SORT BY Relevancy
It's about that time! The boys are back in town! Big Z, Jonny Pop, and Jerrod are all back on the air. We'll break down the NBA and Stanley Cup Finals and forecast the offseason ahead for Lebron and the Mavs. As well as some game of thrones talk! What a season four it was! So tune on in and enjoy some quality time with your best buds on internet radio!
One week after another BYB podcast full of talk of what's wrong with the Tigers, Al and HookSlide revel in their undefeated week, ask what has changed, are impressed by Rick Porcello and J.D. Martinez, appreciate Torii Hunter's honestly, and wave back at Ian Kinsler.
Bless You Boys Podcast 117 was recorded June 27, 2014, has a running time of 56 minutes, and features Al Beaton and HookSlide.
Things were looking dire last week. The Tigers had lost 3 straight to the Royals, dropping 1 ½ games back and appeared well on their way to 3rd place. Seven days later, the Tigers have 7 wins in a row, and are back to 4 1/2 games up in the Central. But what's changed in one week?
Rick Porcello is off to the best start of his career. Thursday night he tossed his first career shutout and second complete game, raising his record to 10-4 and lowering his ERA to 3.41.
Dave Dombrowski tells MLB Network Radio the team is confident Joe Nathan has turned the corner, and that if the Tigers do add bullpen help ahead of the trade deadline, it'll likely be for a seventh- or eighth-inning guy.
J.D. Martinez is named AL Player of the Week, and continues to bash the living Hell out of the ball.
The Tigers' corner outfield positions are getting crowded. Torii Hunter sees the writing on the wall and tells the media he is willing to take a part-time role if that's best for the team.
Ian Kinsler homered in his first at-bat in his return to Arlington, then waved to the Texas bench when running to first (with a huge smile on his face).Flying under the radar is Kinsler's bat, which has been just as hot as the Tigers named Martinez.
Tigers have reacquired Daniel Schlereth, assigning him to Toledo.
All that, and more!
The boys return podcasting from the heartland of American comedy, Chicago! Nick and Jesse get their feet wet again by talking about anything and everything from the recent late night shake-up and the recent passing of a star. Join them for this rare prerecorded episode of what is sure to be every comedy nerds wet dream. It feels so good to be back
The prodigal editor returns! The ever curmudgeonly Kurt joins Al and HookSlide to discuss a miserable week of Tigers baseball, including the odd use of Phil Coke, Danny Worth as a shutdown reliever and look through the remains in bullpen and at shortstop.
Bless You Boys Podcast 113 was recorded May 24, 2014, has a running time of 43 minutes, and features Al Beaton, HookSlide, and of course, Kurt Mensching.
Swept in Cleveland. But there's no reason for DOOM.
Don't blame the plane or Zubaz for the losing streak, blame the starting pitching.
The odd use of Phil Coke: Was it do to the team "trying to get him going" or "The Tigers' bullpen was so worn out, who else would you have used?"
The latest bullpen savior, Corey Knebel, is called up.
The Robbie Ray experiment was a success, but it was time for it to end.
Danny Worth, shutdown reliever.
Any solution at shortstop won't include Stephen Drew. But don't expect Hernan Perez or Eugenio Suarez to be the solution, either.
Prince Fielder to undergo season ending neck surgery, Ian Kinsler continues to impress. The Tigers will be winning the trade for some time to come.
Rumors of Dave Dombrowski becoming the next baseball commissioner won't go away.
Big Al and HookSlide commiserate over what has been an awful two weeks of Detroit Tigers baseball, including throwing players under buses, brutal slumps, assigning blame, more shortstop and bullpen talk and remembering that this too, shall pass.
Bless You Boys Podcast 114 was recorded June 6, 2014, has a running time of 64 minutes, and features Al Beaton and HookSlide.
We missed last week due to Al's medical issues and re-scheduling just not working out. Plus, we remembered how bad the podcast went the last time we tried to record the morning after a west coast night game.
The slump from HELL.
Which are the real Tigers - the team which played like the best MLB, or the worst?
A key to the slump is there has been no offensive production from the outfield over the past three weeks. Going into Friday's action, Austin Jackson and Torii Hunter have a lower OPS than Andrew Romine over the [past 3 weeks
Brad Ausmus has said the Tigers must get better play from the 5-through-9 spots in the batting order. If Ian Kinsler, Miguel Cabrera and/or Victor Martinez don't hit, the offense has been dead in the water.
