SORT BY Relevancy
Nell Lake, author of "The Caregivers: A Support Group's Stories of Slow Loss, Courage, and Love," joins Denise to share about the inspiration for her book and her lessons learned. Nell spent two years attending a caregivers support group and following the caregivers and their family members in their daily lives. Before working on the book, Nell was a freelance magazine writer and the founding editor of the Nieman Narrative Digest at Harvard. She has also taught writing at Boston University and reported for public radio. She lives in Massachusetts with her husband and two sons.
Maria is: Fun, Creative, Inspiring, Passionate, Innovative, Honest, Sincere, Joyful, Engaging, Calming, Welcoming, Down to Earth, Playful, Interesting, Knowledgeable, & Motivational. Constantly combining all of her experience and intuition, she started creating inspirational classes to help people learn about themselves and live a life that brings them joy. She is very excited to be helping the 21 authors of the book she is putting together (Living Passionately: 21 People who Found their Purpose and How You Can Too) to publish their story's, that would otherwise not be told. These stories have the potential to inspire people around the world, since they are stories of overcoming homelessness, addiction, poverty, caregiving responsibilities, trauma, grief, cancer, opression, illness and uncertainty. Maria was the Keynote Speaker for the Spring Caregiver Conference in Kingston, NY earlier this year, an all day event created to provide family caregivers with inspiration and helpful resources.
Join Dave Nassaney, The Caregiver's Caregiver, author of numerous articles and books, speaker, life coach, and radio talk-show host for caregivers who are burned out, but his most important role is being a caregiver to his lovely wife, Charlene. His latest book that he is now working on is entitled: "The Caregiver's Caregiver, A Guide to Avoiding Burnout." It is designed to teach caregivers who are taking care of their loved ones (due to an illness or disability) how to take care of themselves FIRST. If they don't learn this, they will likely suffer burnout and become as helpless as the person they are caring for. Tune in every WEDNESDAY at NOON PST (Re-broadcasts Saturday at 3:30pm PST,) for interviews with experts in the caregiving field, as they discuss topics of great interest to caregivers, which will help them avoid burnout.
Joyce & Aaron interview Tryn Rose Seley on her new book, "15 Minutes of Fame/Empowering Caregivers of Those with Alzheimer's" and discussing strategies that can give family and professional caregivers ways to connect and bring life back to those they care for.
Joyce Joneschiet (Jonah-shite) Principal interior designer of Encore Living Interiors and Publisher of Encore Life Magazine hosts Encore Living Radio with her co-host Aaron D. Murphy, a licensed Architect, President of ADM Architecture and Managing Editor of EmpoweringTheMatureMind.com.
November 14, 2013: November is National Family Caregivers Month. According to the Caregiver Action Network, about 29% of the U.S. population will provide care for a chronically ill, disabled, or aged family member or friend during a given year, spending an average of 20 hours a week providing care.
In this episode, a home health physical therapist discusses the demanding role of a caregiver, and how, sometimes, the caregiver themself is in need of assistance. She offers tips on how to prepare for the role, and how to maintain health and happiness while providing care.
Subscribe to Move Forward Radio podcasts on iTunes.
To learn more about physical therapy, visit MoveForwardPT.com.
eCareDiary will speak to Carol Levine, Director at the United Hospital Fund’s Families and Health Care Project and author of "Living in the Land of Limbo", about new hospital discharge models, information and training for caregivers to help loved ones once they return home.
In this weeks episode, Mindfulness Practice for Caregivers we are excited to be joined by Kari Snowberg, currently directing the LEAF (Life Enhancing Activities for Family Careivers) Study at UCSF; and Marguerite Manteau-Rao, CEO and founder of the Presence Care Project.
What is mindfulness? It is a way to improve your mood or simply stop your thoughts, right? WRONG! These mindfulness trailblaizers, Kari & Marguerite help us dispel some of the misconceptions we've been taught about meditation - opening the doors to less stress and greater well-being for you. It is possible!
Tune in this Thursday, October 30th at 5 pm (PT) or 8 pm (ET) and listen to previous episodes here
Families are returning to work by necessity and may of them are some of the 43 million Americans who are also caring for an adult family member or friend. Along with trying to climb the corporate ladder, these people are dealing with family issues that squeeze them from both sides.
Many Employers are recognizing this and starting to offer caregiver support groups, caregiver seminars, flexible start and end schedules, and access to other local resources that can help.
Join Flex Hour Jobs as we discuss how flexibility in the workplace can work well for everyone involved.
October is Alzheimer's Awareness Month.
Tryn Rose Seley has had many titles, maybe just like you: a wife with a career as a professional musician and photographer. But her most unexpected and challenging role has been that of a caregiver for a love one with Alzheimer's and related dementias.
Sharing her lessons learned and passion to help those dealing with the same, Tryn empowers others facing the same challenge with Alzheimers and dementia, in her speaking, writing and coaching. She even created a phone App for caregivers!
"I have spent many years caring for people who are lost who become found again when a photo, song, or story is shared, re-visited, brought back to today’s moment. We laugh, we cry, we feel like ourselves again. Life is better with good stories to tell." Tryn
Connect with Deb at: http://www.DebScott.com
eCareDiary's caregiving expert, Margery Pabst will speak to Dr. Cary Presant, author of "Surviving American Medicine: How to Get the Right Doctor, Right Hospital, and Right Treatment with Today's Health Care" about warning signs for caregivers when it comes to issues related to care providers.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (498 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (65 chatters)
- SasquatchWatch Radio (25 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (22 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (21 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (19 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (19 chatters)
- Odwirafo (19 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (14 chatters)
- R3belutionRadioShow (14 chatters)
- Curious Times (13 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (10 chatters)
- Dead End Sports (10 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (10 chatters)
- Apocalypse Nana (9 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (9 chatters)
- WYMS Radio (8 chatters)
- Restoring Your Reality (7 chatters)
- Heroes 101 Radio (7 chatters)
- FCPT Tim Maile (6 chatters)
- in5d (6 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (6 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (6 chatters)
- Promoting Positive Art Expressions (5 chatters)
- Soul Empowerment Radio (5 chatters)
- Witch School (5 chatters)
- New Colony Network (5 chatters)
- Life Conversations (5 chatters)
- nwo truth radio media (4 chatters)
- JakeyandTheAce (4 chatters)
- Black Author Network (4 chatters)
- AACONS (4 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (4 chatters)
- SURN Host (4 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (3 chatters)
- Rated G Radio (3 chatters)
- Renegade Radio Network (3 chatters)
- 4 Shits n Giggles (3 chatters)
- G Konsciousness Radio (3 chatters)
- David Coney (3 chatters)
- InThePaint (3 chatters)
- Paranormal Horizons (3 chatters)
- MIKE MILLZ RADIO (3 chatters)
- HitMan Ministries (2 chatters)
- drinkfive (2 chatters)
- Get Lifted Radio (2 chatters)
- Brian Treybig (2 chatters)
- Chocolate Sity (2 chatters)
- Body of Christ (2 chatters)
- Stickman RADIO (2 chatters)
- Prophecy Quake (2 chatters)
- Quagmire America (2 chatters)
- Talk2Q (2 chatters)
- Zaiyahs House (2 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (2 chatters)
- The Will and Thunder Show (2 chatters)
- TJ Morris Treasure Show (2 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- The Larry Love Show (1 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (1 chatters)
- Higher Truth Radio (1 chatters)
- Jamie Roxx (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- NDB Media (1 chatters)