SORT BY Relevancy
Put down the Prozac and Pick Up a Project!
As we become increasingly dependent on technology to make our lives easier, we lose the ease and find ourselves angst, overwhelmed and unaware.
There is a quiet revolution going on wherein people are choosing to live "handmade" lives. Artisans and everyday crafters are finding a renewed satisfaction in making something with their own hands. The physical and mental benefits in handwork bring about contemplation, serenity and mindfulness.
Using a potpourri approach, Maggie Oman Shannon demonstrates that you can "craft the craziness" away for calm, clarity, comfort, contemplation, connection wtih others and/or spirit to reflect and commune within and with the God of your understanding.
Creativity is a spiritual journey. By immersing ourselves in a creative activity, we can quiet those voices around and in us and enter into the stillness that characterizes prayer and the "house of love". Whether cooking, sewing, knitting, gardening or scrapbooking, your intention to create space to do so is all that's needed and the beneftis are as active as sitting in a church monastery.
Whether you call yourself an artist or craftperson, or neither, we are all creative and through art- and craft-making, we can commune with the soul and the Divine. From the ingredients of everyday life we can find the tools to create a spiritual practice
Well I am back! Please join me as we discuss the topic of creating calm. We live in a very fast paced society, and for some rest is a bad four lettered word! The time has come for many to understand the stress that is placed on our body systems when we do not learn to operate from a state of calm. Emotions can disrupt weight management, cause anxiety and many other hhealth concerns. Join me and tell a friend as we discuss this topic of creating the much needed calm in your life
Anyone else feeling chaos? It feels like today is a great day to come into this sanctuary of time and chat. I would like to share with you some of my techniques and practices for creating calm. Feel free to call in with questions or comments. I will also share with you a meditation to align your chakras, create calm and get your energy flowing vibrantly. Join me -- let's create calm together. Special shout out to Jimmy Mac for our theme song: Blues for Mothe
The Power of Love
Maeve Crawford is the Soul Mate Catalyst. Her work with single women looking for love has connected her to some of the worlds most incredible people. Each week she interviews someone who inspires her and has a powerful message of love to share with the world.
This week, Maeve is joined by the champion of Creating Calm Network. The producer and shero responsible for bringing this entity together and transforming the world one listener at a time! Ann White is an author of several best selling books, creator of the Creating Calm Within Chaos programme, Stress RX for medical heroes and a trauma chaplain! How does she do it?
Join us as we talk about how to deal with some of life's most challenging situations.
If you enjoy these programmes, sign up to receive updates about this and all the programmes produced on the Creating Calm Network.
Coach Cafe' is thrilled to welcome Rev. Maggie Oman Shannon!
Rev. Maggie Oman Shannon, M.A., is an interfaith minister, spiritual director, workshop and retreat facilitator, and author of six books including her latest, Crafting Calm: Projects and Practices for Creativity and Contemplation.
In 2000, Maggie Oman Shannon founded The New Story, a coaching and consulting business focused on helping people create deeper meaning in their lives. The former editor of three national magazines, including The Saturday Evening Post, Oman Shannon also served as Director of Marketing for the Institute of Noetic Sciences. In addition to being a certified life coach, she completed the three-year training program of the Spiritual Directors Institute at Mercy Center in Burlingame, California. A graduate of Smith College, Oman Shannon also holds an M.A. degree in Culture and Spirituality from Holy Names University. She is an ordained interfaith minister who graduated from Manhattan’s One Spirit Interfaith Seminary in 2010. Rev. Maggie Oman Shannon currently has the honor of serving as Spiritual Director of Unity Spiritual Center of San Francisco. She lives in San Francisco with her husband and 10-year-old daughter. Learn more about Rev. Maggie Oman Shannon- www.maggieomanshannon.com
The ultimate chaos - a teenager - even more chaotic - a teenage daughter. Colleen O'Grady, a license marriage and family therapist will join us to discuss how to Power your Parenting. Colleen empowers women to reconnect with their teenage daughters and reclaim their lives. This is a call in program -- feel free to call in ask ask Colleen questions if you are sharing a home with a teenage daughter! Nadya Rubin Schubert will join us later in the program to share her pearls of anc
Please join me in welcome Heidi Thompson artist, teacher and author of a new book, Calm Focus Joy: The Power of Breath Awareness.
She will be discussing how Breath awareness has been scientifically proven to reduce stress, increase focus, help overcome addictions, relieve depression and promote brain health.
Join Host Live Chats
- Phoenix3333 (202 chatters)
- John Baptist (125 chatters)
- NTEB (60 chatters)
- Websleuths (55 chatters)
- Pastor Paul Begley (44 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (28 chatters)
- Paradigm Shift Radio (27 chatters)
- Bigfoot Tonight Show (22 chatters)
- Well Armed Radio (17 chatters)
- Straitway (16 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (16 chatters)
- thelordshour (16 chatters)
- Gecko Nation Radio (15 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (12 chatters)
- Bigfoot Hotspot (12 chatters)
- 5D Media Network (11 chatters)
- The NIGGA CHURCH (11 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (10 chatters)
- Kawakab (10 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (9 chatters)
- MCMJimmy (9 chatters)
- Tarvino (9 chatters)
- Platinum Queens West (8 chatters)
- NDB Media (8 chatters)
- Medium David M Baker (7 chatters)
- AngelsandWarriors (7 chatters)
- Chattahoochee Bigfoot (7 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (7 chatters)
- Starborn Support Radio (7 chatters)
- Psychic Teachers (7 chatters)
- We Built That Network (7 chatters)
- Bill Murray (6 chatters)
- Ohio Exopolitics (6 chatters)
- RequestFreeProphecyXcom (5 chatters)
- The Marching Podcast (5 chatters)
- SISFI Human Wellness Radio (4 chatters)
- SnotleyFunTyme Radio (4 chatters)
- Premo Mondone (4 chatters)
- New Colony Network (4 chatters)
- Josh and Paul (4 chatters)
- AIR Abundance Internet Radio (4 chatters)
- Arm Wrestling Nation Radio (4 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CrsRadio (3 chatters)
- AltCon Radio (3 chatters)
- BITEradio me (3 chatters)
- KDCL Media (3 chatters)
- Pagan Musings Podcast Channel (3 chatters)
- POZ I AM RADIO (3 chatters)
- Rich Wilson (3 chatters)
- The Dereck and Kay Show (3 chatters)
- The World of Ideas (3 chatters)
- TJMorrisETradio (2 chatters)
- The Crow and Moore Show (2 chatters)
- SharonWAlker0 (2 chatters)
- Pray 1 4 Another (2 chatters)
- CTR1 (2 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- On The Move with Mack Worley (2 chatters)
- Minsotagirl (2 chatters)
- MoodSwings (2 chatters)
- Bull Riding Rodeo Connection (2 chatters)
- BWIG Radio (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- Andrew Aloha (1 chatters)
- AwakeningYourSoul w Diahanna (1 chatters)
- Enterpraisement Media Group (1 chatters)
- Fox Valley Kubb Radio (1 chatters)
- CoffeeTalkWithChelle (1 chatters)
- Moonlighting by Numbers (1 chatters)
- mrmakeithappen (1 chatters)
- Hip Hop National Radio (1 chatters)
- ISTA Network (1 chatters)
- PrismRadio (1 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (1 chatters)
- Survival Radio Christian Network (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- TiDo Witnesses (1 chatters)
- The Seika Network (1 chatters)
- thebuttterflyeffect (0 chatters)
- Tha Sports Junkies101 Sports radio (0 chatters)