SORT BY Relevancy
Michelle Huntting will be interviewing Christina. Christina Lee works to educate shelters, rescues, breeders and deaf dog owners about how wonderful raising a deaf dog can be with consistent training and socialization. She is a full time blogger/writer who networks, promotes and lists deaf dogs available for adoption all over the United States. Christina is the founder of Deaf Dogs Rock a non-profit corporation she and her husband Chris Lee launched in 2011 after they adopted their first deaf boxer puppy Nitro. Their mission is to help deaf dog owners find information, training resources and bring together the deaf dog community to support and help each other. Christina and her deaf dog Nitro have been featured on ABC News, American Dog Magazine, Salem Times Dispatch, Roanoke Times and World News and many local magazines.
In 2012 DeafDogsRock.com was awarded the highest honor in Salt Lake City Utah with the BlogPaws Nose-to-Nose Pet Blogging and Social Media Award for Best Cause Blog of 2012. Christina lives on a farm in Virginia with her husband Chris, her two deaf boxers, three hearing dogs and three horses.
Sponsored by: Kenyon Canine Institute
You will learn all about deaf dogs and many misconceptions with the organization Deaf Dogs Rock and two super deaf dog stars McGrady and Cloverton. Learn how full a life these dogs have, how to train a deaf dog, how they communicate, and more.
DeafDogsRock.com takes pride in featuring deaf dogs from all over the United States who are in need forever homes. We highlight each deaf dog by putting up a detailed description of the deaf dog along with contact information for potential adopters to get in touch with each individual or organization to try to find these wonderful dogs forever homes. www.DeafDogsRock.com
"My name is McGrady and I am an approximately 7 yo black tri-colored Australian Shepherd who just so happens to be deaf. Actually, my Mom says I'm really D.E.A.F, that means Dependable-Eager-Agile-FUN...and it just so happens that I can't hear you @ all. "
"Hi, my name is Cloverton. I'm a 5 year Old English Sheepdog. I'm also deaf.
Every year, thousands of deaf puppies and dogs are euthanized for no other reason than because they're deaf. Dad and I want to help show the world that deaf dogs are wonderful companions and capable of doing everything that a hearing dog can. "
Also joining us is Susan Davis who will be talking about physical therapy for pets.
Please follow our Facebook page and join our forum.
Its Time Fantasy Football Addicts!!!
Join J.D. and The Franchise on the Fantasy Big Dogs Radio Podcast tonight as we will be hosting a special Fantasy Football Draft Lottery Show for our Fantasy Big Dog Gold League and The Battlegroundz Vengeance League.
Sit back and enjoy as Fiendin GMs get excited to know their draft order to run and get some pre-draft trades done. Show starts @9pm.
Join J.D. and The Franchise on the Fantasy Big Dogs Radio Podcast tonight as we will talk the AFC Division, Blount and Bell (Pittsburgh's Cheech and Chong), Preseason Gems around the league and a little open mic on your post draft and mailbag questions.
Sit back and relax as the Big Dogs break it on down. Show starts @8:00pm. Open mic starts at 9:00
We speak to Antoine Hunter, Artistic Director and Founder, Urban Jazz Dance, about DEAF LOUDER: The 2nd Bay Area Deaf Dance Festival this weekend, Friday, August 8 and Saturday, August 9 at 8pm; Sunday, August 10 at 4 pm at Dance Mission Theatre in San Francisco. DEAF LOUDER proudly presents a festival that celebrates deaf culture. There will be dance, poetry, song and rap by deaf and hearing performers. Starring Def Motion from London, Michelle Banks, Fred Beam, Joey Antonio, Rosa Lee, and Antoine Hunter. Other performers include James L. Taylor the 3rd, CODA Brothas, Sister Master, Half N Half, Deaf ASL singer Tonique Hunter and poet Joy Elan Sledge.Tickets: $25 For a discount use the code: “DeafLouder” (for an $18.00 ticket at Brown Paper Tickets); $12 for children 10 and under). For groups of 5 or more contact Ms. Stella Adelman 415-826-4441 firstname.lastname@example.org
There will be a special workshop Saturday with Michelle Banks at EBCPA in Richmond and Sunday from 12-2 there will be dance workshops at Dance Mission and a conversation witht the artists. Visit http://www.antoinehunter.blogspot.com/ Antoine Hunter is an African American Deaf and Hard of Hearing Choreographer, Dancer, Dance instructor, model, actor and poet. He has performed and taught all over USA and all over the world such as, Rome, London, Cuba, Africa. He also has performed with Savage Jazz Dance Company, as dance artist/performer/jazz instructor. He is a faculty member at EBCPA, Dance-A-Vision, Youth In Arts, Shawl and Anderson Dance Center, Ross Dance Company, just to name a few.
