SORT BY Relevancy
The NYC DOE launched the citywide Respect For All program in 2007 in an effort to address bullying and harassment. According to the DOE:
"The NYC DOE is committed to maintaining a safe and supportive learning environment that is free from harassment, intimidation and/or bullying and from discrimination based on actual or perceived race, color, citizen-ship/immigration status, religion, creed, national origin, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, or weight."
Is it effective? More importantly, does it serve all students, or just those identified as a protected class? Weigh in!
Join us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/StraightTalkCafe
Straight Talk Cafe Blog: http://straighttalkcafe.blogspot.com/2014/01/are-new-york-city-department-of.html
NYS Law on Bullying: "The Dignity Act for All Students"
Last Sunday's program Two Boss Chicks Nickie Vega and Lee Giordano introduced the issue of School Bullying and whether or not the New York City Department of Education's policies are doing enough to prevent bullying and stop it when it occurs. This week the discussion continues.
We'd like to hear from you our listeners.
Were you bullied as a child?
Did you feel those in charge of protecting you were effective?
How has the bullying affected you if at all long term?
Do you know a child that is being bullied in the NYC Public School system and do you feel the issues were addressed adequately?
Is the NYC DOE policy Respect for All in conjunction with Chancellor's Regulation A-832 doing enough?
If you were in charge of implementing policy what are some of the solutions you'd bring to the table?
Join your hosts TWO BOSS CHICKS Nickie Vega and Lee Giordano as they discuss this important issue that affects not only our children, but our future as a society.
Callers welcome...let your voice be heard.
Straight Talk Cafe...hosted by TWO BOSS CHICKS Nickie Vega and Lee Giordano working hard to bring you strait talk on the real life issues that matter to you most.
Straight Talk Cafe...your "Go-to' source for Real Talk
10a CST/11a EST -- something to hear and share -- let's make a difference!
Michael Morones, an 11 yr old child, committed suicide as a result of bullying over a month ago. On the show, I will be speaking to the mother who will tell Michael's story, a story that no mother should ever tell. Jon Lucas, an attorney will come on afterwards to tell about the foundation and the global support of Michael. This will be followed up by a conversation with Lydia, a Mayor and professor at a North Carolina law school about the issue of bullying, the legal standpoints, and how we can protect our children; after all, this could have been anyone's child - maybe a child that you know.
See also Support and Love for Michael Morones - https://www.facebook.com/TeamMichaelMorones - and http://www.michaelmorones.org/.
For more conversations on this, see http://facebook.com/DomesticViolenceVoices, http://facebook.com/KrastinSocialJustice, and @bluebonnetfield.
More information about Lydia Lavelle: http://law.nccu.edu/directory/lydia-lavelle/
jay is our guess you all he have a clifet liped he is a blackdegeer in martial and he have wrote a book too trying to get it into school every were he is a great guy guy after you hear his amazing story you all would be like awesome and he also belive we all need to united togehter and take huge fight against bullying it just not one voice it all voice you all we shouldnt be fightagainst eachother we should join up together you all
soldisleksikauerabach is a comedian and he did a rap song for anti bullying he one day is praying that everyone is going to unitedtogether and come strong and i can say he his my good friend tooalso my co host is going to be hailee smith and her husband ownes a none profit org too these are great ppl to work with and friends too im very happy to have both of them work as a team too they have joined up with imbullyfree.org and bud collier is dirtecor and im news media dirtecor for imbullyfree you all we are asking for million like too you all it just not one voice it all voice it just not one person it all ppl
there some ppl that due this for there rating of show not me i do this for the kids and adults i was told one day i need to learn how to spell and learn how to speak to ppl then i was told another day it alll about rating so i decid to do my own radio show and show ppl i can do this bud collier have empower me lot more then ever he have made me news media director for imbully free he belive in me he have told me he would never turn his back on me im proud to help out imbully free see i thought this person was my friend he said what he was doing was to teach me i can do this on my own but i want ppl to join up to do this together not aginst each other so i ask bud to be my co host tonight so i can tell my story and let lot ppl know why it so important that i do this hailee smith well be my normal co host i just want to really get this out there and show ppl it not about me i dont care who get credit this goes to the three ppl i still condsir you all my friend i hope one day you all well see it just not one person it all of us and it just not one voice it every one voice also im asking for million like for imbullyfree on face book plz check out the you tube video too thank you all have great night
well we well have laquita bullock who is a spoke person for mental health she also does lot help on ppl group and i well let here explain i always let ppl explain what they do and how they help remeber ppl it just not one voice it all voice you all
On Tuesday, July 15th, at 10pm EST; join My Rays of Light Radio and host LM Young as we dive into the subject of bullying.
