)
- patriots united (1 chatters)
- LadiesTellAll (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (1 chatters)
- Bustin Out Radio (1 chatters)
- Big Brother After Show (1 chatters)
- Big Brother Spoilers By Mike (1 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (1 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (1 chatters)
- Terrachat Net (1 chatters)
- The Larry Love Show (1 chatters)
- The NTuned Show (1 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (1 chatters)