We close with an interview with director, Lacey Schwartz whose film Little White Lies closed the SFJFF this Sunday and now is screening a few more times. Visit Aug. 7 (PARK 7 p.m.), Aug. 8 (RAF 3 p.m.): www.thelittlewhiteliethefilm.com or sfjff.org and 415-621-0523.
Brian Dickinson served for six years as a US Navy Air Rescue Swimmer before he moved to the Pacific Northwest to get his MBA and pursue his passion for extreme sports and mountain climbing. He has climbed in expeditions on the highest peaks of the seven continents, including Mount Everest, with the majority of climbs in the Cascade Mountains, near his home. He uses his climbs to help raise money for charity and as an opportunity to share his faith with others around the world. Brian, his wife, JoAnna, and their children, Jordan and Emily, live in Snoqualmie, Washington.
ABOUT BLIND DESCENT:
Alone and blind at 29,000 feet!
Former Navy rescue swimmer Brian Dickinson was roughly 1,000 feet from the summit of Mount Everest—also known as “the death zone”—when his Sherpa became ill and had to turn back, leaving Brian with a difficult decision: should he continue to push for the summit, or head back down the mountain? After carefully weighing the options, Brian decided to continue toward the summit—alone. Four hours later, Brian solo summited the highest peak in the world. But the celebration was short-lived. After taking a few pictures, Brian radioed his team to let them know he had summited safely, and got ready to begin his descent. Suddenly, his vision became blurry, his eyes started to burn, and within seconds, he was rendered almost completely blind. All alone at 29,035 feet, low on oxygen, and stricken with snow blindness, Brian was forced to inch his way back down the mountain relying only on his Navy survival training, his gut instinct, and his faith. In Blind Descent, Brian recounts—in fantastic detail—his extraordinary experience on Everest, demonstrating that no matter how dire our circumstances, there is no challenge too big for God.
The Total Neil Haley and Blake Robinson will interview Quinton Aaron, best-known for his portrayal of Michael Oher, "Big Mike" in the blockbuster movie, The Blind Side, now dedicates himself to sharing his experiences, finding meaningful solutions, and helping children who find themselves victims of bullying and childhood obesity. Quinton's approach, openly and honestly dealing with these issues, has already proven tremendously successful. Aaron and his foundation started delivering his anti-bullying message in October of 2012 and since then, he and his team have visited countless schools, churches, and anti-bullying programs around the country. In 2015, The Quinton Aaron Foundation intends to bring its message to the entire world in the form of the first ever, "Anti-Bullying World Summit." For more on The Quinton Aaron Foundation visit www.QuintonAaron.org.
