SORT BY Relevancy
Hey! This is Mike OLi, I wanna fulfill your need to relax, unwind and shake away this busy day. I invite you to "visit for the experience" Smooth Caribbean Jazz, soulful R&B and, music from the Mother Land - Africa . . . how about Lite Rock, as well as a touch of kool modern Jazz. Looking forward too it.
Is Bogotá the new Harlem? Could be, if you ask Bonnie DeShong and Ja'Vonne Harley. “Each week we’re going to highlight a destination that’s rich in black history and we recently discovered that Columbia is one of those destinations,” say The Traveling Eye hosts. “Columbia has the Amazon, so there’s dense jungle, but there are also the coast lines, both the Pacific Ocean and the Carribbean Sea. They have great beaches and food and cultural diversity, including Africans who came over through slavery,” adds Bonnie. “Now, African history there certainly wasn’t the first thing that came to mind, but in 1992 there was an estimate that Afro-Columbians comprise up to 21 percent of the entire population in Columbia.”
Come and join "African On The Move" this Friday, May 2, 2014 at 10 PM, as we pay a tribute to AFRICAN LIBERATION DAY 2014 - May 17, 2014, Washington DC at the Festival Center, 1640 Columbia Road NW, Washington, DC, This program will discuss the current realities within the various African Communities worldwide and the theme: "Smash Neo-Colonialist intelligentsia: the True Face of the er Revolution". Call in at 323-679-0841. For information on this year ALD go to web-site: www.a-aprp-gc.org. The invited guests for this program are: Haki Kimaathi Muchoki - African Awareness Association, Banbose Shango & Anthony Williams - All-African People's Revolutionary Party (GC), Albert Jones - Carribbean-American Children Foundation, Paul Pumphery - Freinds of the Congo & Host, Brother Africa.
The Picktainment crew reviews Pirates of the Carribbean: On Stranger Tides and Midnight in Paris.
in Self Help
Join 'She' for 54 minutes to work on the inner self.
During this segment:
Creating a fluid movement to actualize the next. Quiet the mind and clear the mind. Connect to the heart center to restore balance and flow to your life.
Explore and Align with 'Self', Gaia, and Community. How to reconnect to Self, Soil and your Tribe?
Parables shared...Walk through a guided release experience/meditation. This will assist you in BEing...YOU!
Opening your heart center...the gateway to the universe.
Brent Lewis Caribbean Sea
Here II Here Nobody is a Victim
Om Mane Padme Hum Suzanne Sterling
Heart Sutra WAH!
Xavier Rudd Follow the SUN
Bare Naked Bliss
Le grand animateur Doudou Stevens Cissé nous parlera de ses nouvelles émissions à la télévision ACRTv ( African Caribbean Radio & Télévision) et des nombreux artistes qui seront présent pour des performances "AU CABARET DE LA SAINT VALENTIN" le vendredi 14 de la st Valentin et aussi de ses prochaines émissions tout les Vendredi à 21:00 h ( heure de New-York) Beaucoup de surprises et d'informations .........
Animé par Tbert Williams
Pour ecouter les emissions de Stevens Doudou Cisse apellez 8572320075 ou visitez www.acrtv.tv
Visitez Notre Sponsor Atlantique Network sur www.atlantiquenetwork.com restez en contact.
We're taking a break from holiday cheer and switching the channel to some tunes about life on the ocean, or at least just trying to get there.
When you're out on a boat, or watching boats from the shore, what music and other sounds to you like to hear? Or better yet, what are you willing to sing, hum, or otherwise perform on the air with us?
We invited Deborah Crooks and Kwame Copeland to join us, so there's more than just songs here. We also learned about how Kwame found the peace and happiness in a San Francisco Bay Folk Boat. And we got to listen to the debut of a brand new song by Deborah: "Springtime Come Early."
Then from the Carribbean, Rich Difede (Gold Coast Yachts) and friends told us about crystal clear waters and tropical weather, but declined to sing. Can't imagine why.
If you comment on this episode of It's My Boat radio, please leave a message (or a song!) on the It's My Boat webite for this show or send us an email.
Take a fascinating journey into moviemaking history with special effects guru Ed Kramer. Remember the droid factory and fiery lava planet in Star Wars II & III? How about the skittering scarab beetles in The Mummy? The Quidditch course in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets? The Kraken in Pirates of the Carribbean II? The Rock Monster in Galaxy Quest? The weather & dramatic ocean effects in Twister, Deep Impact and The Perfect Storm? The T-Rex in Jurassic Park II? The multiplying puppies in 101 Dalmations? And how about the mischievous monkeys in Jumanji?
All of these memorable movie experiences and many more are the work of visual effects expert Ed Kramer. A Senior Technical Director and Visual Effects Artist at Industrial Light and Magic for many years, Ed has been an integral part of making movie magic for some of the biggest blockbusters of all time, including being part of visual effects teams winning the visual effects Academy Award in 2006 (for Pirates of the Carribbean II) and being nominated for four others. He has also done a significant amount of work for television, including Stargate SG-I and he animated the Columbia Pictures Lady with a Torch logo.
Ed's presentations on the history of visual effects are fascinating, and he has worked with many of the industry's top directors. Ed is now a professor teaching the next generation of VFX artists and still actively works in the visual effects industry.
Frontier Beyond Fear music copyrighted by Grammy award winner Larry Seyer, www.larryseyer.com, included in this podcast with his permission.
