SORT BY Relevancy
Bluegrass is known for not being the most sophisticated form of music. People think it is all hillbillies and hay bales, which may be true at some points. But, the majority of bluegrass has a unique sound, different than any other genre. It is not country nor folk. Bluegrass is bluegrass. It's instruments, in a typical band, include a violin (fiddle), an upright bass, a banjo, a guitar and a mandolin. But how did bluegrass start? Well, listen to find out.
WILDFIRE was formed in 2000 and quickly became one of the most talked about groups in the bluegrass music industry. The band has many years of musical and performance experience, with Robert Hale on lead vocals and guitar, Curt Chapman on bass, and Johnny Lewis on banjo. Newest band members include established mandolin player and vocalist, Chris Davis along with accomplished fiddle player and vocalist, Greg Luck. By mixing their original songs and telling ballads, their complete dedication and love for their music, and their artistic spontaneity, Wildfire takes listeners on a journey that will spur emotion and excitement. They promise a powerful show that will please everyone from traditional bluegrass lovers to the contemporary young fans of today.
Bluegrass crowd-pleasers, Carolina Road recently released their self-titled cd, Lorraine Jordan & Carolina Road, their highly anticipated album with Pinecastle Records. Their previous release, Back To My Roots, achieved commercial and critical success, charting on Bluegrass Music Profiles TOP 30 SINGLES, and TOP 10 ALBUM Chart and reaching #1 on the Bluegrass Unlimited Charts.
The band’s distinct sound and old time flair can be attributed to the bluegrass-rich area of North Carolina from which they hail and borrow their name. As the founding member and band leader for Carolina Road, Lorraine Jordan’s showmanship and chemistry with the audience makes the group one of the most popular bands among bluegrass fans today. Lorraine, who has garnered two IBMA Awards, has fronted Carolina Road for over a decade and has eleven national recordings to her credit. The band has earned a reputation as one of the hardest working bands in bluegrass. Carolina Road plays worldwide and headlines two National Blue Grass festivals, Christmas in the Smokies and Cherokee. They have hosted the Canadian Bluegrass Awards, toured Europe and played twelve Blue Grass cruises. Carolina Road’s performance is a traditional sound with a fresh approach which includes invigorating instrumentals, smooth blending vocals, and all the energy that you can stand.
Todays Guest Artist: LARRY SPARKS & THE LONESOME RAMBLERS
The High Lonesome sounds of Bluegrass Music sets it apart into a special place of it's own. The hard driving sometime gentle tone and harmony, beautiful voice's blending together in harmony as the song spell's out praise, worship, and dedication to God. Bluegrass Gospel can promote a toe tapping, hand clapping or a somber moment into the heart & soul. the High Lonesome sound of Bluegrass Gosple Music can not be replaced, in it's awesome delivery of the artist who sing and live their Music
The very best in Bluegrass Gospel Music & Artist, this original sound of America from the hollows and hills of the south. The blend of voices in harmony and the instruments, and that awesome high lonesome sound called Bluegrass makes it different from the other music venue's.
Today's Guest Artist: The Gospel Plowboys
CONTACT: (734-644-7044) Shade Tree Bluegrass@gmail.com
The best in Bluegrass Gospel Music, the old and the new. America's Original High Lonseome sound plus the toe tapping, hand clapping, and joyful sound of bluegrass harmony, that makes you want to hear more.
Today's Guest Artist: Doyle Lawson & Quicksilver
Howcee Productions Gospel "Bringing Families Communities and Churches Together" Music gospel music. What is gospel music? What is the common factor in all gospel music? that is sang played written regardless of what genre. The answer God (The Father) The Son (Jesus) The Spirit (Holy Spirit The Holy Ghost The Comforter) We play all style of music in one place. We will cover all elements of the human being. We will minister to the whole man. Come join us. In "Bringing Families communities and Churches Together" read more
Peter Nye joins Mary E., for this lively discussion about the roots of Bluegrass music, and Peter's role in preserving live music as a cultural norm.
Peter Nye is a singer song writer and founder of The Chicago Bluegrass Band. A multi-instrumentalist playing guitar, banjo and bass, Pete has toured Scandinavia, the EU and the US. His musical style is varied and includes: Celtic, C&W, Jazz, Blues and Rock. He is described as simply a bold man on stage, a fantabulous flat picker and lead singer with a gritty music sensibility honed by years of playing country music roadhouses.As a veteran performer with over thirty years on the Midwest music scene, Pete delivers a powerful vocal performance complimented by sizzling flat-picked leads and rock-solid rhythm work. Peter began cultivating his musical skills at the age of 13 playing the local Honky-tonks around Chicago.
Folks ask; "Where do you play?"...well, they've played a variety of venues, from a Sauna Festival in Finland to the Indiana State Penitentiary, and most everything in between.
- 2005 INDIANA STATE CHAMPION BLUEGRASS BAND
CBB, indi release "STEELRAILS IN THE TENNESSEE NIGHT" - 1999
CBB, Indi release"THE LAST GOODBYE" - 2005
Chicago Magazine described Peter Nye & The Chicago Bluegrass Band simply: “Hot as Hell!!”
The Best of the old & new artist of the American Music from the hills of the south, the high lonsome sound called Blue Grass. We have lost two great artist this past week, Jerry Sullivan of the Sullivan Family & James Shelton of The Clinch Mountain Boys, the band of Ralph Stanley. Curley Seckler of New Grass, had a second stroke this week, he is a Bluegrass Icon, many years he was a member of the Foggy Moutain Boys with Flatt & Scrugg.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (166 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (79 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (39 chatters)
- Yada (30 chatters)
- reactionariez (28 chatters)
- thelordshour (17 chatters)
- Medium Renee Richards (16 chatters)
- Straitway (14 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (12 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (12 chatters)
- Native Trailblazers (11 chatters)
- Deliverance Today Pastor John Kyle (10 chatters)
- ExpandingU RADIO (9 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (7 chatters)
- Bellesprit (6 chatters)
- In Christ Alone Ministries (6 chatters)
- RFB Radio WOW (5 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (4 chatters)
- EPiphany The 4REALRADIONETWORK (4 chatters)
- Omni Media Tribe Network (4 chatters)
- The NTuned Show (3 chatters)
- George Ramirez (3 chatters)
- Bill Murray (3 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (3 chatters)
- nXphase Records (3 chatters)
- Jay King Network (3 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (3 chatters)
- MCRMedia Marlins Country Radio (2 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (2 chatters)
- Power Of The Harvest (2 chatters)
- Amen Communications Network (2 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (2 chatters)
- The Captain0 (2 chatters)
- Station IWDM (2 chatters)
- The Being Talk Radio Network (1 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (1 chatters)
- The Resistance United Radio (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- Grudge Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- History Guys (1 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (1 chatters)
- Autistic People (1 chatters)
- bridge to Humanity (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Radio Kids0 (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (1 chatters)
- Michael Anthony Johnson (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- mashahba (1 chatters)