SORT BY Relevancy
June : Employment and Blacks in the Workplace
According to the Washington Post since the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) started reporting unemployment by race over 42 years ago, blacks have always been unemployed at a higher rate than whites. According to the August 2014 BLS unemployment number, blacks had an unemployment rate of 11.4% which is twice that of whites (5.3%).
According to Diversity Inc. There are six Black CEOs of Fortune 500 companies, accounting for 1.2% of all Fortune 500 CEOs.
June is focused on employment as well as diversity in the workplace. It is well known that diversity is lacking at the top of many of the companies we support. We are not asking for positions, we are saying where are the mentors who are already there and how can we craft more leaders? Many of us have experienced working twice as hard to still be in the same position and know the feeling of training folks who then become our boss. It is not okay that a company has 30% of its employees who are minorities and less than 10% in upper management. We have to call diversity in the workplace to carpet and challenge companies to do better. Employment also means lowering the unemployment rate, by ensuring that individuals in our neighborhoods know how to fill out an application, have interview skills, and know the simple basics of searching for a job. These are simple steps we all can take.
Bill has been rather vocal related to Black people in america and what ails us, he has been held up by white america for the things he has said, denigrating and putting down the people who supported him to the place he sits. Still He is a Black man, does he not deserve our support?
Why suddenly the witch hunt, why has white america chosen THIS time to bring this forward, is it Distraction from the Mike Brown case??
How about the OJs and Bill Cosbys that have seemingly abandon their own once they sat at the table of whites, do these people still deserve our support or do we let them get chewed up by the master they snuggled beneath?
Hope & Healing: A journey to Wholeness (TALK RADIO) Listen or speak to host: (323) 784-9638
J R Thicklin HOST.....Jay Discusses The Ferguson Decision and how it may affect America, violence and The Family.
I'm sure most of you saw the video of the woman in Baltimore disciplining her son who thought he was going to riot with his friends. I'm sure more of you remember the Adrian Peterson case of yesteryear. I'm sure even more of you are either a black man, a sibling of a black man, or a parent of a black man. In what ways have you seen parents of black men go right and wrong? Are Adrian Peterson and the woman in Baltimore out of line or does it take ruthless, tough love to adequately prepare a man for a ruthless, tough world?
Join me and father, youth worker Maurice King this week for.. "How to Raise a Black Son in America" on The Erik Terrell Show.
This installment of The Forbidden Fruit will look at the subtle affect of white privilege on Black America. With the current social unrest moving throughout the country, the opinions are racially divided. Some people are quick to address the riots as an isolated incidents and not the by-product of a much bigger and more complex problem. How can you ask Black America to forget the past, suck it up and move on? The past is the past, so leave it there..right? Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it. Subtle White Privilege can be more dangerous than in your face racism. We all need to get along, but at the same time, we have to understand our differences. It's politically correct to say that you don't see color, but is that healthy? Let's address this issue head-on and not just let it fester. There has been a lot of hurt that has been swept under the rug. That rug is getting awfully bumpy.
What white america is asking black america to do, is like an angry mob breaking into your house, rapping the women, beating the men, stealing all the valuables in the house, then setting it on fire, and then a week later showing up and asking you to just don't ever mention it again and suck it up and move on. Yes, you can suck it up and move on, but some very important steps are missing. The attacker never owned up to it, nor did he apologize, nor did he offer to make it right economically. He just expected you to pull yourself up by your own bootstraps, when you didn't have any boots to start with. I think we need this talk here on The Fruit.
Calll in number is 347-202-0492
Our show email address is AppleBrain@Live.com
Join Host Live Chats
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (42 chatters)
- War on the Horizon Live (39 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (15 chatters)
- thelordshour (14 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (14 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (13 chatters)
- Ancestor Healing Chronicles (11 chatters)
- Candelos Corner Radio (10 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (9 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (8 chatters)
- Laura DiPrete (8 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (7 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (6 chatters)
- Papa CE (5 chatters)
- The Dump and Chase Podcast (4 chatters)
- The Freedom For All Network (4 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (4 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (4 chatters)
- American Statesman (4 chatters)
- Janet M Taylor (4 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (4 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (4 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (3 chatters)
- Bill Murray (3 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Starz Psychics Network (3 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (3 chatters)
- My Little Pony Talk (3 chatters)
- True Psychics Network (3 chatters)
- The Truth About Church (2 chatters)
- Universal Energy (2 chatters)
- HOV Radio (2 chatters)
- SmartMarkRadio (2 chatters)
- CinnamonMoon At Night (2 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (2 chatters)
- AverageBlackMan (2 chatters)
- BeTheLightRadio (2 chatters)
- Frat House Sports (2 chatters)
- JoelHenard (1 chatters)
- Coach Cafe (1 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (1 chatters)
- NextPhaze Radio (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (1 chatters)
- The Larry Stevenson Show (1 chatters)
- The Poetry Concert (1 chatters)
- The Initiative Radio Network (0 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (0 chatters)