SORT BY Relevancy
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and while we know that relationships can be difficult at times what happens when a diagnosis such as breast cancer is put into the mix? Today we’ll talk to women who have gone through the ordeal and get their views on how their womanhood and relationships were affected.
It's understandable that sexuality may not be the primary focus for many cancer patients, at least not right away. Sexuality is an incredibly personal topic, and each person's experiences, feelings, and expectations are unique. But at some point, whether because of sexual changes, relationship issues, or difficulties with fertility, patients realize the impact of cancer on their sexuality. By learning about how your sexuality is likely to change and getting suggestions for healing, you become a partner and advocate in your own care.
Young women CAN and DO get breast cancer. Join us as we welcome the leadership from Young Survival Coalition (Jennifer Merschdorf, CEO and Stacey Lewis, Chief Program Officer and Deputy Chief Executive) to talk about what's being done to address this healthcare disparity and meet the underserved needs of this population. Breast cancer survivor (and former Stupid Cancer Show co-host) Lisa Bernhard in the survivor spotlight!
Join ‘Stories for Life’ host Dr. Ken Weizer and his guest Ken from Santa Barbara, California. Ken was originally diagnosed with cancer the first time 13 years ago. Ken was cancer free for a number of years before being diagnosed with melanoma, and then head and neck cancer. Ken states that we all get gifts from going through cancer. Cancer is different from other illnesses.” He explains to Dr. Weizer how he was significantly “smarter,” and more intelligent since cancer. Ken is all in with this journey called cancer. He has a totally different outlook and his personality is different now. Ken said to Dr. Weizer, “we all receive different gifts, you just may not know what yours will be yet.”
Join Mark and Leanne Ernster owner of Celebrate Nutrition, a health coach and certified trainer, as they discuss how healthy eating habits and good nutrition can help patients deal with the effects of cancer and its treatment. Some cancer treatments work better when the patient is well nourished and gets enough calories and protein in the diet. Patients who are well nourished may have a better prognosis (chance of recovery) and quality of life.
Dr. Francisco Contreras and Daniel Kennedy, MC join Cancer Peace Radio host Mark Burright on “50 Critical Cancer Answers.” Dr. Contreras is an integrative surgical oncologist and Daniel Kennedy is a psycho-oncology counselor. Both work at Oasis of Hope Cancer Hospital, which has treated more than 100,000 patients, and just celebrated their 50th anniversary. This exclusive interview will highlight the importance of empowering patients and families to create a positive approach to fighting cancer rather than relying solely on passive, traditional treatments, or rehashing ineffective and toxic drugs. They will also discuss current treatments, alternative medicine, and futuristic therapies, including cell specific targeted therapies.
Join us as we welcome the oncology rock stars behind the /take a deep breath/ Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center of Northwestern University’s comprehensive follow-up STAR Program for adult survivors of childhood cancer. Karen Kinahan, RN (Clinical Nurse Specialist), Kristin Smith (Fertility Preservation Patient Navigator) and long-term survivor Colleen Cira will talk about life beyond childhood cancer and progress being made to serve the more than 350,000 Americans in that space. Survivor spotlight on young adult colon cancer survivor, blogger and healthcare activist Michelle Whitehead-Hastings.
Dan Self, prostrate cancer survivor and his 9 year old daughter Bella interview Dr. Ken about fear after cancer diagnosis and during the cancer journey. This is a very insightful interview that we would recommend to anyone experiencing cancer as a patient, caregiver or family member. Don't miss this incredible show.
Cancer is so prevalent in the everyday news cycle. Do we grow immune? How has the media helped to shape the cancer narrative and what role does industry, journalists and the every day survivor play in being a voice for change? Join us as we welcome Allison Arden (Publisher, Ad Age & Author, The Book of Doing) and survivor Adam Baer (writer, humorist, musician) for a conversation around this very issue. Survivor spotlight in Matt Klein( Director, Biz Dev at Elite Marketing Group)
Jealousy is a universal emotion that one has experienced at one point in time. It has been part of the human psyche from the beginning of co habitation. How we react and deal with this emotion dictates the way one processes and builds from it in relationships. Hot topic for Thursday's show @10 am ET
Could Milk Cause Prostate Cancer? Research Says Yes! Have you been diagnosed with prostate cancer?
