SORT BY Relevancy
Real Talk All the Time will be interviewing a young lady by the name of Chitown. She is a motivational speaker, counselor and survivor of child abuse and domesitc violence. Join us as we analyze a cycle of violence. Also we will look at the FAILURE that is the foster care system. Many children are put into the foster care in hopes that they will be cared for only to find out they are suffering horrendous and almost unspeakable abuse. Is the Foster Care system a Haven for pedophiles and rapists? Who will hear the cry of these kids and do something to stop it. Foster Care a wolf in sheeps clothing. As usual we will also have our commentary on Sports, Entertainment, and Politics. Join us Tuesday, July 15th @7:30pm Eastern Time. REAL TALK ALL THE TIME. 100% Real unpolished and unrehearsed, real talk for real people. The call in is 347-637-3010. www.realtalkallthetime.com
The Aftermath of Violence: Trauma & Abuse
Harris County Precint 7 Domestic Violence Deputy Program
5290 Griggs Road, Houston, TExas 77021
24 hour dispatch 713-643-6602
Victims Services 713-643-66773
Join host Grace Aron and guest speakers Manna Techlemariam, Veronica Saccoh and Fatima Kourouma to discuss the intersection of Domestic Violence and Substance Abuse/Mental Health.
History has taught us children have always been abused and/or neglected by one or both parents. This is nothing new, is not just an American phenomenon, is not a revelation. As far back as written history exists, men have owned their children as well as their wives, their animals, their slaves, and their other property. Children throughout history and in a myriad of different cultures and times could be sent into slavery to rapay a debt or the child might be sold outright for profit. Physical abuse, child neglect, and child sexual abuse were considered socially acceptable behavior in much of ancient times.
Now we have a different perspective on child abuse but we also know that rarely is child abuse experienced through a single attack, a single act of deprivation, or a single molestation. Very often there are multiple forms of abuse happening simultaneously. There may be emotional abuse through excessive or aggressive parental behavior which places unreasonable demands on the child. Sometimes emotional abuse is not what the parent does to the child but what a parent fails to do at all! Children who are starved for love, for care, for support, and for guidance carry those psychological scars well into adulthood.
This program will begin with a history of child maltreatment and then take a look at modern defeintions of child abuse. Types of abuse covered include emotional/psychological abuse, neglect, physical abuse, and sexual abuse. We will then cover mandated reporting, child victim criminal law, DV and child custody issues, and criminal jurisdictions as they apply to child abuse cases.
This training program is a public service of The American Public Safety Training Institute found at www.tapsti.org
When there is a case of suspected child abuse there are different agencies which become involved. Child protective services is one of those agencies and must determine if a child is in need of care, protection, and/or various services. Social service agencies get involved to investigate evidence abuse occurred and identify the person likely to have committed the abuse or, in cases of neglect, to investigate the neglect to protect the child. The police investigate suspected abuse and neglect cases as well but they have a different goal: They are required to determine if probable cause exists to evidence a crime having been committed and to identify the perpetrator for possible prosecution.
Physical injury as well as signs of psychological or emotional abuse are important to the police investigator. Evidence, statements, and reports from forensics are collected with the goal
of identifying and prosecuting the perpetrator. The different agencies may have different goals based on what they do but their cooperation is always based in what is in the best interests of the child.
We strongly urge people to become involved in the National Alliance for Drug Endangered Children http://www.nationaldec.org/
This is a public service message of the American Public Safety Training Institute at http://www.tapsti.org
What we Can Do for the CHILDREN, the YOUTH and ADULTS included to lead the to SAFETY?
with HEATHER BENO and QUEEN AFI GASTON
DOMESTIC VIOLENCE ABUSE
HELP & PREVENTION 4 ALL
NEWS That Matters - United States Sentencing Commission and RETROACTIVITY July 18, 2014
PRISONER'S PERSPECTIVE - Clemency Project 2014
The Virtual Site Seeing Tour Bus goes to....
Operating around the clock, seven days a week, confidential and free of cost, the National Domestic Violence Hotline provides lifesaving tools and immediate support to enable victims to find safety and live lives free of abuse. Callers to the hotline at 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) can expect highly trained experienced advocates to offer compassionate support, crisis intervention information and referral services in over 170 languages and much, much more.
In today's episode of GUC, I am delighted to welcome the president of the National Domestic Violence Hotline and the National Dating Abuse Hotline, Katie Ray-Jones.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (499 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (168 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (76 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (37 chatters)
- Yada (30 chatters)
- reactionariez (27 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (17 chatters)
- Straitway (16 chatters)
- thelordshour (14 chatters)
- Medium Renee Richards (13 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (11 chatters)
- Deliverance Today Pastor John Kyle (10 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (9 chatters)
- Native Trailblazers (9 chatters)
- ExpandingU RADIO (8 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (7 chatters)
- RFB Radio WOW (7 chatters)
- In Christ Alone Ministries (6 chatters)
- EPiphany The 4REALRADIONETWORK (5 chatters)
- Bellesprit (5 chatters)
- Destruindo Fortalezas (5 chatters)
- Omni Media Tribe Network (4 chatters)
- nXphase Records (3 chatters)
- Jay King Network (3 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (3 chatters)
- MCRMedia Marlins Country Radio (3 chatters)
- Amen Communications Network (3 chatters)
- Bill Murray (3 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (3 chatters)
- George Ramirez (3 chatters)
- The NTuned Show (3 chatters)
- Station IWDM (2 chatters)
- WWCRHost (2 chatters)
- The Captain0 (2 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (2 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (2 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (2 chatters)
- National Gridiron Network (2 chatters)
- Power Of The Harvest (2 chatters)
- Radio Kids0 (1 chatters)
- Michael Anthony Johnson (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- Grudge Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- History Guys (1 chatters)
- bridge to Humanity (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Autistic People (1 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (1 chatters)
- The Being Talk Radio Network (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (1 chatters)
- The Resistance United Radio (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)