SORT BY Relevancy
Although Breast Cancer Awareness month is October, we realize the discussion of Breast Cancer Awareness is ongoing. Tonight we speak with Shireda Strongentburg-Howard, CPA, JD, PhD, a beautiful, energetic wife, mother, attorney, accountant and survivor or breast cancer. She is young, vibrant and full of life and will share her personal story with us so that we may become even more aware of how this disease with early detection can be curable and allow us to regain the power to eradicate this potentially deadly disease. You don't want to miss this show!
Young women CAN and DO get breast cancer. Join us as we welcome the leadership from Young Survival Coalition (Jennifer Merschdorf, CEO and Stacey Lewis, Chief Program Officer and Deputy Chief Executive) to talk about what's being done to address this healthcare disparity and meet the underserved needs of this population. Breast cancer survivor (and former Stupid Cancer Show co-host) Lisa Bernhard in the survivor spotlight!
October is the month most widely acknowledged as NATIONAL BREAST CANCER AWARENESS MONTH. However, another cause which is acknowledged is DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AWARENESS.
Both of these topics are ones friends and family members would prefer to never have to face or discuss. However, many have found one or both necessary.
Tonight's program invites those who have not only survived but have overcome the sense of darkness and aloneness associated with these circumstances they may have found themselves in.
If your life is or has been impacted, or you are a survivor/ overcomer in either of these situations, please join in tonight's conversation and share your story which may education and/or encourage someone else!
Join us as we welcome the oncology rock stars behind the /take a deep breath/ Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center of Northwestern University’s comprehensive follow-up STAR Program for adult survivors of childhood cancer. Karen Kinahan, RN (Clinical Nurse Specialist), Kristin Smith (Fertility Preservation Patient Navigator) and long-term survivor Colleen Cira will talk about life beyond childhood cancer and progress being made to serve the more than 350,000 Americans in that space. Survivor spotlight on young adult colon cancer survivor, blogger and healthcare activist Michelle Whitehead-Hastings.
The happy healthcare host, Mr. Divabetic goes ‘PINK’ to help raise awareness for the link between Breast Cancer and Diabetes on this free monthly podcast. Mr. Divabetic shines the spotlight on guests, Dr. April Speed, Award-winning Songwriter and Author Mary Sue Englund, Actress and Writer, E.P. McKnight, TeamWILD Founder, Mari Michelle Ruddy and Poet Lorraine Brooks.
Dr. April Speed provides breast cancer services to women, men and adolescents. Dr. Speed is a member of the American Society of Breast Cancer Surgeons, the Society of Surgical Oncology and the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO.) She was awarded the ASCO National Diversity in Oncology Award in 2009.
Mary Sue Englund has released five self-penned albums to date. A staple at the Grand Ole Opry, Englund has toured the world with country legend Pam Tillis as her pianist, guitarist, violinist and harmony vocalist.
Mary Sue Englund’s book and companion CD, ‘I AM A WOMAN’ captures the beautiful breadth of the female experience, with all its cluttered, clouded magic. Striking photographs and wise and sometimes surprising quotes of courageous women from all walks of life fill the pages of this lovely linen-bound coffee table book.
"After seeing the profound effect that the song, ‘I AM A WOMAN’ had on people in concert, I was inspired to write a complete album of what I consider to be “healing songs," says Mary Sue Englund. "For those needing encouragement; for those fighting illness or grief, or those craving a little joy. Frankly, I think that is everyone!
CALL IN: (347) 215-8551
Tune in to the popular free monthly Diabetes Late Nite podcast hosted by the happy healthcare host, Mr. Divabetic to hear how real life ‘divas’ and dudes handle blood sugar high’s and low’s in tricky famous movie-inspired settings and situations.
Breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer among Hispanic women.
Wise Latina Any Galbaldon recently faced the challenge of Breast Cancer and has overcome it.Eairler this year she was diagnosed with Breast Cancer & had surgery. She is now cancer free and is sharing her story. She would like to share her experience in an effort to help educate others. This is the first of a two-part seris.
Wise Latina Cynthia Ruiz participate in the Santa Barbara Avon Walk for Breast Cancer where 4.6 million dollars was raised to help find a cure to this growing problem, She will be discussing her experience of walking 26 miles & why she did it.
The "Two Wise Latinas" of The Wise Latina Network is here to empower and inspire the women of the Latino community with practical tools for a successful life.
The Wise Latina Network is a multigenerational group of diverse successful Latinas empowering the Latino community.
A look at how Surviving Breast Cancer plays in the family.
Join Dr. Teresa Graham & Maddie Johnson as they talk about their healing process after being diagnose with Breast Cancer. They will be sharing their testimony and their faith in God to heal and deliver them from this deadly disease. Show starts at 6:00PM CST. & 7:00PM EST. Please join us by dialing- (516) 531-9244.
Carlos Blanco, MD, PhD
1. How can a woman with breast cancer tell if she's struggling from
depression or just the effects of chemotherapy/treatment?
2. What are some of the more common difficulties that come up after a breast cancer diagnosis - for example, the strain on intimate relationships?