Or has your loved one been diagnosed with prostate cancer?
Have you considered the possibility that your diet may be one of the causes of this diagnosis?
The fact is that prostate cancer is still the #1 cancer impacting the men in our lives. And there's a substantial amount of research that suggests a very strong link between milk in the diet and the development of prostate cancer.
Get the scoop on prostate cancer and milk on this week's Kick Cancer In The Can™ Weekly Quick Tip. You'll also get simple steps to protect yourself - or to overcome prostate cancer if you've already been diagnosed.
Correction: In the Physician's Health Study I stated that 1 and 1/2 servings of dairy products daily increased the risk of prostate cancer by 34%. It is actually 2 and 1/2 servings daily.
After you've listened to this quick tip, we'd love you to drop on over to our facebook page (www.facebook.com/KickCancerInTheCan), LIKE the page - and then comment on your take-away from the podcast. What change will you make in your diet? Or will you?
To ensure that you never miss a quick tip, subscribe to the tips on iTunes at: http://bit.ly/KCITCquicktips. And make sure you rate the podcasts, and leave a comment. Tel us what you like about the quick tps?
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (499 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (189 chatters)
- 5D Media Network (92 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (56 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (51 chatters)
- KDCL Media (22 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (14 chatters)
- PatriotResistance (13 chatters)
- Stupid Cancer Show (13 chatters)
- Tarhaka (12 chatters)
- Inner Child Radio (12 chatters)
- Omega Man (11 chatters)
- Puter Shack (11 chatters)
- HOV Radio (10 chatters)
- Army Wife Network (10 chatters)
- cathies DistantEchos (10 chatters)
- Discovering The Truth w Dan Duval (9 chatters)
- Conservative Nation Radio (9 chatters)
- dtm radio (9 chatters)
- FRNARadio (9 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (8 chatters)
- Supernatural Radio (8 chatters)
- Spirit Medium Laura (8 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (8 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (7 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CrsRadio (7 chatters)
- BioXIndividualized Medicine (6 chatters)
- Kraze Radio (5 chatters)
- Bill Murray (4 chatters)
- bapnation (4 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (4 chatters)
- We Built That Network (4 chatters)
- Sandra Booker (4 chatters)
- MCR Media Sports Talk Radio (4 chatters)
- MKSPCG (3 chatters)
- New Beginning Outreach M I (3 chatters)
- Time For A Awakening (3 chatters)
- Straitway (3 chatters)
- Paranormal Mayhem Zone (3 chatters)
- The Power Play Network (3 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (3 chatters)
- Harvest Time Alert (3 chatters)
- Get It Together Girl (2 chatters)
- LadiesTellAll (2 chatters)
- Become The Source (2 chatters)
- BOLD MOVERS RADIO NETWORK (2 chatters)
- carsonscorner (2 chatters)
- Divine Plan of the Ages Talk Show (2 chatters)
- DONNELL BALLARD BLOG (2 chatters)
- DOT COM RADIO1 (2 chatters)
- thebuttterflyeffect (2 chatters)
- Timothy Burns (2 chatters)
- Moorish Kemetic Radio (2 chatters)
- SarahandSophia (2 chatters)
- SmartMarkRadio (2 chatters)
- SpinSyndicate Radio (2 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (1 chatters)
- My Little Pony Talk (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- onlinewithandrea (1 chatters)
- VertiKal Bistro (1 chatters)
- Wellness Smart Radio (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Bull Riding Rodeo Connection (1 chatters)
- BlazinRy Radio (1 chatters)
- American Statesman (1 chatters)
- Kawakab (1 chatters)
- Inspire Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Janet M Taylor (1 chatters)
- HME Radio (1 chatters)
- Holy Tents of Marduk (1 chatters)