SORT BY Relevancy
Just because the summer riding season is behind us doesn't mean you have to store the bike away just yet! In fact, the Fall colors and crisp, cool air brings many riders out for the first time. No matter what your reason for riding this time of year, the most importnat thing is to dress for the weather. Knowing how to layer up, and what clothing products best fit your needs is what we'll be chatting about on today's show. Drew Anderson, area rep for Pearl Izumi, an industry leader in athletic wear, will join us to discuss Pearl's Fall and winter clothing lineup and how to wear it all!
Are you one of those riders that aches to be on their bike year round? If so, then dessing for the weather is critical to being comfortable during your ride. Chip Ellison, from Pearl Izumi, will be giving us the lowdown on just how to dress right for any type of weather during those Fall and Winter months. Plus, the last Century Cycles Night Ride and winter maintenance classes.
Part of being a great bike company is not only selling great product, and having stellar customer service, but also taking an active role in your respective communities. Century Cycles' Bike to School program is one such example, and it has garnered national attention. Learn all about it with CC's own marketing director, Tracey Bradnan!
Most everyone is familiar with the Tour de France, but if you want to discuss a truly grueling cycling event, nothing tops the Race Across America. Last time, we talked to one of the founders of the race, but this time, we will be chatting with local Ohio racer, Mike McClintock, who just completed the 2014 RAAM in 11 days, 20 hrs! Hear his adventure first hand!
One of the most important parts of biking is...being comfortable. If you aren't comfortable, you ain't ridin'!! Consequently, getting fit to your bike can go a long way in making your day in the saddle much more enjoyable. Century Cycles is now happy to announce that we are set up to do professional fittings. Tom Wiseman, fit specialist at the Medina store, will fill us in on all the benefits of a bike fitting, so be sure to tune in!
Ever wonder what the most grueling, endurance based sporting event on the planet is? Most would say the Race Across Amercia, a 3,000 mile cycling event with no stages and no stops, just balls-to-the-wall racing from one end of the country to the other! Oh, and you have just over a week to complete it! Champions of the race complete it in 8-9 days. Do the math...that's a lot of time in the saddle with very little time for rest or sleep. Today, we'll be chatting with one of the founders of RAAM, and the first man to ever win the event, Lon Haldeman! But don't worry, for those who aren't up for that kind of challenge, we'll be sharing some fun local rides that you can tackle!
On today's show, we're going to go back in time a bit and talk about one of the first ever vehicles to be officially called a "bicycle", the Penny-Farthing. To help us out, we'll be chatting with Rich De Lombard, a local rider who has a particular love for these classic hi-wheelers. He is part of The Ohio Wheelmen organization and has put thousands of miles on his hi-wheeler all across the country, and even help to set a world record! Also, Century Cycles'; own Tracey Bradnan will join us to talk about some great Holiday sales and CC's own free winter maintenance classes!
Many of us know what it's like to cycle a century tour or charity ride, and in most cases you end up sleeping on gym floors or outside in the rain under a tent. I bet you would just love to be 'pampered' after multiple days on a bike, yes? Well, here are two guys trying to make that happen. Rod Hutton and Joe Florian, hailing from the Columbus area, are co-creators of "Buckeye Country Roads" a new bicycle tour business that let's you live it up a bit while touring historic Ohio, and will be joining us this morning to give us a little insight into their new venture.
Many of us love to do stuff with our spouses, whether it be a movie, a nice dinner, a walk in the park...but how about cycling across the country? Well, we'll be chatting with a local couple that did just that! Hear the ups and downs of that experience as well as how they prepared for the big journey! And, as always, Century Cycles own Tracey Bradnan will help us round out 2012 with some fun cycling events and sales...so tune in at 10:30am on Tuesday, December 18th!
So, what do the invention of the airplane and a bicycle have in common? Try the Wright Brothers! To learn how and why, tune in at 10:30am when we will be talking with Mark Dues, a park guide at the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historical Park. Also, Tracey Bradnan from Century Cycles fills us in on late season rides and events around town!
If you're a big fan of the Cleveland Metroparks, whether it be walking, hiking, or biking along it's trails, then you'll enjoy our conversation with new Metroparks director, Brian Zimmerman. After only 2 1/2 years on the job, Brian has made a significant impact on the park system, specifically with the recent opening of the Royalview Mountain Bike Trail earlier this year. We'll talk a little about the creation of that trail, cycling the Metroparks in general, and plans for the future. And of course, Tracey Bradnan, Century Cycle's marketing director, fills us in on late season rides, summer clearance sales, and other biking activities around town!
Join Host Live Chats
- John Baptist (39 chatters)
- Straitway (29 chatters)
- Blueshirt Underground (22 chatters)
- Monster X Radio1 (20 chatters)
- Viviendo con los Angeles (19 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (13 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (12 chatters)
- Seed Dropper Nation (11 chatters)
- RequestFreeProphecyXcom (10 chatters)
- Lets talkXGod is not Religious (10 chatters)
- AnaMRueda (9 chatters)
- Pine Ridge Warriors (8 chatters)
- Writestream Radio Network (8 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (7 chatters)
- G Konsciousness Radio (6 chatters)
- Well Armed Radio (6 chatters)
- Type1RadioAshram (5 chatters)
- Mystical Awakenings Radio (5 chatters)
- Marlin Family Live (5 chatters)
- When Christians Speak (4 chatters)
- Witch School (4 chatters)
- The Invisible College Radio (4 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (4 chatters)
- TJ Morris ET Radio (3 chatters)
- Four Elements United (3 chatters)
- Papa CE (3 chatters)
- Paranormal Frequencies (3 chatters)
- Life Conversations (3 chatters)
- Local Live Music (3 chatters)
- Gecko Nation Radio (3 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (3 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (2 chatters)
- African On The Move (2 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (2 chatters)
- BBQSuperStars (2 chatters)
- LetsGoKings (2 chatters)
- Judge Neil (2 chatters)
- ParaTruth Radio (2 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (2 chatters)
- onCUE Radio Show (2 chatters)
- OPWR (2 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (2 chatters)
- thelordshour (1 chatters)
- Spirit Of A Dove Entrepreneurs (1 chatters)
- The Biblical Hebrew (1 chatters)
- The George Wilder Jr Show (1 chatters)
- Darryl James (1 chatters)
- Louis Teverini and Freddy Doll (1 chatters)
- Bill Murray (1 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (1 chatters)
- Awakened Nation (1 chatters)
- Dr Mara Karpel Your Golden Years (1 chatters)
- Dynamic Daphne (1 chatters)
- Everything Kathy B (1 chatters)
- GRAYMAN (1 chatters)
- JADE Radio Network (1 chatters)
- vortexnetworknews (0 chatters)