SORT BY Relevancy
Volunteers for the Blind (VFB) is a non-profit organization almost four years ago, VFB moved to Fredericksburg. This area has much more of a community of professionals who are blind. Based on what she learned during VFB’s first four years of operation, Miss Frisch thought the organization could better serve the population here and make a more meaningful contribution. VFB is a non-profit organization that works with the blind to provide needed assistance.
Miss Frisch is a member of the National Federation of the Blind, the Stafford Rotary Club and the Greater Falls Run Lions Club. She is a past president of the National Federation of the Blind of the District of Columbia and the Alexandria West End Rotary. Currently, she is the secretary of the Greater Fredericksburg Area chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of Virginia.
1. VFB helps blind individuals residing in the Fredericksburg area by matching them up with reading and shopping assistants.
2. Since we are not a profitable organization, we do not charge people.
3. We receive our funds through donations and sales.
4. VFB has an internship program that gives blind individuals an opportunity to work in an office setting.
5. One important task I have my interns help with is creating our monthly newsletter.
6. We’re a very closely knit family, and we are very devoted to the people we serve. In return, we have people who are very devoted to helping us.
If you would like to learn more about this organization please reach out to them.
Volunteers for the Blind, 1101 Caroline Street, Suite 1, Fredrickesburg VA 22401
Phone: 540-899-8847 Web site: www.volunteersfortheblind.org
“A dead body is a lousy way to end a first date.”
So begins In the Country of the Blind, a modern noir tale that takes readers into the world of former attorney-turned building superintendent Zach Brandis. When Zach abandoned his promising legal career, it confused everyone, including himself. Now, with no apparent purpose in life, he has time enough on his hands to get into some very hot water.
Matthew Arkin is a critically acclaimed actor, an acting teacher, and a recovering attorney. He attributes his skill for crafting dialogue and creating characters to his more than forty-five years of experience on stage, television, and film, and to reading approximately one suspense thriller per week since he was a young child.
Following the advice of one of his moms, author Barbara Dana, to "write what you know," Arkin created Zach Brandis and the novel In the Country of the Blind. Like Zach, Arkin gave up a career as a lawyer. Like Zach, he was born, raised, went to law school, and spent most of his life in and around New York City. It is his love affair with the city, as well as his experiences as a former attorney and victim of cult abuse, that allow him to approach Zach's story with such a high degree of depth and realism.
For more information, visit matthewarkin.com. To sign up for his newsletter, visit http://matthewarkin.showbizsender.com/subscribe/join/y2g6y9
John 9:10, 11 Therefore said they unto him, How were thine eyes opened? He answered and said, A man that is called Jesus made clay, and anointed mine eyes, and said unto me, Go to the pool of Siloam, and wash: and I went and washed, and I received sight.
So much can be gleaned from this passage.
Blind? DON"T STAY THAT WAY !
Discouraged? DON'T STAY THAT WAY !
" " ...
Sunday 3 p.m.
Main Ministry Website:
John 3:16 Ministry Website:
THANK YOU TO ALL THE MINISTRY SUPPORTERS !
THANK YOU ! !
There are far too many blinded eyes among the Church today, and it is time to bring sight to the blind... Welcome to the UnCommon Christianity podcast, affectionately known as The UCC Show!
You can send us feedback and or questions at AskUCCShow, call in at 347.989.8865, tweet us @UCC_Show, send us a message via facebook.com/uccministries or join us in the live chatroom- And there will be more ways to contact us in the future!
Join us once a week as we review current events, answer questions, provide commentary on social happenings, and more. This may be one of the most informational, fun, and thought-provoking two hours of your day- Join us and participate!
Check out BeNotCommon.com, and join us here weekly for a show you definitely won't want to miss!
There seems to always be a scapegoat to take the brunt of responsibility for most Individual's action(s) ....or lack of it thereof! (...Always wanted to say that.)
