SORT BY Relevancy
Going away to college is a time in a young persons' life that should be about discovery, learning, and making lifelong friends. However, as parents send their children away from home, some for the very first time, there is even more to be anxious about, especially their safety on campus.
According to the Justice Department, "1 in 5 women will be a victim of rape or attempted rape." When these incidents occur on campus property they are in the jurisdiction of campus police, and many victims do not report, or are discouraged to report by school administrators.
With sexual assaults, active shooters, and luring into human trafficking from our college campuses, the college experience has changed.
Guest for the hour S. Daniel Carter will discuss these issues and what is being done to create real, enforceable guidelines for campuses to follow in order to make the environment safer for students everywhere.
Campus Conflict Resolution Services (CCRS), blogtalkradio show is a series of shows on addressing conflict. Conflict is everywhere, in the classroom, workplace, among families, friendships, and even your roommate! Learn how to recognize conflict and how to address it!
Is being rich really the sign of greed or is it a sign of being an integrated thinker? Other than falling-into someone else's wealth could you really get rich without making choices and taking the appropriate actions to have wealth. What would the world look like if we didn't have wealthy people?
Is a thin body the sign of good health or is the glow of the largest organ, the skin, the sign of good health? What does it take to have good health both physically and mentally?
Do police officers and military indicate safety or were we safer when we knew our neigbors and we formed communities to build the next barn? What is safety and are you a peace seeker or war monger?
What do you desires have to do with your daily activities to selfishly create the things you want or need? Do you work it baby?
Join Nancy J. Reid & Lisa D. Smith – mother-daughter travel team and publishers of Big Blend Radio & TV Magazine, for the last day of Big Blend Radio’s 2-day Travel Radio Expo! This show airs live from Yerington Inn, in western Nevada.
On This Episode:
- Travel writer Linda Kissam ‘Food, Wine & Shopping Diva’ discusses her recent trip to France
- Leah Launey of Three Rivers Bed & Breakfast and Ranger Brady Wendt of Lake Kaweah will discuss Summer Fun in Three Rivers, California
- Becky Frost, senior manager of consumer education at Experian Consumer Services will discuss Identity Theft and Travel Safety
- Todd Montgomery – Travel writer and photographer for Life-Uncorked.com, will discuss media trips and events organized by the International Food Wine & Travel Writers Association.
- John Garder, Director, Budget and Appropriations for National Parks Conservation Association will try call in from his California Climate Ride!
Plus, Hollywood History with Steve Schneickert!
In light of the attacks and the ante of talking about the attacks on our country. Is this for our safety? Or a plan that puts us in a corner. A funnel to make us believe we are in danger. I am not about conspiracy but it is interesting on how heighten this nation has become to everything. Everything is sensitive and it is even reducing saying the name of Jesus to a whisper. What is next?