SORT BY Relevancy
Meet two power packing Mom's Tricia Goyer and Kerri Pomarolli on today's show!
MOMS’ NIGHT OUT by Tricia Goyer is a novelization of the hilarious family comedy that celebrates real family life—where everything can go wrong and still turn out all right. Tricia Goyer is the award-winning author of more than forty books, drawn from her experiences as a teen mother and leading voice of hope for women in today’s generation. Tricia has been married for more than twenty years and is the mother of six children. For more information, visit TriciaGoyer.com.
Called Hollywood’s “God Girl,” Kerri Pomarolli is an accomplished actress, comedian, published author, Christian speaker and veteran of television—with credits that include 29 appearances on The Tonight Show and Comedy Central.
Inspired by the endearing, true-to-life movie Moms’ Night Out, comedian Kerri Pomarolli has created a light, yet inspiring devotional that will definitely make you laugh, but will also help you discover that you are not alone.
Whether you’re running full-speed-ahead or disappointed that it’s Monday (again), you’ll find joy in these devotions where Kerri shares hilarious stories and insights on daily life. Messy homes, messy kids, lost pets, never ending casseroles, forgetful husbands, and the desire to just take a long bath… There’s never a bad time for a good laugh, and as a Mom, you need a MOMS’ NIGHT OUT. For more information, visit KerriPom.com.
Kerri Pomarolli starts the show off at 10.30AMEST and Anne Baxter Campbell joins in at 11AMEST to take the show home! Here is abit more on each author:
As a Mom, couldn’t you use a good laugh?
Inspired by the endearing, true-to-life movie MOMS’ NIGHT OUT, comedian Kerri Pomarolli has created this light, yet inspiring devotional that will definitely make you laugh, but will also help you discover that indeed you are not alone, and that God’s gracious provision of love and faithfulness is at work in your life and of your loved ones.
Whether you’re running full-speed-ahead or disappointed that it’s Monday (again), you’ll find joy in these devotions where Kerri shares hilarious stories and insights on daily life. Messy homes, messy kids, lost pets, never ending casseroles, forgetful husbands, and the desire to just take a long bath… This world can be a funny place, and these stories are bound to prove it. Read a devotion to brighten your morning, or catch a few words to make you smile before bed. There’s never a bad time for a good laugh, and as a Mom, you need a Moms' Night Out and Other Things I Miss: Devotions To Help You Survive.
Anne Baxter Campbell:Anne Baxter Campbell is a writer with a deep love of God, family, and friends. She also has an overwhelming fascination with the Bible and biblical history that would surprise her history teachers who could tell this girl wasn't exactly enthused about anything other than the present. Add to that a basically romantic bent, and there you go.
While many people cook because of obligations, sometimes cooking can become an esoteric process just like writing, exercise or meditation. If you believe you are a bad cook, maybe you just haven't allowed yourself the freedom to use your kitchen to your advantage. Think back to a time when you had the freedom to create something without constraints and how good it felt. Instead of looking at your kitchen activities as obligations how about seeing it as the lab of yoru Mad Chef-tist self!
While working oh my graduate studies there were times I felt uncertain of my abilities and cooking helped me to feel more confident about me. I began to see cooking as a lovely reprieve from the rest of my life, but only when I was in control of the choices. If you always cook the same thing every week, maybe it's time to bust free of your mind-numbing habits.
Try making old time traditional foods that most people do not make from scratch anymore without fancy appliances etc. Attempt recipes that poeple may consider difficult, just be sure not to attach to the outcome--don't worry how it looks or works out the first time you do it. Here are some suggestions:
Pie from scratch (including the crust)
Take some time to look through recipe books or recipes online and make a date with yourself to try soemthing new!
Today we have special guest Nina M. who will share with us many cooking tips and some wonderful recipes. She has catered affairs and delighted people for years! She can answer many of your cooking questions too!
Bring your imagination and let's cook some vittles
When & why I started meal planning
Used to work in theatre during university and had limited availability during the weekdays and nights
Was tired of eating rubbish when I got home late at night from work
Fast food (even healthy salads and sandwiches) were expensive
When living alone, or cooking for one, organisation is important. If you make things in bulk and freeze them then it’s cheaper and there is less wastage
How to put together a plan
Before you start with your meal plan, it really helps to sit down and check when you or your family have busy days/evenings, as this will help determine what you will be cooking or if you even need to cook
Doing your first plan will take a little time as you’ve got to create your template and spend time finding recipes, but the more you do, the easier it gets
I start off in Excel using a template I’ve created. I have the days running vertically along the column on the left on the screen and the different meals running horizontally across the top (heading up each column)
E.g. it will read Monday – Breakfast, Morning Snack, Lunch, Afternoon Snack, Dinner
I then start to fill in the meals for each day. On busy days, I’ll either have leftovers from earlier on in the week (things like chilli or casseroles tend to make 4 portions) or do something quick and easy like a stir fry. On days when I have more time, I’ll do something a little more adventurous and time consuming
I use a combination of tried and tested healthy recipes and seek inspiration from cookery books, blogs and websites
Usually I have the same thing for a couple of meals so remember you don’t have to cook something new every day!
