SORT BY Relevancy
Young women CAN and DO get breast cancer. Join us as we welcome the leadership from Young Survival Coalition (Jennifer Merschdorf, CEO and Stacey Lewis, Chief Program Officer and Deputy Chief Executive) to talk about what's being done to address this healthcare disparity and meet the underserved needs of this population. Breast cancer survivor (and former Stupid Cancer Show co-host) Lisa Bernhard in the survivor spotlight!
Join us as we open the floodgates to expose Triple Negative Breast Cancer, a misunderstood variant of the disease that affects up to 25,000 women each year. We will be joined by Hayley Dinerman (Executive Director), Malaak Compton-Rock (Board Member) and Dr. Lisa Newman (Scientific Advisory Board) from the Triple Negative Breast Cancer Foundation. TNBC young adult survivor Rachel Pappas in the spotlight.
Carlos Blanco, MD, PhD
1. How can a woman with breast cancer tell if she's struggling from
depression or just the effects of chemotherapy/treatment?
2. What are some of the more common difficulties that come up after a breast cancer diagnosis - for example, the strain on intimate relationships?
3. What are common things that family and friends can actually do to support a woman going through this? How can they actually "help" during this period of depression/health issues?
4. Are there support groups out there or treatments for this? Is depression
that common during breast cancer?
5. Can depression actually affect the course of cancer in some way?
To listen to any of our previous archived episodes on psychiatry topics such as child and adolescent mental health, OCD, substance abuse or eating disorders please go to blogtalkradio.com/columbiapsychiatrynyspi
Join Dr. Teresa Graham & Maddie Johnson as they talk about their healing process after being diagnose with Breast Cancer. They will be sharing their testimony and their faith in God to heal and deliver them from this deadly disease. Show starts at 6:00PM CST. & 7:00PM EST. Please join us by dialing- (516) 531-9244.
A look at how Surviving Breast Cancer plays in the family.
Join us as we profile C4YW, the Conference for Young Women Affected By Cancer, produced by Living Beyond Breast Cancer and the Young Survival Coalition. Stacy Lewis, CHES (YSC Chief Program Officer/Deputy Chief Executive) and Elyse Caplan (LBBC Director of Programs & Partnerships) will be our guests. Also, entrepreneur Jeff Tomczek (freelance Writer and Founder of C2Bseen) in the survivor spotlight.
The happy healthcare host, Mr. Divabetic goes ‘PINK’ to help raise awareness for the link between Breast Cancer and Diabetes on this free monthly podcast. Mr. Divabetic shines the spotlight on guests, Dr. April Speed, Award-winning Songwriter and Author Mary Sue Englund, Actress and Writer, E.P. McKnight, TeamWILD Founder, Mari Michelle Ruddy and Poet Lorraine Brooks.
Dr. April Speed provides breast cancer services to women, men and adolescents. Dr. Speed is a member of the American Society of Breast Cancer Surgeons, the Society of Surgical Oncology and the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO.) She was awarded the ASCO National Diversity in Oncology Award in 2009.
Mary Sue Englund has released five self-penned albums to date. A staple at the Grand Ole Opry, Englund has toured the world with country legend Pam Tillis as her pianist, guitarist, violinist and harmony vocalist.
Mary Sue Englund’s book and companion CD, ‘I AM A WOMAN’ captures the beautiful breadth of the female experience, with all its cluttered, clouded magic. Striking photographs and wise and sometimes surprising quotes of courageous women from all walks of life fill the pages of this lovely linen-bound coffee table book.
"After seeing the profound effect that the song, ‘I AM A WOMAN’ had on people in concert, I was inspired to write a complete album of what I consider to be “healing songs," says Mary Sue Englund. "For those needing encouragement; for those fighting illness or grief, or those craving a little joy. Frankly, I think that is everyone!
CALL IN: (347) 215-8551
Tune in to the popular free monthly Diabetes Late Nite podcast hosted by the happy healthcare host, Mr. Divabetic to hear how real life ‘divas’ and dudes handle blood sugar high’s and low’s in tricky famous movie-inspired settings and situations.
Everyone knows that October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Virtually no family has escaped being impacted by breast cancer. There are many types of breast cancer and an alarming number of young women are afflicted with breast cancer. The subject of young women and breast cancer does not receive nearly enough attention and much more public awareness and education are needed. Accordingly, on this episode of “Battling and Beating Cancer” we focus on young women with breast cancer. One of the many things that breast cancer – and other cancers – and cancer treatments can take from young women is the ability to have children. We will address the important subjects of infertility and preserving the ability of cancer patients to become mothers with Mindy Berkson, a renowned fertility consultant and founder of Chicago-based Lotus Blossom Consulting. We also will be joined by Alice Crisci, a remarkably woman who took her experience with breast cancer and turned it into a blessing for many other woman by helping them become mothers through her non-profit organization Fertile Action. This is a must hear pink episode of Battling and Beating Cancer.
Join Host Live Chats
- High Frequency Radio Network (24 chatters)
- cathies DistantEchos (14 chatters)
- Pro Wrestling Torch (12 chatters)
- Dark Twitter (9 chatters)
- Aquaman (8 chatters)
- Aubrey Allen Smith (6 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (5 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (4 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (4 chatters)
- The Bully Effect0 (3 chatters)
- The War Room (3 chatters)
- TheRealSideRadio (3 chatters)
- Papa CE (3 chatters)
- Positively Autistic (2 chatters)
- MRTALK (2 chatters)
- TLO Ministry (2 chatters)
- TPPCTV (2 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (2 chatters)
- Audrey Russo (2 chatters)
- English Defence League Radio (2 chatters)
- Everything Kathy B (1 chatters)
- Diane Grimble Ministries N Friends (1 chatters)
- Israelite Heritage (1 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Live (1 chatters)
- LA Batchelor (1 chatters)
- Military Mamas (1 chatters)
- Bible News Radio (1 chatters)
- christianpsychicbrendabradshaw (1 chatters)
- Christism with Nadia Khalil Bradley (1 chatters)
- COS Radio (1 chatters)
- The Chloe Show (1 chatters)
- The Final Say (1 chatters)
- The JEWEL Network (1 chatters)
- The Organic View (1 chatters)
- Out and About Town (1 chatters)
- Out Of A Pure Heart (1 chatters)
- Sandra Booker (1 chatters)
- SportsTime Radio (1 chatters)
- The Brian Craig Show (1 chatters)
- Allyssa Narvaez Online (1 chatters)
- We are TOPS (0 chatters)
- whaleystudios (0 chatters)