SORT BY Relevancy
The terms "bully" & "bullying" seem to be the new buzz word these days; and everywhere you look a kid at school, woman on a reality show or even professional football player is claiming to be victims of bullying. This week on Playing Devil's Advocate™ with Ms. KiKi, the crew will discuss things like:
What is Bullying?
Is the term being overused?
Can an adult actually be bullied?
How/Why does someone become a bully?
What makes a person a target for a bully?...and a whole lot more!!!
And if that's not enough we have our Producer's "Drink of the Week", and our weekly “Ask PDA” advice letter!! If you want to give your two cents....contact us on Facebook, Twitter, via email, or in our interactive chat room or LIVE on-air Wed night!
ALL VIEWS WELCOME!!
Playing Devil’s Advocate™
Uncensored, Unscripted, UNAPOLOGETIC!!!
What is bullying and why do bullies bully?
Aggressive or dominating behavior is often displayed by teenagers and can continue over a lifetime in abusive relationships. Such a primitive psychological defense mechanism finds roots in an attempt to control disturbing feelings.
Many times a bully is seeking power, especially if they did not receive a sense of security or empowerment at home. When parents or caregivers attempt control children by creating fear or shame, perhaps the smaller, more scared children or those with deeper emotional insecurities become victims, while others will hide behind their discomforts by showing abusing behaviors and exploiting other kids’ insecurities.
Join Dr. Sadigh and his special guest Sandra Dupont, LMFT to find out how the bully and the bullied respond in relationship with self and others. Learn what needs must be met in order to prevent bullying. Sandra specializes in supporting teens and their parents in understanding and addressing the issues teens face today.
Sandra Dupont has advanced training in adolescent psychology & mental development, Family Systems, Child Advocacy, Respectful Parent Training, Working Effectively with Burned-Out Parents, as well as nine years experience as a practicing counselor for families with teens.
Sandra is the author of “What Would Your Teen Life Coach Say? A Survival Guide for Girls Entering High School” that presents fictional teens with real-life situations like learning how to deal with physical changes, mood swings, mean girls, defining boundaries and more... She is also co-editor of a magazine called Revitalize, Inspire and Perform, directed towards at risk youth. She writes a column for the Huffington Post on raising teenagers in LA, and her books are available for purchase on Amazon.com
A child sits alone at the lunch table while peers snicker around him. Perhaps he understands that he is being excluded and feels sad. What about the child with a disability who may or may not understand what is happening around him? Join us to learn how we can “Dis-able Bullying” and protect our vulnerable population of children with special needs.
Tara Fishler is a conflict resolution specialist providing mediation services and training to schools, businesses and nonprofit organizations. She is the founder of Customized Training Solutions, a New York-based consulting firm that offers interactive training on a variety of topics related to communication and conflict resolution. She is currently President of NYSDRA (New York State Dispute Resolution Association).
For more Information: Tara Fishler
The Foundation of Respect: Supporting Women Bullied in the Workplace with Dawn Westmoreland
Dawn Westmoreland, has disablies from having served in the United States Air Force and received horrific bullying as a result of being a whistle blower in the Veteran Affairs. The two years of bullying she received, further aggravated her severe disabilities. Dawn has been diagnosed with an 80% disability rating by the Veteran Affairs. Dawn is now determined to empower women to play a crucial in ending workplace bullying, by providing resources and training for women to step into their own personal power.
With your help, Dawn is launching The Foundation of R.E.S.P.E.C.T which is a non-profit organization with a mission to end workplace bullying against women, worldwide.
Dawn experienced workplace bullying because she acted as a whistleblower in the Veteran Affairs, which is an agency designed to take care of military veterans – she stood up to practices that were prohibited personnel practices. As a result, Dawn endured unrelenting retaliation from her superiors to the point where her ability to function was severely compromised. While working at the Veteran Affairs, it was obvious to Dawn that there were not enough military veterans being hired by the organization.
For more information visit: http://thefoundationofrespect.com/
Has your child ever been called a bully? Or, does your child get bullied?
Join us on today's episode for solid and simple solutions from Kelly Karius, author of "Out of Control" and creator of "No Such Think as a Bully".