We are opening with an interview with Antoine Hunter, Artistic Director and Founder, Urban Jazz Dancechoreographer, teacher, deaf advocate and creative force behind DEAF LOUDER, the Bay Area's 2nd Annual Deaf Dance Festival this weekend at Dance Mission in San Francisco, Fri., AUG 8 &, AUG 9 at 8pm; Sun., AUG 10 at 4 pm. There will be dance, poetry, song and rap by deaf and hearing performers. Starring Def Motion from London, Michelle Banks, Fred Beam, Joey Antonio, Rosa Lee, and Antoine Hunter. Other performers include James L. Taylor the 3rd, CODA Brothas, Sister Master, Half N Half, Deaf ASL singer Tonique Hunter and poet Joy Elan Sledge.Tickets: $25 For a discount use the code: “DeafLouder” (for an $18.00 ticket at Brown Paper Tickets); $12 for children 10 and under). For groups of 5 or more contact Ms. Stella Adelman 415-826-4441 email@example.com There will be a special workshop Saturday with Michelle Banks at EBCPA in Richmond and Sunday from 12-2 there will be dance workshops at Dance Mission and a conversation with the artists.
For all Deaf Louder Festival details visithttp://antoinehunter.blogspot.com/
Host Cyrus Webb welcomes author John Florio to Conversations LIVE to discuss his literary journey and the book BLIND MOON ALLEY.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (499 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (34 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (33 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (33 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (25 chatters)
- MN.B.R.T. (24 chatters)
- The Oracle Speaks (24 chatters)
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (23 chatters)
- Namaste Farms (23 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (20 chatters)
- Healing Light Radio (20 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (17 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (17 chatters)
- StarChasr (14 chatters)
- The Lions are Out the Cage (14 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (12 chatters)
- HisWordHisWay (12 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (10 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (10 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (10 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (9 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (9 chatters)
- eWrestling Radio (8 chatters)
- Shifting Times Radio (8 chatters)
- The Seika Network (7 chatters)
- Live with Shirley (6 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (5 chatters)
- Rifleman (5 chatters)
- Packers Talk Radio Network (5 chatters)
- Curious Times (5 chatters)
- drkate (5 chatters)
- dtm radio (5 chatters)
- EnlightenmentEvolution Network (5 chatters)
- Erotic Talk Radio (5 chatters)
- Talking Terror Presents (5 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (5 chatters)
- TonyWolfPaw (4 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (4 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (4 chatters)
- Raw Sex (4 chatters)
- Restoring Your Reality (4 chatters)
- Mystic Light and Shadows (4 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (4 chatters)
- Jamie Roxx (4 chatters)
- Get Real LOL uncensored reality tv (3 chatters)
- MASTERTEACHER33 (3 chatters)
- men empowered (3 chatters)
- Relationships360 (3 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (3 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (3 chatters)
- Ohio Exopolitics (3 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (3 chatters)
- Enough Iz Enough (3 chatters)
- Dr PrincessOdilia (3 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (3 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (3 chatters)
- The Liberal Redneck (3 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (3 chatters)
- The Rad Reality Show (2 chatters)
- The Captain0 (2 chatters)
- The Crystal Show (2 chatters)
- SURN Host (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- Big Ticket Talk wX The Curtsy Crew (2 chatters)
- Radio Akasha (2 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (2 chatters)
- Growl Radio (2 chatters)
- KLJN 107 7 (1 chatters)
- LadiesTellAll (1 chatters)
- God In The Midst (1 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- NDB Media (1 chatters)
- Non Partisan Liberty For all (1 chatters)
- Omega Man Channel 2 (1 chatters)
- Quagmire America (1 chatters)
- Rapture Ready Radio (1 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- Ask the Theologian (1 chatters)
- Barbershop Sports (1 chatters)
- BBQSS Sports Network (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (1 chatters)
- Enterpraisement Media Group (1 chatters)
- Iconici Radio MMA (1 chatters)
- FFN On The Air (1 chatters)
- G Konsciousness Radio (1 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (1 chatters)
- DungeonCrawlersRadio (1 chatters)
- Terrachat Net (1 chatters)
- The View from Montana (1 chatters)
- The Love Zone USA (1 chatters)
- The NTuned Show (1 chatters)
- The Program Returns (1 chatters)
- WDC DA MOVEMENT (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)