SORT BY Relevancy
Rise Up After Brain Injury Hosted by Craig Sicilia
Being Aware - Creating Awareness - What are people aware of
Sherry Johnson of TBI Awareness sharing their passion of bringing awareness and spreading the word, about what it means to live with a brain injury as a mother of a child with a brain injury trying to get the word out to who ever she can.
as Well ( DJ (Dave) Asselin of Team Hi Level with a update on rehab in America from the gut of the system, a system that is confusing even for those with out a brain injury. Our topic how to get your questions answered which is something DJ is not getting as he sits in a Florida rehab center trying to figure out whats going on.
Do you have something you need to share tonight come on in and join our show for interactive conversation.
Tonight, Ken Collins will talk about brain injury awareness and who is getting helped by all this awareness. Ken will talk about the many brain injury awareness efforts he has been involved with since 1985. After all these years of brain injury awareness and advocacy why it is the public, legislators and health are care professionals not aware of brain injury? How says we need more brain injury awareness? When does brain injury awareness become just another way to market obscenely expensive services and the thieves who are stealing the lives of people with brain injuries for their own personal gain and prosperity? When those of us who are concerned about this problem speak up we are labeled as trouble makers or worse. Are all the brain injury survivor sites on Facebook helping people with brain injuries or the industry that is making billions of dollars exploiting people with brain injuries? What role can people with brain injuries play in creating community-based services for people with brain injuries? When does sitting around waiting for something to change without doing anything help the process?
After a TBI, where Deb Palmer lost consciousness over asphalt, resulting in a subdural hematoma and subarachnoid hemorrhage, she was diagnosed with a seizure disorder and major depression. She knew she fell and hit her head, that something was wrong, but didn’t know what. She kept thinking it would go away with more sleep. Nobody referred her to any resources for help or support. Doctors obviously weren’t trained on how to address the long-term sequelae of brain injury or how to help someone who has had one. Deb didn’t want what happened to her to happen to others.
Deb decided to turn anger into something constructive; and, with the help of other survivors and some professionals, published five free newsletters to educate about brain injury. The demand for the publication was greater than expected so she decided to form a nonprofit organization. Thus, the Brain Injury Connection (BIC) was born. www.braininjuryconnection.org
This show is a gathering place for anyone seeking recovery from the challenges of life on life's terms. I introduce topics, and survivor's share their experience, strength and hope. We discuss useful tools that have helped us lighten the load, of our journey through recovery.
More will be revealed! Tune in, stop in and call in. This is a "we" recovery program, because it is in the "we," that we find the new "me."
We focus on the four A's of Recovery: Awareness, Acceptance, Action and Adaptation. This is a place for survivor's striving to become thrivers.
Front half of show is a featured guest. to join us in the discussion. The second part of the show is Open Mic and some great Indy Music, sure to inspire!
Host is Kim Justus, author of In a Flash: Miracles Here and Beyond found at www.inaflash.org & "Like" at www.facebook.com/inaflash.org
Please join Julie Kintz in welcoming Dr. Ana Durand, Rehabilitation Physician, Professor and Researcher from one of the Top Brain Injury research centers, Indiana University Medical School. We get a bonus for this show, Dr. Crystal Massie, Occupational Therapist, Assistant Professor and Researcher at Indiana University Medical School will also be joining us! Tune in, call in and together we can make a difference in the lives of so many.
Brain Injury Awareness
- What are they aware of where you are – hosted by Craig Sicilia
The Great things we do
Lots of adds are around, been watching and reading and listening everyone has the wrong impression of brain injury. In fact they are clueless and misguided and manipulated in many cases. the awareness has little to nothing to do with brain injury it has become a time to market you the survivor have the power to create real awareness, and do so share what you do in creating awareness tonight is open awareness night the great things we do.
So please call in and share so others can spread it around the world too.
Brain Injury Awareness
Add to Skype
You'll need Skype CreditFree via Skype
Join Host Live Chats
- Phoenix3333 (135 chatters)
- John Baptist (129 chatters)
- Bigfoot Hotspot (97 chatters)
- thelordshour (28 chatters)
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (25 chatters)
- Pine Ridge Warriors (20 chatters)
- The NIGGA CHURCH (19 chatters)
- Well Armed Radio (17 chatters)
- AnaMRueda (17 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (15 chatters)
- Gecko Nation Radio (14 chatters)
- HOV Radio (12 chatters)
- NTEB (12 chatters)
- The Invisible College Radio (7 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (7 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (6 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (6 chatters)
- vortexnetworknews (6 chatters)
- Olivia Wilder (6 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (6 chatters)
- Life Conversations (5 chatters)
- Rich Wilson (5 chatters)
- The Lions are Out the Cage (4 chatters)
- Two Moons Talking (4 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (4 chatters)
- LivingParanormal (4 chatters)
- On The Move with Mack Worley (4 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio Mass Media (4 chatters)
- Psychic Teachers (4 chatters)
- BBQSuperStars (4 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (4 chatters)
- Bill Murray (3 chatters)
- No to Port on Goat Islands Jamaica (3 chatters)
- OPWR (3 chatters)
- Xtreme Fantasy Football XFF Radio (3 chatters)
- Tarvino (3 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (3 chatters)
- The Alex Cardinale Show (3 chatters)
- SharonWAlker0 (2 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (2 chatters)
- LoveYvetteMarie (2 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (2 chatters)
- MKSPCG (2 chatters)
- Josh and Paul (2 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (2 chatters)
- Andrew Aloha (2 chatters)
- AmericanPatriotRadio (2 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (2 chatters)
- Enterpraisement Media Group (1 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)
- carsonscorner (1 chatters)
- CoffeeTalkWithChelle (1 chatters)
- A New Day 4 Al Islam (1 chatters)
- Black Whole Radio (1 chatters)
- Krsna Bhakti Radio (1 chatters)
- Lesley Mitchell Clarke (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- TJ Morris ET Radio Show (1 chatters)
- The Random Frequency Network (1 chatters)
- Warrior Women W2 (1 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (0 chatters)
- BLIF NETWORK (0 chatters)
- HHH Radio (0 chatters)