SORT BY Relevancy
Young women CAN and DO get breast cancer. Join us as we welcome the leadership from Young Survival Coalition (Jennifer Merschdorf, CEO and Stacey Lewis, Chief Program Officer and Deputy Chief Executive) to talk about what's being done to address this healthcare disparity and meet the underserved needs of this population. Breast cancer survivor (and former Stupid Cancer Show co-host) Lisa Bernhard in the survivor spotlight!
Join us as we open the floodgates to expose Triple Negative Breast Cancer, a misunderstood variant of the disease that affects up to 25,000 women each year. We will be joined by Hayley Dinerman (Executive Director), Malaak Compton-Rock (Board Member) and Dr. Lisa Newman (Scientific Advisory Board) from the Triple Negative Breast Cancer Foundation. TNBC young adult survivor Rachel Pappas in the spotlight.
Carlos Blanco, MD, PhD
1. How can a woman with breast cancer tell if she's struggling from
depression or just the effects of chemotherapy/treatment?
2. What are some of the more common difficulties that come up after a breast cancer diagnosis - for example, the strain on intimate relationships?
3. What are common things that family and friends can actually do to support a woman going through this? How can they actually "help" during this period of depression/health issues?
4. Are there support groups out there or treatments for this? Is depression
that common during breast cancer?
5. Can depression actually affect the course of cancer in some way?
Join us as we profile C4YW, the Conference for Young Women Affected By Cancer, produced by Living Beyond Breast Cancer and the Young Survival Coalition. Stacy Lewis, CHES (YSC Chief Program Officer/Deputy Chief Executive) and Elyse Caplan (LBBC Director of Programs & Partnerships) will be our guests. Also, entrepreneur Jeff Tomczek (freelance Writer and Founder of C2Bseen) in the survivor spotlight.
Everyone knows that October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Virtually no family has escaped being impacted by breast cancer. There are many types of breast cancer and an alarming number of young women are afflicted with breast cancer. The subject of young women and breast cancer does not receive nearly enough attention and much more public awareness and education are needed. Accordingly, on this episode of “Battling and Beating Cancer” we focus on young wo
Last week I talked about how to know that you would never have cancer. And tonight I want to talk specifically about breast cancer, since there will be about 39,500 breast cancer deaths this year in our Country. I do not want you to become a breast cancer statistic and you can find out what is causing breast cancer and then take the steps in your own life to make sure you never have it.
Join me, Robyn Scates, ”The Motivational Cheerleader” with my special guest, Rhonda Silva, M.B.A., B.S.N., RN. We will examine the impact of breast cancer in our community, myths, preventive measures and the importance of early detection.
Welcome to this week’s iNurse Radio episode where we discuss the link between Viruses and Breast Cancer featuring Dr. Kimberley Baltzell. In the United States, research has shown that 1 out of 8 women will experience invasive breast cancer at some point in their life. Although the diagnoses rate of breast cancer has been decreasing in recent years, more than 200,000 new cases of invasive breast cancer were expected to be diagnosed in women in the U.S., along with nearly 65,000 new cases of non-invasive (in situ) breast cancer.
Dr. Baltzell is currently an assistant adjunct professor at the University of California, San Fransisco and Associate Director with the Global Health Science Masters Program. Her current research consists of overseeing 40 student projects throughout the world. These studies are designed to understand effective diagnoses and treatments for children in sub-Saharan Africa with limited resources. While focused on various student projects, Dr. Baltzell continues research on viruses associated with increased risk of breast cancer.
Find out more at globalhealthsciences.ucsf.edu and nursing.ucsf.edu
Join Host Live Chats
- SecularTalkRadio (26 chatters)
- English Defence League Radio (18 chatters)
- Becoming Psychic Radio Show (15 chatters)
- MRTALK (13 chatters)
- Pastor Harry Walther (9 chatters)
- Commala Radio Show (9 chatters)
- Psychic Choice Radio (8 chatters)
- PrideNET Radio Network (6 chatters)
- North London Paranormal Radio (6 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (5 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (4 chatters)
- PSH Radio Show (4 chatters)
- RICHSISTAH (3 chatters)
- Jennifer Lynch (3 chatters)
- cathies DistantEchos (3 chatters)
- Angry Devas Radio (2 chatters)
- Military Mamas (2 chatters)
- TheRealSideRadio (2 chatters)
- SportsTime Radio (1 chatters)
- Ebony Empress (1 chatters)
- AdrianBernard (1 chatters)
- Progress in the World (1 chatters)