SORT BY Relevancy
Cindy Collins interviews Dr. Reese Patterson on Cancer Survivorship. Covered is the following:
What is Survivorship Personality of the Survivor Factors of Survivorship Self Image - a concept developed for survival by Reese Patterson. Acknowledgment of Memorial Sloan Kettering to Reese Patterson
3/23/2015 —In this episode, we talk with Young Adult Cancer Connection's Dakota Fisher-Vance (Co-Founder) and Rachel Wetzel (member) about the growing Philadelphia young adult cancer community — AND the first ever Cancervention Conference. Survivor Spotlight on ovarian cancer survivor, actorvist, writer, and founder of Bald Is Beautiful Sharon Blynn.
3/9/2015 —In this episode, we talk with Dr. Thomas Weber (President, Colon Cancer Challenge Foundation) and Katie Rich about the Colon Cancer Challenge Foundation and the first ever early age onset/young adult colorectal cancer summit. Survivor Spotlight on international motivational speaker and public health advocate Jessica Melore
More and more people each year are diagnosed, and living, and even thriving, with breast cancer. Each week, there will be a new discussion related to breast cancer. We will talk about everything from being newly diagnosed to what it's like to have metastatic disease, and there will be plenty of tips and tricks for making a successful life while really LIVING with breast cancer.
It’s October, otherwise known as “Pinktober”. As we enter Brest Cancer Awareness Month, join us as we welcome our friends Dr. Angela Wall (Communications Director) and Annie Sartor (Policy and Campaign Coordinator) from Brest Cancer Action, a national, feminist grassroots education and advocacy organization fighting to achieve health justice for all women at risk of and living with breast cancer. Survivor Spotlight on Seporah Raizer.
DoSomething.org runs hundreds of national cause campaigns to help young people make a tangible impact in their community. Any cause. Anytime. Anywhere. Join us a we welcome Mike Fantini(Head of Product) to discuss DoSomething's Give a Spit About Cancer campaign. An initiative that helps young people run cheek swabbing drives to get people in their community get signed up for the national bone marrow registry. Survivor Spotlight on Michael Saperstein.
"I had a choice: I could just be angry about it but do nothing about it except just focus on my own sense of loss. Or I could make the most of something bad by turning it into an opportunity to do something for other people. LIVESTRONG motivated me to choose the latter."
Two-time cancer survivor Alex Hohmann will talk about his fundraising for the LIVESTRONG Foundation and life after cancer.
Since his diagnosis, Alex has used social networking tools to connect with fellow cancer survivors, fundraise for various cancer charities, educate young men about testicular cancer, and advocate for cancer research and awareness.
Call-in # 1-347-850-8445
About our guest:
Alex Hohmann came to the United States from Brazil the first time when he was only two years old and settled permanently in this country thirty years ago just before starting college in Philadelphia, where he would go on to live for many years. He continued on to pursue graduate degrees in economics and in finance and currently works in the telecom industry. He was first diagnosed with cancer in 1996 and again in 2008, the second diagnosis prompting him to want to do more to support cancer causes. He has been living in New Jersey with his husband Sean since 2002 and spends his free time fundraising, running, gardening and complaining about rightwing politicians.
The "Cancer Insurance Checklist" is a real thing created collaboratively amongst dozens of advocacy groups. Join us as we welcome Linda House (Executive Vice President of External Affairs at Cancer Support Community) and Elizabeth Hoffler (Senior Director, Policy and Advocacy at Prevent Cancer Foundation) to talk about this groundbreaking resource. Survivor spotlight on Heather Swift.
Parenting while facing the challenge of cancer presents a litany of major issues and concerns, not the least of which is how to talk to your children. Join us tonight as we welcome parent/survivors Jen Singer, Adam Johnson and Francesca Giessmann to discuss this incredibly important issue. Survivor spotlight on Megan Hildebrandt.
It’s important to recognize that sleep is an absolutely crucial component of strengthening your immune system and needs to be part of your cancer treatment plan. Listen as we dig back into the archives and Dr. Ken Weizer discusses sleep and how to get enough rest when on the cancer journey.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (457 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (28 chatters)
- thelordshour (28 chatters)
- Curious Times (18 chatters)
- The Pet Psychic (16 chatters)
- Nite Callers Bigfoot Radio (14 chatters)
- Alan Roger Currie (12 chatters)
- Healing Light Radio (12 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (8 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (8 chatters)
- Ra Sekhi Radio (8 chatters)
- Phone Fantasy Radio (7 chatters)
- HOV Radio (7 chatters)
- drkate (7 chatters)
- SURN Host (6 chatters)
- Universal Radio (6 chatters)
- The Rad Reality Show (5 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (5 chatters)
- Elovation Radio (5 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (4 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (4 chatters)
- Political Justice (4 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (3 chatters)
- LetsGoKings (3 chatters)
- Ascended Masters and Angels (3 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (3 chatters)
- The Lotus Place (3 chatters)
- World Alliance Radio Network (2 chatters)
- God In The Midst (2 chatters)
- Hot Topics Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (2 chatters)
- Apostolically Speaking (2 chatters)
- Ed Boston Podcast (2 chatters)
- The Crystal Show (2 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (2 chatters)
- Sports Smack Down Network (2 chatters)
- SupaFi64 (2 chatters)
- Rated G Radio (1 chatters)
- King Jordan TALK SHOW (1 chatters)
- LETS TALK URBAN (1 chatters)
- The Lisa Affect (1 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (1 chatters)
- Evelyn Derry Ministries (0 chatters)