Bullying has become something totally different than when our parents were kids..bullies are no longer satisfied stealing lunch money...it is much more serious than that.
We want to encourage our callers to join us at 646-564-9708 or online at
In the second half of our program we will also be disussing Entrepreneurity (™) . Which is the necessity in businesses to give hand ups o the commmunity and the causes and people that can be most affected by this gift to and from humanity.
Please feel free to joi this very important conversation.
As always, if you are interested in being a host on our network...we can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
in Pop Culture
On this episode of the ::ANSWERS:: show, we are joined by Meredith O'Connor and her quest to end bullying.
Singer/songwriter, actress, inspirational speaker, and still a teen, Meredith O'Connor appeals to kids in every grade because of her well known anti-bullying platform, as well as her song "the game". She has performed in theater since age 8, and was later discovered for modeling and songwriting. She now speaks about her childhood of not fitting in, and how she was able to overcome bullying. Her fans look up to her, and she wants to be the role model she feels many kids need in their life.
We will discuss the very real issue of bullying and how anyone can overcome it.
Join Host Live Chats
- Talk Real Solutions (44 chatters)
- Rundgren Radio (41 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (32 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (26 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (21 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (19 chatters)
- Eric Balkman (19 chatters)
- SasquatchWatch Radio (17 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (15 chatters)
- thelordshour (15 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (12 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (11 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (11 chatters)
- Dr DREAM and Laura Eisenhower (10 chatters)
- gamechangersradio (10 chatters)
- Life Conversations (10 chatters)
- Odwirafo (10 chatters)
- Dead End Sports (8 chatters)
- Messages From Beyond (7 chatters)
- Metaphysical and Spiritual Chat (6 chatters)
- Inspire Radio Network (6 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (6 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (6 chatters)
- WARRIOR TALK RADIO (5 chatters)
- Curious Times (5 chatters)
- Game Centric Radio (5 chatters)
- Lorries Talk News Radio (5 chatters)
- Lauren Tenney (4 chatters)
- The View from Montana (4 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (4 chatters)
- The Psychic Surgeon (4 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (4 chatters)
- TruthWorks Network (4 chatters)
- SURN Host (3 chatters)
- Prophecy Quake (3 chatters)
- Sherry Andrea (3 chatters)
- Restoring Your Reality (3 chatters)
- Jay King Network (3 chatters)
- Paranormal Horizons (3 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (3 chatters)
- TonyWolfPaw (3 chatters)
- Enough Iz Enough (3 chatters)
- EncouragingMomentsWithKeva (2 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (2 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (2 chatters)
- Blasturthoughts (2 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (2 chatters)
- InThePaint (2 chatters)
- Inner Child Radio (2 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (2 chatters)
- The Underground Sex Show (2 chatters)
- Talking Smooth Jazz (2 chatters)
- The Drop Night Show (2 chatters)
- Mystic Light and Shadows (2 chatters)
- ShayXRenae and Friends (2 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (2 chatters)
- Winning America Back (2 chatters)
- Zaiyahs House (2 chatters)
- Non Partisan Liberty For all (1 chatters)
- MUTHA WIT WISDOM (1 chatters)
- patriots united (1 chatters)
- The Exchange (1 chatters)
- Talk2Q (1 chatters)
- The Fourth Turn (1 chatters)
- William Telltale (1 chatters)
- HomeTeam (1 chatters)
- JakeyandTheAce (1 chatters)
- Marjorie Cole (1 chatters)
- Married Men Dont Talk Show (1 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (1 chatters)
- AOW Productions (1 chatters)
- DONNELL BALLARD MORNING SHOW (1 chatters)
- Diane Grimble Ministries Friends (1 chatters)
- AACONS (1 chatters)
- Da DNell Experience (0 chatters)
- Get Lifted Radio (0 chatters)