"Love" situations are no exception to this general tendency....
As a matter of fact, these 'Love" situations or concerns may have been the creative catalyst that literally gave life to this ever-living "scapegoat" - now conveniently applied elsewhere also...
For example, the clitche "Love Is Blind," case-in-point, takes center stage here....
The real question is, though, can an emotion really ever see?
Did Love have vision at one time, and have now lost its ability to use this sense of site? No!
Or is it that lack of self-control is given the term 'Love" so that it can be blamed for the decisions and actions that individuals take in the name of LOVE?
Something to think about!
Something worth talking about?
We say, "Hell Yes!"
Join Jahwie and Nalagy as we discuss.
Tonight we talk about vision loss and denial. Three outstanding vision loss professionals: Anna Dureas of the New York State Commission for the Blind; Kate Grathwol of Vision Loss Resources in Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota and Dr. Bruce Rosenthal of Lighthouse Guild Low Vision Service will talk about both the emotional and physical challenges of losing vision--and what people can do to maximize what they have.
We will also be taking listener questions.
Ana Dureas has worked in the vocational rehabilitation field for more than 18 years. She is currently District Manager of the White Plains region of the New York State Commission for the Blind. She is certified as a Rehabilitation Counselor and has a license in Mental Health Counseling.
Kate Grathwol, PhD, is a nationally known educator of professionals in the vision loss field. She is also President and CEO of Vision Loss Resources, the leading providor of rehabilitation, support and referral services for visually impaired people in Minneapolis and St. Paul, MN.
Dr. Bruce Rosenthal is Chief of the Lighthouse Guild Low Vision Service, Adjunct Professor at Mt. Sinai Hospital as well as Adjunct Distinguished Professor at the State University of New York.
We are asking mind blowing questions tonight on the jrilshow. The QOD: If you were going blind, what 3 things would you like to see? Hmmmmmm think about it! Plus we promise that the Listening Lounge will be on tonight. Come get your mid week laugh on tonight...on the jrilshow Wednesday edition!
C Fox is on the air doing a solo show in the Flick-Notes.com "Talkin' Flicks" podcast. Tonight, he will talk about "The Blind Side" (2009) with Sandra Bullock, Tim McGraw, Quinton Aaron, and Ray McKinnon and also Quentin Tarantino's "Django Unchained" from 2012 starring Jamie Foxx, Kerry Washington, Christopher Walz, Samuel L. Jackson. Find out what C Fox liked and didn't lkike about each movie and what he took away from both. No holds barred.
Join Host Live Chats
- The Portal (19 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (12 chatters)
- 63289 (8 chatters)
- HOV Radio (7 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (7 chatters)
- TruthRadioNetwork (7 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (6 chatters)
- CSU Talk Radio (5 chatters)
- SHRAonair (5 chatters)
- The Yehudah Project (4 chatters)
- Sports Card Live (4 chatters)
- Patriot Family (4 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (3 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Cubanarama (3 chatters)
- FulfilledRadio (3 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (3 chatters)
- Hickory Paranormal Radio (3 chatters)
- WHATS GOING ON by the UAC (3 chatters)
- The Moorish Light0 (2 chatters)
- LibertyRules (2 chatters)
- LiveParanormal History FM (2 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Broad Street Line (2 chatters)
- JASmius (2 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (2 chatters)
- MoonMaid Botanicals (1 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (1 chatters)
- onlinewithandrea (1 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (1 chatters)
- Rockin Country Radio (1 chatters)
- Salvation In Jesus Ministry (1 chatters)
- Takeover Tuesday (1 chatters)
- The Artists Loft (1 chatters)
- The Conversation Cafe (1 chatters)
- BUZZARDSKORNER OF LOVE (1 chatters)
- BishopGeraldScott (1 chatters)
- bridge to Humanity (1 chatters)
- Everything Kathy B (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Live (1 chatters)
- USA Emergency Broadcasting Network (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)