Eugenio Suarez was called up from Triple-A Toledo and is expected to get most of the playing time at short over Romine. Is the Suarez experiment a panic move?
Joe Nathan has blown more saves and given up more home runs in 2014 than he did over the entire 2014 season as a member of the Rangers.
Did Nathan throw Nick Castellanos under the bus? Did Brad Ausmus handle the situation correctly?
Dave Dombrowski actually broke out from his comfort zone of drafting big, hard throwing right-handed pitchers in the first round of the MLB Amateur Draft by selecting a toolsy high-school outfielder, Derek Hill out of California. There have been comparisons made to a young Torii Hunter, as Hill projects out as a center fielder.
We want to welcome everyone to Berean Boys Radio, this is our first unofficial radio show. We will officially begin on January 6th 2014, however we are starting a week earlier to get a little more familiar with blogtalk radio.
Since this in not the official beginning of the show we thought it would be good to let you get to know more about who we are and the purpose for Berean Boys Radio. We hope to encourage and challenge believers in their walk with Christ to search the Scriptures daily.
We look forward to the upcomig weeks as we kick off the new year!
So Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from the team at Berean Boys Radio, God Bless!
- Defensive Position-By-Position Analysis
- Offensive Position-By-Position Analysis
- Introduction To The Podcast And Ourselves
- Coaching/Philosophy Changes
- Training Camp Preview
- Pre TC 53 Man Roster
This week the gang discusses Torii Hunter, Joe Nathan, Justin Verlander, the differences between Brad Ausmus and Jim Leyland, the lack of outfield production and HookSlide's visit to U.S. Cellular Field.
Bless You Boys Podcast 114 was recorded June 13, 2014, has a running time of 60 minutes, and features Al Beaton, HookSlide, and Kurt Mensching.
The losing continues.
Are the Tigers a highly flawed team playing to it's true level?
Grading out Brad Ausmus.
Would Jim Leyland have done anything differently?
Justin Verlander is struggling, but should we be worried?
Joe Nathan is no longer JOE NATHAN.
Torii Hunter has stopped hitting. How long can you wait before making any changes?
The 9th inning is the Tigers' Waterloo.
HookSlide's adventures at The Cell.
The gang is back together, recapping the first week of Detroit Tigers baseball. Al, Kurt and HookSlide talk TOOTBLANs, Brad Ausmus' strategy, Miguel Cabrera's 2000th hit, hiccups with instant replay, and sports talk radio hosts upset over paternity leave. Kurt also learns about the Dave Clark Five.
Bless You Boys Podcast 106 has a running time of 58 minutes and features Al Beaton, HookSlide, and of course, Kurt Mensching.
Undefeated! Walk off wins! Small sample sizes!
Brad Ausmus' strategy is compared to Jim Leyland's.
TOOTBLANs for everyone, especially Nick Castellanos.
Relief pitching starts to shake out.
Defense isn't great, but it's better than 2013.
Starting pitching remains dominant.
Offense doing enough to win, but it's no coincidence the Tigers start scoring runs in bunches when Miguel Cabrera's bat wakes up.
Working the kinks out of MLB instant replay. Then again, the NFL has had it for years and is still trying to get it right.
Sports talk radio hosts like Mike Francesa and Boomer Esiason make asses of themselves over the Mets' Daniel Murphy missing two games for paternity leave.
Well, you asked for it, and now we're going to take you up on it. Sunday the 13th at 7:00 p.m. Mad Mike and Bitchy Mitchy return to them there airwaves called the internet to bring you their zany, sometimes maniacal, just plain lunatic way of looking at the world. You remember our mantra's? Stupidity is Rampant, and Re-Elect No One! Well, the story has never been more true than it is today. We'll look at the world around us, from our own opinionated point of view of course, and we all know BM will have wacked out comments along the way. Not to mention, BM will probably call out a few folks, Lord only knows for what, but that's BM.
In an episode all about the Benjamins, Al and Hookslide cover the fallout from the Tigers' historic contract extension with Miguel Cabrera, Max Scherzer's contract negotiations ending in futility, the acquisition of ancient shortstop Alex Gonzalez and Forbes estimating the team's worth at $680 million.
Bless You Boys Podcast 105 has a running time of 1:03 and features Al Beaton and HookSlide. Kurt Mensching will be back next week.
