SORT BY Relevancy
Discussion of the boxing world straight up with no twists. John Raspanti and Keith Thurman are scheduled to appear. John is our guest analyst and is the chief head writer of maxboxing.com & doughouseboxing.com. We will discuss the Floyd Mayweather Jr. VS Manny Pacquiao Superfight and Canelo's destruction of James Kirkland, as well as the upcomming fights and boxing news. Keith Thurman is one of the top fighters in the world and is scheduled to appear for an interview. Boxing News.
Discussion of the boxing world straight up with no twists. Chuck Giampa, John Raspanti and Bob Benent are scheduled guests. Chuck is a well respected judge who still works in boxing and we will discuss the appointed officials of the Floyd Mayweather Jr. Vs. Manny Pacquiao Superfight. John Raspanti is is the chief head writer of maxboxing.com and doghouseboxing.com. John will offer his opinion on the big fight as well as the big heavyweight fight this past weekend and the Hall of Fame ceremonies in California. Bob Bennet is executive director of the Nevada Athletic Commison and he will discuss the decsion of the officals of the big fight. Boxing News.
Discussion of the boxing world straight up with no twists. Zac Pomillio, Abel Sanchez and Darnell Boone are scheduled to appear. Zac will be our guest analyst, he has been a matchmaker in boxing for years and has worked with many well known boxers. Abel is the trainer of Gennady Golovkin and he will talk about GG'Gs next fight against Willie Monroe Jr. Darnell is a boxer who has fought all the top fighters and was recently victorious against a young prospect Phillip Jackson Benson. We will discuss the boxing action of last weekend and talk about the upcomming boxing action including the big Heavyweight Championship between Wladimir Klitschko and Bryant Jennings. We will also discuss the announced officials for the May 2nd showdown between Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Manny Pacquiao. Boxing News.
Discussion of the boxing world straight up with no twists. John Raspanti, The Mad Boxing Genius, Al Bernstein & Doug DeWitt are scheduled to appear. John and The Mad Boxing Genius are the guest analysts. John is the head cheif writer of maxboxing.com and doughouseboxing.com, Joseph The Mad Boxing Genius Torres is a freelance boxing writer. We will discuss the wild boxing weekend, the 30th Anniversary of Marvelous Marvin Hagler vs. Tommy Hearns, and this weekend's fights, headlined by the promised slugfest of Ruslan Provodnikov vs. Lucas Matthysse. Al Berstein is one of the great boxing voices of all time and he will also discuss The Fight(Hagler vs. Hearns) as he was there ringside calling the fight 30 years ago. Doug DeWitt is a former middleweight champion and one of the more entertaining and skilled boxers of the 80's and 90's. Boxing News.
Wednesday, May 27, at 9PM ET/6PM PT, FightSaga Radio presents another "Double Header" of boxing conversation, featuring fight legends Don Chargin and Ronnie Shields, sponsored by Affordable Dentures!!
Kicking off tonight's 90 minute program, six decade matchmaker and promoter Don "War a Week" Chargin will talk about the business of boxing, and how one bad business decision can drastically affect any promising fighter's respective career.
- Mikey Garcia
- Andre Ward
- Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- Brandon Rios
"The Don" of boxing will also talk about 50 Cent's recent bankruptcy petition for his promotional entity, SMS Promotions.
- Why do so many promoters have a hard time adapting and succeeding in the sport of boxing?
- What is the future of 50 Cent's promotional outfit?
- Will Fiddy be able to work his way into the "black" eventually?
The Hall of Fame promoter will also talk about the status of Canelo vs. Cotto and how Miguel's performance on June 6th could affect this proposed super fight!!
At the 30 minute mark of the program, FightSaga Radio will be joined by elite level trainer Ronnie Shields!! The talented, veteran boxing coach will give listeners his take on all of the latest news within the boxing community!!
- Chavez Jr. with Robert Garcia...success or failure?
- Froch vs. Golovkin...to be or not to be?
- Cotto's future in the sport...three more fights?
- Khan vs. Algieri...can the kid from Huntington, New York be able to pull off the upset on Friday, May 29th?
Tune in to another special double header with Don Chargin and Ronnie Shields, exclusively on FightSaga Radio!!
Discussion of the boxing world straight up with no twists. Ron Christian is scheduled as our guest analyst and boxers Regis Prograis & Ivan Redkach are the featured guests. Ron is boxing historian and announcer fron The City of Brotherly Love. We will discuss Adonis Stevenson's big win and this weekend fights, headlined by Peter Quillin vs. Andy Lee and Danny Garcia vs. Lamont Peterson. Prograis and Redkach are two young boxers on the rise and we will interview them straight up with no twists. Boxings News.
Discussion of the boxing world straight up with no twists. Jeff Bumpus joins the show as our guest analyst. Jeff will break down this past boxing weekend as Gary Russell Jr. broke out in a big way against tough veteran Jhonny Gonzalez. Jeff will also give his take on some of the big fights coming up including the Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao bonanza. Joey Dawejko stops by to discuss his bigh fight with Amir Mansour. Boxing news.
