SORT BY Relevancy
As a former caregiver to another adult and a single parent raising two young sons with autism, Michele-Marie Roberts understands the problems well; but after a particularly disastrous date, she decided to take matters into her own hands. The result is WAVELENGTH dating, http://wavelengthdating.com, a dating website that makes it easy for people like her to meet other singles on their same wavelength.
Michele-Marie will offer tips and suggestions to help you feel comfortable and confident as you date during your caregiving experience.
What's it like to face and manage decisions during caegiving? Trish, who cares for her brother, and Chris, who cares for his partner, join Denise for a discussion about decisions during caregiving. Trish and Chris both blog on CareGiving.com.
Trish also edits our CareGifters book series; our lastest book in the series is the recently-released Decisions. Trish and Chris also will discuss their contributions to the Decisions book.
Pew Research Center released a study last month that says about 39% of U. S. adults–up from 30% in 2010–care for an adult or child with significant health issues. In other words, two in every five individuals are family caregivers. I’ve been thinking about this number because I can’t quite get it to add up. Here’s why. If 39% of U.S. adults are family caregivers, why is caregiving still such a lonely and isolating experience?
Denise will discuss this question with her panel of family caregivers: ejourneys, who cares for her partner; Jane, who cares for her daughter; and Richard, who cares for his mome.
A family member with a chronic illness needs your care, which can mean your kids sometimes must wait. And, oh!, the guilt can really eat at you, so much so that you might be tempted to let your kids off the hook. But then you've got little monsters living with you.
How do you fight the guilt so caregiving doesn't affect parenting? G-J-, who cares for her husband while they raise their teen-ager, talks with Denise about keeping caregiving from affecting parenting.
Are you anxious about a relationship? Work? Raising your kids? Time in a day? Then you try to stop your anxious thoughts and that just creates a greater awareness of "worry." It is amazing how anxiety can control our lives and keep us from being all we can be on our journeys.
Join Sherry Pierce and Beth Brownlee, certified life coaches, as they discuss how to best Trust Your Journey through Anxiety. They look forward to your calls and working with you to provide some relief for the anxious moments in your life.
Join Host Live Chats
- Pagans Tonight Radio (21 chatters)
- reactionariez (21 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (16 chatters)
- Straitway (11 chatters)
- BITEradio me (10 chatters)
- In Christ Alone Ministries (10 chatters)
- Lou and Yana Pisano (7 chatters)
- TheRightSideofThings (7 chatters)
- Tribulation News (7 chatters)
- Prophetess Elect Theresa (5 chatters)
- Indy Showcase Radio (5 chatters)
- CSWF RADIO STAFF (5 chatters)
- Jay King Network (4 chatters)
- MVPRS (4 chatters)
- Cinema Royale (4 chatters)
- dburt aka Afronerd (3 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (3 chatters)
- ENC HS SPORTS (2 chatters)
- GoH Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Hogic Online Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Chef Cardinales Cooking Show (2 chatters)
- Moiko Records Radio (2 chatters)
- Da Madman Hour (2 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (2 chatters)
- vcubed (2 chatters)
- Survival Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (1 chatters)
- REAL TALK LIVE 216 (1 chatters)
- MKSPCG (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio1 (1 chatters)
- iCandiRadio (1 chatters)