SORT BY Relevancy
Bobsleigh or bobsledding is a sport of exhilarating but dangerous speed (up to 90 mph or 145 kph). In this winter sport, teams of two or four make timed runs down a narrow, banked, twisting, icey track in a gravity-powered sled. Timed runs are combined to calculate the winning score.
Women’s bobsleigh competition began in the US in 1983 with two demonstration races in Lake Placid, New York. Two woman bobsleigh made its Olympic debut at the 2002 Winter Olympic Games. Bobsleigh is also contested at American, European, and World Cup championships.
Winter is coming and so is the sport of bobsleigh. Wear your gloves and mitts and slide into the conversation with Olympic silver medalist Shelley-Ann Brown LIVE on Wednesday December 19th, @ 7PM EST at BEYONDtheCheers on blogtalkradio. Dial-in TOLL FREE 1-877-357-2448 in Canada and United States to ask a question, or email in advance.
Bobsleigh or winter sport in which teams of two or four make timed runs down narrow, twisting, banked, iced tracks in a gravity-powered sled. The timed runs are combined to calculate the final score.
Bobsleighs can attain speeds of 150 km/h (93 mph). The record is 201 km/h (125 mph) -- a record the United States Bobsled and Skeleton Federation repeatedly rejected as valid due to lack of documentation still to be presented.??
We are joined by Nick Cunningham to fill us in on the world of bobsledding, what it takes to make it and how to visualize your run prior to actually doing it and much more. Listen in on this prerecorded show Wednesday, February 5th, @ 7PM EST at BEYONDtheCheers on blogtalkradio.
Join your host Marcia Johnson as she discovers what it takes to make it to the Olympics.
Christina Smith is an Olympian and Pioneer in the sport of women's bobsleigh. Smith was the first pilot to represent Canada with brakewoman Paul McKenzie at it's inaugural Olympic Winter Games in 2002. Smith debuted as television analyst for women's bobsleigh racing during CTV's broadcast of the 2010 Olympic Winter Games on site in Whistler, Canada. This season, Smith was appointed as Head Pilot Coach for Team Monaco and Team Jamaica on the Men's America's Cup Bobsleigh circuit. Smith is the founder of PushStart Organization, a motivational speaker, entrepreneur, business owner & author of her new book PushStart.
Check out her website: http://www.pushstart.org/ Follow her on Twitter: http://twitter.com/PushStartGo Find her on Facebook: http://ow.ly/1rXN9
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (125 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (45 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (23 chatters)
- reactionariez (20 chatters)
- Deliverance Today Pastor John Kyle (19 chatters)
- Yada (18 chatters)
- Straitway (15 chatters)
- Bellesprit (15 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (13 chatters)
- thelordshour (13 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (12 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (8 chatters)
- Pine Ridge Warriors (8 chatters)
- Native Trailblazers (8 chatters)
- Black Whole Radio (8 chatters)
- The Portal (7 chatters)
- RFB Radio WOW (6 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (4 chatters)
- Jaimie Hope (4 chatters)
- Jay King Network (4 chatters)
- Bill Murray (4 chatters)
- Aquatic Wetline (4 chatters)
- Christian Farm and Homestead (4 chatters)
- EPiphany The 4REALRADIONETWORK (3 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (3 chatters)
- Universal School Of Thought (3 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (2 chatters)
- The Emily Pearls Show (2 chatters)
- World Wide Resistance Radio (2 chatters)
- YHWH The TRUE NAME (2 chatters)
- AmericanPatriotRadio (2 chatters)
- Aquarian Radio (2 chatters)
- Frat House Sports (2 chatters)
- Ohio Exopolitics (2 chatters)
- Salvation In Jesus Ministry (2 chatters)
- Soul Empowerment Radio (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (1 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (1 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (1 chatters)
- AOW Productions (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (1 chatters)
- The Paranormal and The Sacred (0 chatters)
- Hezekiah L Montgomery (0 chatters)