SORT BY Relevancy
Join us as we welcome the oncology rock stars behind the /take a deep breath/ Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center of Northwestern University’s comprehensive follow-up STAR Program for adult survivors of childhood cancer. Karen Kinahan, RN (Clinical Nurse Specialist), Kristin Smith (Fertility Preservation Patient Navigator) and long-term survivor Colleen Cira will talk about life beyond childhood cancer and progress being made to serve the more than 350,000 Americans in that space. Survivor spotlight on young adult colon cancer survivor, blogger and healthcare activist Michelle Whitehead-Hastings.
The chief complaint of cancer patients to their doctors is fatigue. In this world of technology, we have so much help with all from all sorts of machines. Dr. Ken Weizer shares with us his thoughts on the cause of fatigue in our lives – “the Terrible Toos.” (No, we are not talking about toddlers.) But Dr. Ken gives us his solution as well – ‘the Wonderful Ones.” What does he mean? Listen in to Dr. Ken’s discussion to find out.
“Our habits create our lives.” In the cancer dance, you have to make new habits – even if you don’t want to. In discussing creating good habits in his life, a patient told Dr. Ken Weizer, “It’s easy to say but hard to do.” Dr. Weizer had a different take on it. Listen as Dr. Weizer talks about how to help yourself do the good habits that you should do. A discussion that everyone can take something from, whether you have cancer or not.
Parenting while facing the challenge of cancer presents a litany of major issues and concerns, not the least of which is how to talk to your children. Join us tonight as we welcome parent/survivors Jen Singer, Adam Johnson and Francesca Giessmann to discuss this incredibly important issue. Survivor spotlight on Megan Hildebrandt.
Cancer is expensive. Period. Too often, you win the fight but lose everything thanks to crushing debt, medical bankruptcy, etc.. This is not OK and the folks at Give Forward (Ethan Austin, Co-Founder and Ariana Vargas, Director of Business Development) are doing something about it. Join us as we discuss our broken healthcare system, the ridiculously high cost of care and what people are doing about it. Survivor spotlight on blogger Sarah Dalzell.
Renal cell carcinoma is a very rare cancer that represents the most common form of Kidney Cancer; and it is occuring more frequently in young adults. With no actual preventon or early detection methods, if not somehow caught early, prognosis for remission are very low. Join us as we welcome AYA/RCC survivor Lauren Hassell and Dr. Carl Bischoff, board certified urologic oncologist and RCC specialist to shed light on this underdiscussed orphan disease. Survivor spotlght on Steven Robinson.
Life is crazy enough without cancer. Toss that in, especially for young adults, and it's a big mess. Cue two incredible nonprofits worth knowing about that offer experiential outdoor retreats for young adults facing cancer. Join us as we speak with Nancy & Colin Ferro (Co-Founders, Epic Experience) and David E Victorson, PhD (Co-Founder, True North Treks and Associate Professor in Medical Social Sciences, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine) Survivor spotlight on Mallory Douge.
When a person is diagnosed with cancer, they need more than just information. They need to know what questions to ask; what options they have and what choices they face. They need to know how to be heard and how to find those that will listen. When my dad was diagnosed with cancer, it took hundreds of hours to find the detailed information he needed to understand his diagnosis and make decisions about treatment - and his time was running out. We spent too much time looking and not enough time living and not having any peace. Time was wasted. Join Mark as he provides you with essential information you NEED to know after diagnosis
They say, "Honesty is the best policy." This is true in the cancer journey as well. Being honest with your doctor, your doctor being honest with you, and being honest with yourself are all very important when going through a traumatic experience. Join Dr. Ken Weizer as he shares some thoughts on honesty in the cancer dance.
Join us for an exclusive broadcast shining a light on the Ralph Lauren Center for Cancer Care and Prevention right here in NYC. We'll be speaking with Dr. Gina Villani (CEO/Medical Director), Marci Brenholz (Director of Development) and AYA patient Danny Jimenez. Survivor spotlight on Tamika Phillips.
1 Very Simple Stress Management Strategy - Plus 10 Quick, Easy & Natural Instant Stress Relievers! Part 2
Feeling Overwhelmed, Anxious, Frustrated, On Edge, Stressed Out?
We've all been there from time to time! You can't avoid it in this day and age of 24/7 continual communication and connection. And especially if you've also been diagnosed with a major illness such as cancer - or you're the caregiver for a loved one who's been diagnosed with a major illness! You know what I'm talking about...
Last week I shared a few of my favorite simple tips that cost you nothing, but instantly de-stress you and your loved one(s) (Quick Tip #50)? And as promised, on this week's episode of Kick Cancer In The Can® Weeky Quick Tips, I will share 10 more of my favorite quick and easy stress relievers so you'll be well-equipped to handle any of those darned stressful situations...
Remember, it's your input, comments, questions, and suggestions that make these podcasts possible. So please drop by our dedicated Facebook page at: http://www.facebook.com/KickCancerInTheCan, LIKE the page, and then add any of insights and AHA's you had, as well as any burning questions you want answered on future podcasts.
To insure you never miss a weekly quick tip just head over to http://bit.ly/KCITCquicktips - Subscribe, then rate the shows, add a comment, and share the podcasts with everyone you care about. Many thanks!
Maybe you need immediate immersion in a personalized mentoring program? Then what are you waiting for? Call our 24/7 Live Operator hotline at 888-305-1495.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (498 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (44 chatters)
- sherrytalkradio (33 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (31 chatters)
- Curious Times (28 chatters)
- Eric Balkman (27 chatters)
- Paradigm Shift Radio (25 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (24 chatters)
- thelordshour (17 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (15 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (14 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (13 chatters)
- TonyWolfPaw (12 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (12 chatters)
- Pro MMA Now Radio (11 chatters)
- Free Thinking Radio (9 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (6 chatters)
- Goddess Rhonda (6 chatters)
- The NTuned Show (6 chatters)
- Universal Radio (6 chatters)
- Yo Momma Black (6 chatters)
- Xpoze Radio (5 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (5 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (5 chatters)
- Ladies Edition (5 chatters)
- JUST US RADIO NETWORK (4 chatters)
- Kingdom Kids Radio Network (4 chatters)
- KLJN 107 7 (4 chatters)
- Quagmire America (4 chatters)
- SURN Host (4 chatters)
- Truth Emerges (4 chatters)
- The Huddle 3 (3 chatters)
- Radio Akasha (3 chatters)
- Jay King Network (3 chatters)
- Cross Walk Talk (3 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (3 chatters)
- DavetheMystic (3 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (2 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (2 chatters)
- Lorries Talk News Radio (2 chatters)
- Random Brain Activity (2 chatters)
- Indy Showcase Radio (2 chatters)
- The Wheel Men (2 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (2 chatters)
- Red Broward (2 chatters)
- Talk Radio 49 (2 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (2 chatters)
- Spiritual Awakening (1 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (1 chatters)
- The Seika Network (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Injustice System (1 chatters)
- Lennis (1 chatters)
- Real Relevant and Raw Radio (1 chatters)
- Love Productions (1 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (1 chatters)
- G Konsciousness Radio (1 chatters)
- Dont Tread On Us (1 chatters)
- Dragon vs Dragon (1 chatters)
- Butterfly Evolution (1 chatters)