Lilith Dorsey is an author and filmmaker with 3 books and a documentary about Voodoo and Afro-Carribbean religion.Her goal is to educate people,she has 2 books available on Amazon, and just started a new blog.
Lilith Dorsey M.A. , hails from many different magickal traditions, including Celtic, Afro-Caribbean, and Native American spirituality. Her traditional education focused on Plant Science, Anthropology, and Film at the University of R.I., New York University and the University of London, and her magickal training includes numerous initiations in Santeria, Vodoun, and New Orleans Voodoo . Lilith Dorsey has been practicing successful magick since 1991 for patrons of her business, Branwen's Pantry, and is editor/publisher of Oshun-African Magickal Quarterly.
She is also a filmmaker of the experimental documentary Bodies of Water :Voodoo Identity and Tranceformation, author of Voodoo and Afro-Caribbean Paganism, and recently choreographer for jazz legend Dr. John's "Night Tripper" Voodoo Show. She led her first ever Voodoo Zombie Silent Rave in July 2013, complete with Thriller flash mob.
Here are the sites
www.patheos.com/blogs/voodoouniverse www.facebook.com/groups/lilithdorsey www.youtube.com/lilithdorsey
Dr Marty sits down with “The country doctor with a city education,” that’s how Dr. Michael A. Smith’s many devoted fans describe him. Senior health scientist and online personality for Life Extension — the world’s leading organization dedicated to extending the healthy human life span.
Dr. Smith was a recurring guest in 2012 on The Suzanne Show with Suzanne Somers on the Lifetime Network, appeared on Gem of the Caribbean, a television show dedicated to disease prevention and is currently seen in several regional infomercials as an expert guest. He is also heard on numerous syndicated national health radio shows. He hosts Healthy Talk radio on www.RadioMD.com and is currently writing a book on the dietary supplement pyramid that is scheduled for publication late 2013.
Jacqueline Nwobu has a simple message for couples planning their honeymoon: forget the Carribbean. “We have a feature on our website call The Pearls of Africa that we started after our research showed a wealth of great honeymoon destinations there,” the Munaluchi Bridal magazine editor tells Nightly Candy Chat host Nana-Adwoa Ofori. “Now we’re out to change the perception of Africa, so when people think of the continent, they don’t automatically associate it with poverty and suffering. We want them to realize there’s surfing and blue water and beaches and skydiving. Any activity you can think of can be done over there.”
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (221 chatters)
- GATHERING OF CHRIST CHURCH (60 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (29 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (22 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (18 chatters)
- John Baptist (16 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (12 chatters)
- BeverlyD (11 chatters)
- Destruindo Fortalezas (11 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (10 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (9 chatters)
- LindaCrystal (9 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (6 chatters)
- Michael Tatlock (6 chatters)
- PwtorchEastCoastCast (6 chatters)
- UNdergroundCHURCH (6 chatters)
- thedean (5 chatters)
- Living Well Talk Radio (5 chatters)
- 63489 (5 chatters)
- CRYPTOLOGIC (5 chatters)
- HHIII and LeeCrowe (5 chatters)
- ILLUMINATION (5 chatters)
- Body of Christ (4 chatters)
- PonytailPatriot (4 chatters)
- Reiki Radio Station (4 chatters)
- Speed 77 Radio (4 chatters)
- Spoken Ink (4 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (4 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (4 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (4 chatters)
- TheInfiniteSupernaturalNetwork (3 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (3 chatters)
- TalkNAngels (3 chatters)
- Prayer Warriors 365 (3 chatters)
- LA Batchelor (3 chatters)
- AngelsTeachRadio (3 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Firefall Talk Radio (3 chatters)
- Barry Secrest (3 chatters)
- BBQSuperStars (3 chatters)
- Gettysburg Gerry (3 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Live (2 chatters)
- Aquaman (2 chatters)
- Allfaaraa Live (2 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (2 chatters)
- Dr Roger Conley (2 chatters)
- dtm radio (2 chatters)
- Larcher and Lorensen (2 chatters)
- JASmius (2 chatters)
- KNOTRadioTalk (2 chatters)
- The ANSWERS Show (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- NewMusicInferno (2 chatters)
- Salvation In Jesus Ministry (2 chatters)
- Seekers Intercessors Chamber (2 chatters)
- Sipping On Ink (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- Prophecy at the Midnight Hour (2 chatters)
- Thoughts of a Brother (2 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (2 chatters)
- WWCRHost (2 chatters)
- USA Emergency Broadcasting Network (1 chatters)
- Welcome to Proper Manors USA (1 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (1 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- The Hiphop Barbershop (1 chatters)
- The Sensuous Mystic Sex Spirit (1 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (1 chatters)
- Kerrie Wearing X Soul Coach (1 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ and TIFF (1 chatters)
- Prepping For The New World Order (1 chatters)
- MissingYouFoundation (1 chatters)
- My Old Catholic Radio (1 chatters)
- Mega Powers Radio (1 chatters)
- ExpandingU RADIO (1 chatters)
- Chaos Network (1 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (1 chatters)
- AgingYounger (1 chatters)
- AirAmarteifioRadio (1 chatters)
- Asylum Fantasy Football Podcast (1 chatters)
- Attention Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- INFINITY888 RADIO (1 chatters)
- IB Wise Raising The Roof Radio (1 chatters)
- Grizzly Bear Blues Live (1 chatters)
- George Ramirez (1 chatters)
- JackNewtown (0 chatters)
- Open Talk with Les Jackson (0 chatters)