SORT BY Relevancy
Congratulations, you’re now done with cancer treatment. Now what? You’re done and everything is now back to normal, right? No, it is not over. There is a lot to deal with after treatment. In this first installment of a five part series, Help4Cancer.net CEO and Founder Mark Burright talks about medical care after cancer treatment. Join him as he is back in the studio to talk about follow-up care and things that you should do once you have finished treatment.
Join us for an exclusive broadcast shining a light on the Ralph Lauren Center for Cancer Care and Prevention right here in NYC. We'll be speaking with Dr. Gina Villani (CEO/Medical Director), Marci Brenholz (Director of Development) and AYA patient Danny Jimenez. Survivor spotlight on Tamika Phillips.
It’s understandable that sexuality may not be the primary focus for many cancer patients, at least not right away. Sexuality is an incredibly personal topic, and each person’s experiences, feelings, and expectations are unique. But at some point, whether because of sexual changes, relationship issues, or difficulties with fertility, patients realize the impact of cancer on their sexuality.
By learning about how your sexuality is likely to change and getting suggestions for healing, you become a partner and advocate in your own care.
Parenting while facing the challenge of cancer presents a litany of major issues and concerns, not the least of which is how to talk to your children. Join us tonight as we welcome parent/survivors Jen Singer, Adam Johnson and Francesca Giessmann to discuss this incredibly important issue. Survivor spotlight on Megan Hildebrandt.
Finding happiness can be difficult when you’re going through a traumatic life event like cancer. Dr. Ken Wiezer talks about finding that happiness in the little things by just being creative. You must be creative in the way you look at the world around you and your life. Join Dr. Weizer as he shares his thoughts with us about how to live happy.
Dr. Ken Weizer recently wrote called ‘Cancer for Introverts.’ Over the years, he has noticed cancer causes many to become introverts. He believes that this introversion has positive and negative effects. Listen as Dr. Weizer shares his thoughts with us in this thought-provoking episode of Stories for Life.
"Although your treatment has ended, you are still coping with how it affects your body." In this second part of our current series, Mark Burright talks about fatigue and pain as it is related to the cancer journey after treatment. He'll give some suggestions about how to deal with these effects and things to discuss with your primary care provider. Join us for the next installment of this great series.
Join for this throwback Thursday episode of Stories for Life as Dr. Ken Weizer and Prostate Cancer Survivor Dan Self discuss the importance of working hard through the cancer journey. Sometimes, there’s not a better way. Sometimes, there’s only the hard way when you are experiencing the cancer dance first hand.
The chief complaint of cancer patients to their doctors is fatigue. In this world of technology, we have so much help with all from all sorts of machines. Dr. Ken Weizer shares with us his thoughts on the cause of fatigue in our lives – “the Terrible Toos.” (No, we are not talking about toddlers.) But Dr. Ken gives us his solution as well – ‘the Wonderful Ones.” What does he mean? Listen in to Dr. Ken’s discussion to find out.
Lung cancer is one of the most common cancers in the United States. Most of those with lung cancer are non-smokers. In fact, eight out of ten lung cancer patient have never smoked. In this episode, we revisit a previous interview in which Mark Burright was joined by Jessica Steinberg and Barb Ferguson, who consider themselves the “Dynamic Duo.” Both are surviving and thriving with stage IV non-small-cell lung cancer. Listen to this amazing and fun interview as they share their stories with Mark and talk about lung cancer and other things.
Visit Jessica’s Blog ‘Chemo-sabe: Lesson from a Cancer-Fighting Momma Bear’ here:http://chemo-sabe.com
“Just as cancer treatment affects your physical health, it affects the way you feel, think, and the way you do things around you.” The mental and emotional effects that come after treatment can be devastating. Listen as Mark Burright discusses these effects and provides some tips for facing them. Join us for the third installment of our Care After Treatment series.
Join Host Live Chats
- Talk Real Solutions (47 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (26 chatters)
- Curious Times (25 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (15 chatters)
- Cardboard Connection Radio (11 chatters)
- Ms KiKi (9 chatters)
- Love Productions (9 chatters)
- JUDGEMENT TIME (7 chatters)
- AGHOST Radio Network (7 chatters)
- Dave in the City (6 chatters)
- TheGod720 (6 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (5 chatters)
- The Savage and Starbuck Show (5 chatters)
- Bards Logic Political Talk (5 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (4 chatters)
- SURN Host (4 chatters)
- Unseen World (4 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (3 chatters)
- Brian Treybig (3 chatters)
- Bar Room Atheist (3 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (3 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (3 chatters)
- Mystery Babylon News Radio (3 chatters)
- Mystic Light and Shadows (3 chatters)
- Prophetess E Bynum Ministries (3 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (2 chatters)
- Shriek Speak Radio (2 chatters)
- Nuts And Bolts Sports (2 chatters)
- Stu The Wine Guru (2 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (2 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (2 chatters)
- Harold Sutton (2 chatters)
- Be The Light Now (2 chatters)
- Universal Radio (2 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (2 chatters)
- Talk2Q (2 chatters)
- The Duke Machado Show (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- Theresa Chaze (1 chatters)
- underground talk (1 chatters)
- WBDN Media (1 chatters)
- Bigbagstudios (1 chatters)
- Anne Angelheart (1 chatters)
- ArtSees Diner Radio (1 chatters)
- Ivie League Prod (1 chatters)
- Cassandra McDonald (1 chatters)
- Elavase (1 chatters)
- KBLU RadioNetwork (1 chatters)
- NathanWalters95 (1 chatters)
- Mormon Vegetarian (1 chatters)
- mrmakeithappen (1 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (1 chatters)