SORT BY Relevancy
SURVIVOR SPOTLIGHT ANNA BROWER Young Adult Survivor, Hodgkin's Lymphoma Chair, iy NYC/Metro Chapter DAVE SMITH Young Adult Cancer Advocate CEO, Special Love, Inc. GEOFF EATON 2x Young Adult Survivor, Acute Myeloid Leukemia Founder, Executive Director Young Adult Cancer Canada
It's understandable that sexuality may not be the primary focus for many cancer patients, at least not right away. Sexuality is an incredibly personal topic, and each person's experiences, feelings, and expectations are unique. But at some point, whether because of sexual changes, relationship issues, or difficulties with fertility, patients realize the impact of cancer on their sexuality. By learning about how your sexuality is likely to change and getting suggestions for healing, you become a partner and advocate in your own care.
Young women CAN and DO get breast cancer. Join us as we welcome the leadership from Young Survival Coalition (Jennifer Merschdorf, CEO and Stacey Lewis, Chief Program Officer and Deputy Chief Executive) to talk about what's being done to address this healthcare disparity and meet the underserved needs of this population. Breast cancer survivor (and former Stupid Cancer Show co-host) Lisa Bernhard in the survivor spotlight!
Join ‘Stories for Life’ host Dr. Ken Weizer and his guest Ken from Santa Barbara, California. Ken was originally diagnosed with cancer the first time 13 years ago. Ken was cancer free for a number of years before being diagnosed with melanoma, and then head and neck cancer. Ken states that we all get gifts from going through cancer. Cancer is different from other illnesses.” He explains to Dr. Weizer how he was significantly “smarter,” and more intelligent since cancer. Ken is all in with this journey called cancer. He has a totally different outlook and his personality is different now. Ken said to Dr. Weizer, “we all receive different gifts, you just may not know what yours will be yet.”
Join Mark and Leanne Ernster owner of Celebrate Nutrition, a health coach and certified trainer, as they discuss how healthy eating habits and good nutrition can help patients deal with the effects of cancer and its treatment. Some cancer treatments work better when the patient is well nourished and gets enough calories and protein in the diet. Patients who are well nourished may have a better prognosis (chance of recovery) and quality of life.
Join us as we welcome the oncology rock stars behind the /take a deep breath/ Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center of Northwestern University’s comprehensive follow-up STAR Program for adult survivors of childhood cancer. Karen Kinahan, RN (Clinical Nurse Specialist), Kristin Smith (Fertility Preservation Patient Navigator) and long-term survivor Colleen Cira will talk about life beyond childhood cancer and progress being made to serve the more than 350,000 Americans in that space. Survivor spotlight on young adult colon cancer survivor, blogger and healthcare activist Michelle Whitehead-Hastings.
Dr. Francisco Contreras and Daniel Kennedy, MC join Cancer Peace Radio host Mark Burright on “50 Critical Cancer Answers.” Dr. Contreras is an integrative surgical oncologist and Daniel Kennedy is a psycho-oncology counselor. Both work at Oasis of Hope Cancer Hospital, which has treated more than 100,000 patients, and just celebrated their 50th anniversary. This exclusive interview will highlight the importance of empowering patients and families to create a positive approach to fighting cancer rather than relying solely on passive, traditional treatments, or rehashing ineffective and toxic drugs. They will also discuss current treatments, alternative medicine, and futuristic therapies, including cell specific targeted therapies.
Dan Self, prostrate cancer survivor and his 9 year old daughter Bella interview Dr. Ken about fear after cancer diagnosis and during the cancer journey. This is a very insightful interview that we would recommend to anyone experiencing cancer as a patient, caregiver or family member. Don't miss this incredible show.
Ionized Alkaline Water: Do We Need It To Prevent Or Overcome Cancer - And/Or Simply To Get And Stay Healthy? I get at least 5 questions a week asking about alkaline water, and in specific, ionized alkaline water. So I realized that I had to get off the fence and share my perspective, based on more than 5 decades of global travel and research. As well as living with many healthy, long living cultures along the way. You may be very surprised by my answer to this question.
You know how we're always told to follow and copy the people who have what we want and don't have? Usually we're referring to business-related situations and goals. But this philosophy can most definitely be applied to health. On tonight's Kick Cancer In The Can™ Weekly Quick Tip, I challenge you to really examine the habits and practices of the Blue Zone Centenarians...and just do what they are doing! Lots of great info packed into less than 10 minutes!
Your input, comments, questions, and suggestions are what make these podcasts possible. Without you, they would not exist. So remember to drop on over to our dedicated Facebook page at: http://www.facebook.com/KickCancerInTheCan, LIKE the page and add your valuable comments and questions.
And to insure that you never miss a weekly quick tip, just head over to http://bit.ly/KCITCExpertSeries and Subscribe, then rate the shows, add a comment, and share the podcasts with everyone you love. Thanks so much!
Cancer is so prevalent in the everyday news cycle. Do we grow immune? How has the media helped to shape the cancer narrative and what role does industry, journalists and the every day survivor play in being a voice for change? Join us as we welcome Allison Arden (Publisher, Ad Age & Author, The Book of Doing) and survivor Adam Baer (writer, humorist, musician) for a conversation around this very issue. Survivor spotlight in Matt Klein( Director, Biz Dev at Elite Marketing Group)
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (123 chatters)
- New Colony Network (29 chatters)
- Straitway (25 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (25 chatters)
- reactionariez (24 chatters)
- Revelation News Radio (20 chatters)
- thelordshour (20 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (19 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (16 chatters)
- ExpandingU RADIO (16 chatters)
- TheAllfactsShow (15 chatters)
- SoapTalk Lets Dish (15 chatters)
- Sounding Off with Tank and Tony (13 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (13 chatters)
- johncinque (12 chatters)
- 62196 (11 chatters)
- Christian Farm and Homestead (10 chatters)
- The Missing and Exploited (10 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (9 chatters)
- Rev Dr Catherine M Gross (9 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (8 chatters)
- The Lotus Place (8 chatters)
- Black Whole Radio (7 chatters)
- Bellesprit (7 chatters)
- Bill Murray (6 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (6 chatters)
- STATE OF MENTELL RADIO (5 chatters)
- EPiphany The 4REALRADIONETWORK (5 chatters)
- Libertys Thunder (5 chatters)
- HOV Radio (5 chatters)
- Radio PI (4 chatters)
- The Paranormal and The Sacred (4 chatters)
- We Built That Network (3 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (3 chatters)
- pHixYourHealth (3 chatters)
- Nation Building Movement (3 chatters)
- Susan Puzio (3 chatters)
- Hogic Online Radio Show (3 chatters)
- CrsRadio The Knowledge Station (3 chatters)
- Big Body Broadcasting (3 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (2 chatters)
- AirAmarteifioRadio (2 chatters)
- Andrew Aloha (2 chatters)
- AVERadioNetwork (2 chatters)
- DVAS 2 RADIO (2 chatters)
- JimmyWilliamson (2 chatters)
- MKSPCG (2 chatters)
- Mystic Light and Shadows (2 chatters)
- LargeInCharge Radio (2 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (2 chatters)
- Red vs Blue (2 chatters)
- UNDAWIRRLDRADIO (2 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (2 chatters)
- THE WATCHMEN ON THE WALL (2 chatters)
- TJMorrisETradio (2 chatters)
- Truth Emerges (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- Sports on Tap (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- HME Radio (1 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (1 chatters)
- JiggyBox Radio (1 chatters)
- KeyWestGrind (1 chatters)
- Chicago Girlfriends (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Conservative Nation Radio (1 chatters)