It isn't easy constantly trying to be exciting and interesting for your partner in life. Some days, you just want to wear old flannel PJs or perhaps you don't feel like brushing your teeth before bed and would rather curl up with a book or professional wrestling than with your spouse. Some days in a relationship are comfortable boring, and slightly gross, like tuna noodle casserole, which The Lady will be serving to Larry this evening. Tune-in as the sparks don't fly.
Hungarians are especially passionate about their meat stews, casseroles, steaks, roasted pork, beef, poultry, lamb or game. The mixing of different varieties of meat is a traditional feature of the Hungarian cuisine. Goulash, stuffed peppers, stuffed cabbages or Fatanyeros (Hungarian mixed grill on wooden platter) can combine beef and pork, and sometimes mutton. Goulash is a stew with more gravy or a soup using meat with bones, paprika, caraway, vegetables and potato or different tiny dumplings or pasta simmered along with the meat. Other famous Hungarian meat stews would be paprikas, a paprika stew, meat simmered in thick creamy paprika gravy and porkolt, a Hungarian stew with boneless meat (usually beef or pork), onion, and sweet paprika powder, both served with nokedli (small dumplings). In old fashioned dishes, fruits like plums and apricots are cooked with meat or in piquant sauces/stuffings for game, roasts and other cuts.
Photos: 1. Hungarian Gulyás made in Osaka, Japan, 2005, M Louis.2.Cubanelle Peppers. USDA photo by Bill Tarpenning. 3. Hortobagyi palacsinta – Hungarian filled pancake, Hortobagy-style, 2007, Themightyquill 4. Dobos cake at Gerbeaud Confectionery Budapest, Hungary, 2007, Savannah Grandfather. Featured Image: Magyar kenyer, Hungarian Bread, Takkk.
Part 3 of 3: Originally Aired January 13, 2013
Dianne Linderman reads from several news articles dealing with gun control and other issues facing America today.
Get Dianne's tips on using leftovers to make a casserole, and also – a new recipe to add to your collection – Chicken Tamale Casserole.
Find out more about Dianne Linderman on her website: http://www.everythingthatmattersradio.com/ and be sure to check out Dianne's cook book Everything That Matters in the Kitchen as well as the book series for entrepreneurial kids titled How to Become an Entrepreneurial Kid.
Sadly, this will be our final show. However we still want to brighten your holiday season with more food and wine ideas. Chill out with chilis to gladden the heart and warm the belly and the wines to go with them. Hearty soups and casseroles round out the choices for foods that can be fixed ahead of time to free you from the kitchen. Jane will also discuss her new radio program and Jim will talk about his new show: On the Road with the Southwestern Wine Guy. Be sure to tune in so you will know where we are heading.
Join Big Blend Magazine editors Nancy & Lisa, and guest co-host Eddie Maldonado, for Big Blend Radio. On 'The Success Express' Gerry Rose will discuss Business Coaches & Consultants. On 'Ultimate Living' Mee Tracy-McCormick 'Princess Know it All' will discuss Fall Fashions. On 'Eat, Drink & Be Merry' RB Quinn & Mindy Merrell - authors of 'Cheater BBQ', talk about Cheater Casseroles. Featured guests on 'Rants, Raves & Rock 'n Roll' include: Mike Dunmyer - Executive Director of Ocean Champions; musician John Chaffee; and cannabis activist Ed Forchion 'NJ Weedman'.
Welcome to Dresser After Dark - the place for authors & experts to spread their word hosted by Michael Ray Dresser and produced by Suzy Greenman.