"All of us use bully actions and victim responses. When we acknowledge this, we can begin to put the skills in place that prevent both." says Kelly Karius.
You’ll want to look into this more if you happen to be a student, parent, teacher, administrator, business person, community member or a human being. Click Here
We assume that all adults who serve as teachers, coaches and other personel who work with youth are mature enough to appropriately handle relationships with children. However, some people abuse their authority and force children to accept being publicly demeaned, degraded, humiliated, and embarrassed. Don't our children have the right to be respected? What are we teaching them when we bully them just because we can? Do all adults understand the difference between being a firm leader and being a bully when it comes to shaping children's behavior? Recently, several children who complained about feeling uncomfortable when made to watch a movie and participate in a discussion on same sex marriage were harshly reprimanded by the teacher for not wanting to participate in the conversation. Should a student's feelings about not discussing sex or religion be dismissed by teachers? What kinds of public reprimands are considered insults, and is there a line teachers should not cross? How should a parent address this issue?
in Self Help
HOST: ANGEL BROOME
GUEST: ESSENCE DENISE JOHNSON-MISS MENIFEE 2013
Are you a teenager or child being bullied in school? Listen to Essence Denise Johnson story. Essence was bullied as a child and suffered low self-esteem that once prevented her to realize her greatness. Now she has representation at a major modeling agency and experiencing life in a great way. This great life she is now creating is something Essence "BULLIE'S" told her she could never accomplish. Essence or should we say, "Queen Essence" went from being bullied to having the drive to follow her dreams.
As "Miss Menifee 2013" Essence teaches her community her life mantra, "Lover Yourself From The Inside Out" and use her life experiences to prove to others that success is possible by simply being you.
in Self Help
Is A "Socially Awkward" Child More Prone to Becoming Bullied? Unfortunately, yes. Does it happen frequently? Again, unfortunately the answer is, yes.
Not all children are talented at being social and outgoing.
While just about any child is "fair game" to a bully... the child who has low self esteem, is shy, or has difficulty with social interaction, has a much higher chance of being targeted.
Most parents feel almost helpless and aren't quite sure what to do, how to protect, or how to guide their child through these types of situations.
Programs are finally being implemented in schools to stop this horrible problem and educating the public is in full force. But there are still a multitude of incidents of bullying taking place.
Today's Mentors Magazine coverstory interview is conducted with Amy Meyer who will discuss a FREE program created for children who are victims of bullying, in order to help them build their self esteem and social interaction abilities.
The "Why Ranch" is a place where children work with horses who have an amazing ability to bring out your child's shining inner light.
Also on todays show... we will give parents many tips on how to deal with the problems of a child being bullied.
As you listen today; we encourage you to check out this program for your child or donate any amount to the "Why Ranch". They need help so they can continue to offer this worthy program free of charge.
It isn't uncommon for the underdog or child with special needs to be bullied at school. How can parents help their school-aged CHD children if they are being bullied? What strategies work for overcoming bullying? What kind of presentations can parents do to help schools understand the prevalence of congenital heart defects? What can parents do to make sure their children's school are safe for their congenital heart defect survivors? This episode will examine the answers to these questions and more.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (498 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (122 chatters)
- John Baptist (64 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (50 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (39 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (23 chatters)
- thelordshour (22 chatters)
- Jennifer Hough (22 chatters)
- New Spirit Radio Show (21 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (18 chatters)
- canadianglen (17 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (15 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (14 chatters)
- AlimBey (14 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (14 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (14 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (13 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (13 chatters)
- DDP Radio (12 chatters)