Tigers, Cabrera formally announce 8-year extension, commit to 10-years and $292 million overall.
MLB execs disgusted over Miguel Cabrera extension.
Fans of advanced metrics are calling the Cabrera extension the worst contract ever. What a surprise!
But is it really that crazy of a contract in retrospect? $30 million may look like chump change in ten years.
Tigers were between a rock and a hard place. Let Cabrera walk in free agency, the fans get upset. Sign the best hiotter in the game to a contract locking him up for the remainder of his career, the fans get upset.
Tigers' GM Dave Dombrowski contended it's better to extend a pending free agent early on the process, believing a player is more likely to leave the longer you wait.
The Tigers may not be all that worried about the long-term ramifications of a contract extension thanks to the ridiculous amount of TV money MLB teams earn.
Max Scherzer and the Tigers cease contract negotiations.
Scherzer's agent Scott Boras claims it was the Tigers who rejected a deal.
Tyler Collins makes the team as a left fielder.
Tigers obtain shortstop Alex Gonzalez from the Orioles for utility man Steve Lombardozzi.
Forbes values Tigers at $680 million, 15th overall in MLB. Anyone else think that figure sounds low?
Doug Fister will start the season on the DL. The Tigers win the trade!
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (498 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (177 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (89 chatters)
- thelordshour (22 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (21 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (18 chatters)
- Bellesprit (17 chatters)
- Bio Individualized Medicine (17 chatters)
- Whispers from Heaven (15 chatters)
- Candelos Corner Radio (14 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (10 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (10 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (8 chatters)
- We Built That Network (7 chatters)
- ParaNation (7 chatters)
- dtm radio (7 chatters)
- Conservative Nation Radio (6 chatters)
- Bill Murray (6 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (6 chatters)
- The Captain0 (6 chatters)
- PonytailPatriot (6 chatters)
- TopSportsReport (6 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (5 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (5 chatters)
- Stupid Cancer Show (5 chatters)
- NBPP BLACK POWER RADIO (5 chatters)
- HitMan Ministries (5 chatters)
- HOV Radio (5 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (5 chatters)
- onlinewithandrea (4 chatters)
- Michael A McFadden (4 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (4 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (3 chatters)
- SpinSyndicate Radio (3 chatters)
- Stilettos And Convos (3 chatters)
- My Little Pony Talk (3 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (3 chatters)
- Life Coach Chat Channel (3 chatters)
- Arm Wrestling Nation Radio (3 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (3 chatters)
- The Literary Corner (3 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (2 chatters)
- The Grace View (2 chatters)
- VertiKal Live (2 chatters)
- WBAR NYC (2 chatters)
- Xpoze Radio (2 chatters)
- Eric Balkman (2 chatters)
- AirAmarteifioRadio (2 chatters)
- Fire Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- FoReRadio (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- Intuitive Guidance Lindsay Marino (2 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (2 chatters)
- GullahGeechee Riddim (2 chatters)
- Ohio Exopolitics (2 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (2 chatters)
- MKSPCG (2 chatters)
- Straitway (2 chatters)
- SSRN (2 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (2 chatters)
- Radio Enso (1 chatters)
- Random Brain Activity (1 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (1 chatters)
- Promoting Positive Art Expressions (1 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (1 chatters)
- Stickman RADIO (1 chatters)
- The Coffee Club (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Malone Hype Line (1 chatters)
- LadiesTellAll (1 chatters)
- JUST US RADIO NETWORK (1 chatters)
- Indy Showcase Radio (1 chatters)
- Get It Together Girl (1 chatters)
- Goddess Rhonda (1 chatters)
- CLNSRadio (1 chatters)
- Carole Gold (1 chatters)
- ExpandingU RADIO (1 chatters)
- Cross Walk Talk (1 chatters)
- Dr DREAM and Laura Eisenhower (1 chatters)
- Woman2WomanTalkingToMen (1 chatters)
- WordBeat (1 chatters)
- WWCRHost (1 chatters)
- Were Alive (1 chatters)
- Visual Thoughts Network (1 chatters)
- The GreenHouse FX (1 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- Time For A Awakening (1 chatters)
- Chicago Thunder (0 chatters)
- Forbidden Tears Radio (0 chatters)
- MASTERTEACHER33 (0 chatters)