Wednesday, May 13th, at 5PM ET/2PM PT, FightSaga Radio presents a special "Boxing Double-Header", featuring Hall of Fame promoter and matchmaker Don "War a Week" Chargin, and elite level trainer Ronnie Shields, in one exclusive 90 minute program!!
To kick off tonight's singular presentation, the six decade fight promoter will discuss the future of Canelo Alvarez and Golden Boy Promotions. After scoring a huge ratings success on HBO, Saturday, May 9, the Mexican favorite seems destined for boxing super stardom.
Mr. Chargin will also share his thoughts on Al Haymon, the Mayweather/Pacquiao fallout, as well as potential super fights between Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto, and Gennady Golovkin.
At the 30 minute mark of the program, elite level trainer Ronnie Shields will join the program!!
The Houston,Texas based boxing coach will talk about the passing of infamous prizefighter Tony Ayala and his unfulfilled career within the sport. Mr. Shields will also discuss the upcoming, packed fight calendar.
- Gennady Golovkin vs. Willie Monroe Jr., May 16 on HBO
- James DeGale vs. Andre Dirrell, May 23rd on NBC
- Robert Guerrero vs. Aron Martinez, June 6th on NBC
- Erislandy Lara vs. Delvin Rodriguez, June 12th on Spike TV
- Miguel Cotto vs. Daniel Geale, June 13th on HBO
- Hassan N'Dam vs. David Lemieux, June 19th, network TBA
- Adrien Broner vs. Shawn Porter, June 20th, NBC
- Tim Bradley vs. Jessie Vargas, June 27th, HBO
Tune in to this special boxing radio "Double Header" on FightSaga Radio!
Discussion of the boxing world straight up with no twists. Ron Christian will serve as our guest analyst this week and Christian Giudice serves as our guest of the week. Ron will discuss the new ESPN deal struck with Al Haymon and the upcomming boxing weekend headlined by Jhonny Gonzalez vs. Gary Russell Jr. Christian Giudice is a writer who has writien acclaimed books on Roberto Duran and Alexis Arguello. Boxing news.
Discussion of the boxing world straight up with no twists. Zac Pomillio and Ron Christian are scheduled to appear. We will discuss the return of boxing to network television. Adrien Broner and Keith Thurman were the big winners of the night, but what does it mean for the future of the sport? One of boxing biggest stars, Sergey Kovalev, returns to action as he takes on Jean Pascal. This fight is taking place on Pascal's home turf. Sergey has been in this postion before and has done well, can he do it again this weekend? Boxing News.
Sunday, May 24, at 9PM ET/6PM PT, FightSaga Radio presents a special "Future of the Heavyweight division" edition of "Boxing 411 with Joseph Herron and Rodney Green", featuring Heavyweight contender and Klitschko head trainer Johnathon Banks, sponsored by Affordable Dentures!!
The Detroit, Michigan based fighter and coach will expound on the landscape of the Heavyweight division.
- Alexander Povetkin TKO1 over Mike Perez
- Will Povetkin travel to the United States to compete for the WBC title against Deontay Wilder?
- Would Wilder consider defending his title in Russia?
- How does "Wilder vs. Povetkin" eventuall play out in the ring?
- Is there an "expiration date" on Wladimir Klitschko's dominant Heavyweight reign?
- How does a fight between Klitschko and Tyson Fury eventually play out, and how close is the fight to being announced?
- Who is the future of the Heavyweight division or biggest threat to Wlad's throne? Wilder, Fury, Povetkin, Joshua, etc?
The always astute Mr. Banks will also talk about the opening of the new Kronk Gym in the greater Detroit area!!
- What does this mean to the boxing community in Detroit, as well as the fight community abroad?
- Was the legendary Emanuel Steward able to prepare Johnathon for training duties as Klistchko's head coach?
After the prolific fighter and trainer exits the 90 minute show, Joseph and Rodney will review this past weekend's fight action on NBC and ESPN.
- James DeGale UD12 over Andre Dirrell, for the IBF Super Middleweight Championship
- Edwin Rodriguez TKO3 over Craig Baker
- Andrey Fedosov TKO8 over Donovan Dennis
- John Thompson TKO2 over Brandon Adams
Join us for an all new episode of "Boxing 411 with Joseph and Rodney", featuring boxer and trainer Johnathon Banks!!
Wednesday, April 15, at 6PM ET/3PM PT, FightSaga Radio presents an exclusive "PBC business model" edition of "Boxing Legends with Don Chargin"!!
The six decade promoter and matchmaker will talk about the pros and cons of Al Haymon's "Premier Boxing Champions" and why it may or may not be the best thing for the health of boxing.
- Should Haymon and company be more focused on cultivating ticket sellers and regional attractions?
- What is the potential long term result of paying fighters well above their perceived market value?
- Should fans be 100% supportive of this endeavor?
- How does PBC's monopoly of network dates affect other promoters and their fighters?
- Is a PBC monopoly in boxing inevitable?
- What will happen to the different ranking systems and sanctioning organizations?
- Will the fans of boxing have a lesser or greater voice with the Haymon business model?
For the answers to all of these questions and more, tune in to another edition of "Boxing Legends with Don Chargin"!!
Join Host Live Chats
There are no live chats in progress