3. What are common things that family and friends can actually do to support a woman going through this? How can they actually "help" during this period of depression/health issues?
4. Are there support groups out there or treatments for this? Is depression
that common during breast cancer?
5. Can depression actually affect the course of cancer in some way?
To listen to any of our previous archived episodes on psychiatry topics such as child and adolescent mental health, OCD, substance abuse or eating disorders please go to blogtalkradio.com/columbiapsychiatrynyspi
Achieve Accelerated Results Radio Show with host Jennifer Bagley with special guests Bruce Cheatham, COO with Avcor Health and Dr. Stanley Franklin, Medical Director of Lewisville Gynecology.
Topic: Susan G. Koman and Breast Cancer Awareness
Avcor is the premier developer, manufacturer, and marketer of premium compression dressings, thermal compression bandages, and I.V. Aids used in the institutional and consumer/retail healthcare markets. Avcor Health is proud to be a supporter of the Susan G. Koman Foundation and offer a 10% donation on the annual sales of their pink products or a $25,000 aggregate minimal donation/year. Avcor Health takes their support to another level in growing breast cancer awareness by using their pink products as a tool to educate, remind and recruit supporters for this great cause for women. Bruce Cheatham, COO will be a special guest for the show to represent Avcor Health's incentive and message.
Dr. Stanley Franklin, Medical Director with Lewisville Gynecology
Dr. Franklin, is a board certified gynecologist and will be joining us to discuss the importance of well women visits, prevention, genetic testing, physician follow up appointments and optimal diagnostic testing as important steps for the fight against breast cancer and improving breast cancer awareness.
Learn more about Avcor Health:
Learn more about Dr. Stanley Franklin
LEANNE PARSONS is a CPC, ELI-MP is a certified professional coach. As a Coach, Re-united Adoptee, Mom, Warrior Wife, Stylist, Servant Leader, Radio Host, Speaker and “New Nester” LeAnne has the gift of encouraging individuality, integrity, confidence, and the desire to live a life of freedom and impact. Her passion and her experiences are changing lives one conversation at a time!
LeAnne welcomes Stacy Mosher and Sarah Noonan to her show this week. Both women are Ovarian Cancer Survivors! Please join us for more information, encouragment and support! September is Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month!
Join Host Live Chats
- BigBrotherGroup (47 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (19 chatters)
- Dark Twitter (18 chatters)
- BeverlyD (16 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (15 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (10 chatters)
- KAS1 (10 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (9 chatters)
- Living Well Talk Radio (9 chatters)
- thedean (9 chatters)
- Dr Ritamarie (7 chatters)
- HHIII and LeeCrowe (6 chatters)
- LindaCrystal (5 chatters)
- Patriot Family (5 chatters)
- PwtorchEastCoastCast (5 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (5 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (4 chatters)
- NatureofReality (4 chatters)
- Attune Magazine Radio (4 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (4 chatters)
- WWCR RADIO (4 chatters)
- Triple DarkGodis Radio (3 chatters)
- AngelsTeachRadio (3 chatters)
- Asylum Fantasy Football Podcast (3 chatters)
- Body of Christ (3 chatters)
- Diane Grimble Ministries N Friends (3 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (3 chatters)
- ParanormalPsychicRadio (3 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (3 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (3 chatters)
- UNdergroundCHURCH (3 chatters)
- The Vent Man (2 chatters)
- SecularTalkRadio (2 chatters)
- LA Batchelor (2 chatters)
- Firefall Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- Omega Man (2 chatters)
- pamelamarieedmunds (2 chatters)
- MKSPCG (2 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (2 chatters)
- Doctor Ginny (2 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (2 chatters)
- CAA Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Destruindo Fortalezas (2 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (2 chatters)
- Barry Secrest (2 chatters)
- Whispers from Heaven (2 chatters)
- Tracey Lee (2 chatters)
- BBQSS Sports Network (1 chatters)
- BBQSuperStars (1 chatters)
- Awakenings Radio (1 chatters)
- Among The Realms Radio (1 chatters)
- dburt aka Afronerd (1 chatters)
- Christism with Nadia Khalil Bradley (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Godney (1 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (1 chatters)
- Edge Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- Energy Awareness (1 chatters)
- Everything Kathy B (1 chatters)
- Hickory Paranormal Radio (1 chatters)
- Kissmeimpsychic (1 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (1 chatters)
- Illuminati Exposed (1 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Live (1 chatters)
- Jim Nemley (1 chatters)
- North London Paranormal Radio (1 chatters)
- Lez Talk Books Radio (1 chatters)
- Lisa Williams Medium (1 chatters)
- Matt and Phil Show (1 chatters)
- Mikeisha (1 chatters)
- Seekers Intercessors Chamber (1 chatters)
- Spoken Ink (1 chatters)
- The Christian View (1 chatters)
- THE CONFLICTS OF LIFE (1 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (1 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (1 chatters)
- Rockin Country Radio (1 chatters)
- WARriorsInGODsArmy (1 chatters)
- We are TOPS (1 chatters)