SORT BY Relevancy
Dr. Maisha I. Handy, a native of Chicago Illinois, began her journey through higher education at Lincoln University (MO) and received her Bachelor of Science degree in 1989. After relocating to Atlanta, Georgia, she received the Master of Divinity degree with honors from Candler School of Theology, Emory University (1994) and the Ph.D. degree in Religion from Emory University (2002). Dr. Handy is currently Associate Vice President of Academic Services/Associate Provost and Associate Professor of Christian Education at the Interdenominational Theological Center in Atlanta, Georgia. As professor, minister, activist, Dr. Handy is committed to the struggle for justice and liberation and was selected as the Womanist Scholar in-residence for the year 2005-2006 through the Office of Black Women in Church and Society at ITC. She also served as Co-Program Coordinator for the Youth Hope-Builders Academy for high school students of the ITC, Lilly Endowment (2002-2007).
In this episoe we speak to one half of the legendary rap duo UGK - BUN B. He will speak on what he has been doing with his career and how he feels about the happenings with our youth.
His thoughts of the George Zimmerman Verdict, and what we can do to save future young black youth from the streets and different negetive fates.
Join co-hosts Eric Komoroff (www.communityofunity.org) and Dr. Jason Stein (iRyze.com) as they discuss the impact of the legalization of marijuana and other drugs on our youth, their attitudes and their behavior. How to address the headlines concerning drug legalization with our young? What resources might be found in and out of school to help families with drug issues? These questions and more will be covered.
This week's topic is balancing family and ministry. Our special guest is Jake Kircher. Jake is a youth pastor, author, and US Representative for We Love Our Youth Worker. He and his wife, Melissa, are the authors of 99 Thoughts on Marriage and Ministry. Jake's work can also be seen bi-weekly in his blog for Simply Youth Ministry
This week's episode focuses on the Pastor/Youth Pastor relationship. What every youth pastor should know and what every pastor wished you knew. Special interview with Rev. William Fisackerly. Rev. Fisackerly began his ministry career with youth and is currently the lead pastor at Gulf Cove United Methodist Church in Port Charlotte, FL.
This week's show is all about parenting. If you have kids in your youth group you also have parents! Also, tips on being a parent while being a youth leader. This week's special guest is ESPN radio personality Freddie Coleman. Mr. Coleman is a nationally syndicated sports radio host, a man of faith, and a parent! Join us for this awesome interview. This week's show will air live at 10am.
Join Host Eric Komoroff (www.communityofunity.org) and special guest-host, Shard Pierre, in their discussion of our youth and their social and emotional life at middle school, which is a critical time for identity, growth and maturation.
Shard Pierre has been teaching in NYC public schools for 11 years. Originally from Dominica, he has called New York home for the last 15 years, and he is currently a Design for Life teacher at New Design Middle School in Lower Manhattan.
Jason Stein, PhD. (iRyze.com), who regularly co-hosts the show will be return next week.
TO DEVELOP AND DEFEND BLACK YOUTH: The New Black Panther for Self-Defense recognizes the good qualities and leadership potential in Black youth. We seek to help them to become leaders and defenders of our community. The future of our nation depends on this so-called lost generation. The history of the liberation struggle shows us Black youth at the forefront. We excitedly welcome Black youth into our ranks. We call for an end to gang violence and an end to Black on Blac
Reflections of Troy Davis with words defined as we remember Micheal Jackson,and Florence Griffith Joyner.
Listen live from online or from your phone call 347-677-0616.
With Quest Youth Radio members Arron Sherrod, Madrid Smith, Keenya Logan, and facilitator Mr. Bey.
For Interviews or Comments Contact Us:
Join Host Live Chats
- Radio Jihad Network (14 chatters)
- USA Emergency Broadcasting Network (13 chatters)
- BDSIR NETWORK (10 chatters)
- The Rad Reality Show (7 chatters)
- Tune In Tomorrow (6 chatters)
- AwakeningYourSoul w Diahanna (5 chatters)
- CSWF RADIO HOST (5 chatters)
- Gracie DeBrock (5 chatters)
- GradeGov (4 chatters)
- LBeasley Network (4 chatters)
- Lit Authors Showcase (3 chatters)
- Everything Kathy B Frank Stylz (3 chatters)
- Know Thyself Radio (3 chatters)
- N Plain English (3 chatters)
- Omega Man (3 chatters)
- BishopGeraldScott (3 chatters)
- BodyMindSpiritNtwrk (2 chatters)
- Chef Cardinales Cooking Show (2 chatters)
- Diane Grimble Ministries N Friends (2 chatters)
- Patriot Family (2 chatters)
- LA Batchelor (2 chatters)
- MRX SYCAMORES PLACE (2 chatters)
- Front Deck Entertainment (2 chatters)
- Inner Child Radio (2 chatters)
- International Life Coach Radio (2 chatters)
- MCR Media Sports Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- Tribulation News (2 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (2 chatters)
- This Is Infamous Radio (1 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (1 chatters)
- SmartMarkRadio (1 chatters)
- Straitway (1 chatters)
- Tarhaka (1 chatters)
- The Ascending Word Power Hour (1 chatters)
- The Christian Sportsman (1 chatters)
- We are TOPS (1 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (1 chatters)
- MoonMaid Botanicals (1 chatters)
- Kerri Edelman (1 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (1 chatters)
- Pro Wrestling Torch (1 chatters)
- Dr Ed Moloney (1 chatters)
- Because Hope Matters Radio (1 chatters)
- GullahGeechee Riddim (1 chatters)
- HitMan Ministries (1 chatters)
- In The Cut (1 chatters)
- church chat (1 chatters)
- Comedian Dave Arena (1 chatters)
- AirAmarteifioRadio (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio1 (1 chatters)
- American Statesman (1 chatters)
- Ariel X Lion of God (1 chatters)
- Ask Lordiel (1 chatters)