Tonight we welcome these guests to our show:
Edie Weinstein: Author and speaker, talking with Michael Ray tonight about transforming the ordinary into the extraordinary; http://www.liveinjoy.org
Frank A. Koczwara: Author of "The CSQ3 Solution", http://www.csq3.com
Faith Durand: Author of "Not Your Mother's Casseroles" from the "Not Your Mother's" book series; http://www.notyourmotherscookbook.com www.Twitter.com/HCPDishes
Robert McMillan: Author of "Tell Me About Your God! Interviews with ordinary people revealing extraordinary personal thoughts on religion, spirituality, and the nature of existence"; http://www.tellmeaboutyourgod.com
Susan A. Marshall: Author of “How to Grow a Backbone: 10 Strategies for Gaining Power and Influence at Work”, creator of The Backbone Institute; http://www.ExecutiveAdvisorLLC.com http://www.Twitter.com/EXECADVISE http://www.Facebook.com/susan.a.marshall
Martin Lindstrom: Author of “Buy-ology: Truth and Lies About Why We Buy” and “Brand Sense: Sensory Secrets Behind the Stuff We Buy”, www.MartinLindstrom.com www.buyologyinc.com www.BrandSenseAgency.com
Ann Coyle: Co-author of “Undateable: 311 Things Guys Do That Guarantee They Won’t Be Dating Or Having Sex”, www.undateable.com
Don Teague: Co-author of “Saved By Her Enemy: An Iraqi Woman’s Journey From the Heart of War to the Heartland of America”, www.don-teague.com
Thank you for joining us tonight on Dresser After Dark! www.DresserAfterDark.com
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (498 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (121 chatters)
- John Baptist (89 chatters)
- in5d (67 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (39 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (36 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (25 chatters)
- DDP Radio (25 chatters)
- thelordshour (23 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (20 chatters)
- CRYPTOLOGIC (19 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (19 chatters)
- New Spirit Radio Show (18 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (15 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (14 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (14 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (14 chatters)
- AlimBey (13 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (12 chatters)
- Canadian Motocross Weekly (12 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (12 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (10 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (10 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (10 chatters)
- Odwirafo (10 chatters)
- canadianglen (9 chatters)
- dtm radio (9 chatters)
- Challenging the Rhetoric (9 chatters)
- Bamabird29 (8 chatters)
- Ohio Exopolitics (8 chatters)
- RAD1Radio (8 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (8 chatters)
- Tarhaka (8 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (7 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (7 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (7 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (7 chatters)
- Ms KiKi (6 chatters)
- Golden Rose Psychic Radio (6 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (5 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (5 chatters)
- 12kyle (4 chatters)
- Dart Head Mike (4 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (4 chatters)
- fairtax4ca (4 chatters)
- David and Wes (4 chatters)
- The Ron and Don Show (4 chatters)
- The Star Chamber (4 chatters)
- Yo Momma Black (4 chatters)
- sun752 (4 chatters)
- Seed Dropper Nation (3 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (3 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (3 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Radio (3 chatters)
- Matty Ps Radio Happy Hour (3 chatters)
- Prayer Warriors 365 (3 chatters)
- Cardboard Connection Radio (3 chatters)
- BadCulture Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Exit Babylon (2 chatters)
- Dirtyredz (2 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (2 chatters)
- Moorish Science Radio (2 chatters)
- Metaphysics and Awareness (2 chatters)
- KWOD Radio (2 chatters)
- Leslie Draper (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (2 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (2 chatters)
- WTLC Talk Radio0 (2 chatters)
- Xclusive Jamz Nation (2 chatters)
- The URC Show (2 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (2 chatters)
- The Captain0 (2 chatters)
- The DuCross Brothers (2 chatters)
- The Football Gurus (2 chatters)
- The Mirror Show (2 chatters)
- The RetroUnlim Network (1 chatters)
- The Annette Brent Show (1 chatters)
- Sister2Sistah Blog Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- SURN Host (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Pure Flow XChange (1 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (1 chatters)
- Variety Radio Online (1 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (1 chatters)
- Welcome to Docradio Network (1 chatters)
- Geezer Gamers Community Radio (1 chatters)
- LETS SPEAK (1 chatters)
- Liberal Dan Radio (1 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ and TIFF (1 chatters)
- Moxie Mind Body Life Coaching (1 chatters)
- NDB Media (1 chatters)
- Political T and T (1 chatters)
- Penny Entertainment (1 chatters)
- Opulent Network (1 chatters)
- Chicago Thunder (1 chatters)
- Dave in the City (1 chatters)
- Dragon vs Dragon (1 chatters)
- Feldman World Group (1 chatters)
- Bards Logic Political Talk (1 chatters)
- Be The Light Now (1 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (1 chatters)
- Apocalypse Nana (1 chatters)
- Bootch and Pat show with Bob (1 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (1 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (1 chatters)
- Bleed Blue Show (1 chatters)
- BOLD MOVERS RADIO NETWORK (0 chatters)
- Non Partisan Liberty For all (0 chatters)
- Top Star Hip Hop Radio (0 chatters)