- CRYPTOLOGIC (12 chatters)
- Get Real LOL uncensored reality tv (12 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (12 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (11 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (10 chatters)
- InfiniteSupernaturalNetwork (9 chatters)
- 12kyle (9 chatters)
- Cardboard Connection Radio (8 chatters)
- Yo Momma Black (8 chatters)
- Curious Times (7 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (7 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (7 chatters)
- DynastySoundtrack (7 chatters)
- Soul Empowerment Radio (7 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (7 chatters)
- sun752 (6 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (6 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (6 chatters)
- Bamabird29 (6 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (6 chatters)
- Canadian Motocross Weekly (6 chatters)
- churchfolk (5 chatters)
- fairtax4ca (5 chatters)
- Dr Rick Wallace Ph D (5 chatters)
- Leslie Draper (5 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (5 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (5 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (5 chatters)
- Moorish Science Radio (5 chatters)
- Omega Man (4 chatters)
- Prayer Warriors 365 (4 chatters)
- Welcome to Docradio Network (4 chatters)
- Tim Gatto Unedited and Uncut (4 chatters)
- The Biblical Hebrew (4 chatters)
- The Blue Corner (4 chatters)
- Feldman World Group (4 chatters)
- Bridge Between Two Worlds Radio (4 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (4 chatters)
- David and Wes (4 chatters)
- Bay Bridge Sports Hub (4 chatters)
- BeverlyD (3 chatters)
- BFD Fantasy Football (3 chatters)
- Bleed Blue Show (3 chatters)
- Dave in the City (3 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (3 chatters)
- Fluent Motion (3 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (3 chatters)
- LET IT BE KNOWN (3 chatters)
- Liberal Dan Radio (3 chatters)
- The Captain0 (3 chatters)
- SURN Host (3 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (3 chatters)
- The URC Show (3 chatters)
- Political T and T (3 chatters)
- Ms KiKi (3 chatters)
- Off the Rails Radio (3 chatters)
- Xclusive Jamz Nation (3 chatters)
- MKSPCG (2 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (2 chatters)
- Ordinarywmn (2 chatters)
- Root Cause Radio (2 chatters)
- The Vent Man (2 chatters)
- The Ron and Don Show (2 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (2 chatters)
- WKPJB 1039 The Indie Storm (2 chatters)
- WTLC Talk Radio0 (2 chatters)
- Top Star Hip Hop Radio (2 chatters)
- Two Sides Of The Story Productions (2 chatters)
- Tarvino (2 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (2 chatters)
- Lifeline with Cindy Sommer (2 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ and TIFF (2 chatters)
- FSF Radio (2 chatters)
- HHIII and LeeCrowe (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (2 chatters)
- Dark Twitter (2 chatters)
- Diane Grimble Ministries N Friends (2 chatters)
- Dirtyredz (2 chatters)
- Body of Christ (2 chatters)
- AndreaMiller0 (2 chatters)
- Bards Logic Political Talk (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (1 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (1 chatters)
- Bill Murray (1 chatters)
- BBQSuperStars (1 chatters)
- Be The Light Now (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Coach Annette Brent (1 chatters)
- Chicago Thunder (1 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (1 chatters)
- Field Afrikan Radio (1 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (1 chatters)
- Fancalls (1 chatters)
- Dr Ritamarie (1 chatters)
- Dragon vs Dragon (1 chatters)
- HME Network (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- manofgod7 (1 chatters)
- Juneau Xena (1 chatters)
- KAS1 (1 chatters)
- The RetroUnlim Network (1 chatters)
- The Larry Love Show (1 chatters)
- The Literary Corner (1 chatters)
- The Mirror Show (1 chatters)
- The Nathan Karn Show (1 chatters)
- The NTuned Show (1 chatters)
- Talk2Q (1 chatters)
- The Curtner And Kerr Radio Show (1 chatters)
- The Football Gurus (1 chatters)
- The Gray Matter (1 chatters)
- Universal Radio (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- USA Emergency Broadcasting Network (1 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (1 chatters)
- RotoExpertsXcom FantasySports Show (1 chatters)
- SecularTalkRadio (1 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (1 chatters)
- SOUL 1 RADIO (1 chatters)
- Station IWDM (1 chatters)
- Prophecy at the Midnight Hour (1 chatters)
- PwtorchEastCoastCast (1 chatters)
- RFB Radio WOW (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- RLwRT (1 chatters)
- Moxie Mind Body Life Coaching (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- Opulent Network (1 chatters)
- ParanormalPsychicRadio (1 chatters)
- Michael Bonner (0 chatters)
- ISoMH Educational Network (0 chatters)