SORT BY Relevancy
As the endless stream of RFPs for community broadband feasibility studies widens, are these communities considering the intersect between broadband and cloud computing? It's important to have quality infrastructure that reaches all constituents, but it's equally important to build an infrastructure that supports applications that make the network financially sustainable. Learn how to create a role for cloud computing in your broadband planning.
Bernie Arnason, publisher and editor of Telecompetitor, keeps his finger on the pulse as he covers developments important to the broadband ecosystem through his analysis and commentary. Arnason is particularly focused on how network operators, including community broadband project teams, monetize the infrastructure while serving communities' needs.
Listeners get a solid grounding in how targeting local enterprises and small businesses with cloud computing services has a payback both in generating high-end, big dollar subscribers with low churn rates, and increasing the economic strength of community businesses. Arnason describes how to design the network buildout and subsequent marketing of cloud and other services to capture this low-hanging fruit. He also discusses the "Internet if things," which is an important element of cloud computing strategy.
Entrepreneurs strive to enhance their influencer competency. The more effectively you are able to influence, the greater leader you will become. Today's influencers such as Sir Richard Branson, Oprah Winfrey, Donald Trump, Ellen Degeneres, Mark Zuckerberg, and Warren Buffet influence by understanding and using specific influential methodologies. What are these highly-sought after influential characteristics and how can you adopt and implement them into your business strategy? That is our focus on this edition of, “The Strategist Radio LIVE."
Many communities must understand that, without a well-crafted and executed creative marketing strategy, their broadband networks will have limited success. This is particularly true in states such as North Carolina that have a hostile political climate for public networks. Salisbury, NC has held their own for four years, but plans to turn on the marketing afterburners to accelerate their growth and impact on the community.
Salisbury Mayor Paul Woodson and Mayor Pro Tem Maggie Blackwell present constituents and listeners with details on some of their marketing ideas. The city launched its Fibrant fiber network in 2010 and has steadily increased its subscriber base in the face of stiff incumbent opposition. They recently upgraded Fibrant to 1 gigabit per second service, which they expect will improve economic development, healthcare service delivery, education and government services.
City leaders see their marketing efforts moving forward on two fronts: 1) increasing marketing messages that educate various constituencies about the benefits of gigabit services, and 2) raising Salisbury's national profile as a forward-looking gig city that is a center of innovation. The Mayor and Mayor Pro Tem describe several of Fibrant's past marketing successes, and provide other community broadband teams with advice on how to market effectively against well-financed adversaries.
Congressional reps, in their annual pique over the abuses of a couple of wireless companies, are attempting to once again throw out the broadband baby with the water of a corrupted few. Atty. Anthony Veach, from telecom industry law firm Bennet & Bennet PLLC joins us to discuss House bill 5376's threat to broadband usage in underserved communities.
Veach describes how the current FCC has made reforming its telecom industry-funded Lifeline grant program a priority, and discusses whether Congress's action threatens rather than helps create meaningful changes. Lifeline originally funded basic telephone service for low-income urban and rural households so no citizens would be economically forced to do without phone service. The Bush Administration expanded Lifeline to include wireless phone service as this was quickly displacing landlines. As smartphones become a primary device for accessing broadband, particularly in communities of color, Congress' action threatens to hit them particularly hard.
Listeners get an inside peek at Lifeline reforms to date, and what additional reforms are in the works. They also pick up some valuable insights into the Lifeline program, its main accomplishments over the years and some of the challenges the program faces as it tries to keep pace with technology changes not envisioned by Lifeline's original architects.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (147 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (103 chatters)
- thelordshour (24 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (14 chatters)
- The Rad Reality Show (14 chatters)
- Bellesprit (12 chatters)
- Candelos Corner Radio (11 chatters)
- DA PUTER SHACK KARAOKE RADIO (10 chatters)
- BlackWomensBlueprint (9 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (9 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (9 chatters)
- LauraDiPrete (8 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (7 chatters)
- Stupid Cancer Show (7 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (7 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (6 chatters)
- HOV Radio (6 chatters)
- Bill Murray (5 chatters)
- 64621 (5 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (5 chatters)
- Patriot Family (5 chatters)
- We Built That Network (5 chatters)
- Jewelcast JFTC in your ears (4 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (4 chatters)
- ShamanBarbandB (4 chatters)
- Butterfly Evolution (4 chatters)
- Janet M Taylor (4 chatters)
- My Little Pony Talk (3 chatters)
- Ohio Exopolitics (3 chatters)
- CLNSRadio (3 chatters)
- CWA Radio (2 chatters)
- EMONSTA (2 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (2 chatters)
- olddominionlibertarian (2 chatters)
- Michael A McFadden (2 chatters)
- onlinewithandrea (2 chatters)
- Our Own Voices Live (2 chatters)
- ParaAnne (2 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (2 chatters)
- Illuminati Exposed (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- Gospelfest Sparta (2 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (2 chatters)
- redmaryland (2 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Universal School Of Thought (2 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (2 chatters)
- WorldSportsShow (2 chatters)
- Time For A Awakening (1 chatters)
- Woman2WomanTalkingToMen (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- Really Doe Radio (1 chatters)
- SpinSyndicate Radio (1 chatters)
- Stilettos And Convos (1 chatters)
- THE CONFLICTS OF LIFE (1 chatters)
- The GreenHouse FX (1 chatters)
- Lauren Tenney (1 chatters)
- MKSPCG (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- EYICHRIST (1 chatters)
- Fire Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)