SORT BY Relevancy
Our basic format and structure is from a black male centered discussion, but we welcome female guest and bloggers input. We feel the need to fill the void in the family discussed from a male centered viewpoint.
This show explores and addresses the disparaging rates of decline of the Black Family today and historically.
We will address the Incarceration rates through the Prison Pipeline. We welcome the victims of this system to call-in. ie... Inmates or the offspring of the inmates and the mates of these so-called offenders.
We will address the so called dead beat dads and why has the system stereotyped most black men into this definition and labeled them such.
We address the changing state of affairs with the global economic fluctuations and how it directly negatively impacts the black family.
We will also present the positive aspects of the Black family today from marriages to successful dating and successful parenting from conventional multiple parent homes to successful sinlge parent setup.
We will also discuss how the childsupport works and what it expects from us as males and what the child needs and the female mother of the child needs and how we can bridge the gap as men.
We will have deep spiritual discussions as it relates to our historic role as male role models through our historic and traditional spirituality and how we can lead our families from it.
This podcast discusses the symptoms of fatherless daughters during adulthood and provides tips on how to overcome many of the obstacles they face.
The title of the book referenced in this episode is "Whatever Happened to Daddy's Little Girl?: The Impact of Fatherlessness on Black Women" by Jonetta Rose Barras.
Episode correction: Next live show will be airing September 14th at 8am Pacific and 11am Eastern.
Below is the private investigation company I used to find my father. I provided them minimal information but they found him and provided lots of contact info on him:
1 (888) 949-6996 ext. 217
During our discussion of interracial relationships many issues were raised regarding the reasons black men and women choose to date other races. As many households today are run by single black mothers that brought up the question: how do you repair the black family? What is necessary for men to reclaim their roles as head of the black family?
Open readings, interviews, fun, laughter, and most of all lots of love!!! Sistahs With Purpose is about being passionate about what we believe in, so yes don't miss this episode. It's going to be mind blowing and heart warming all at the same time. We shall always reach one and teach one!!
See ya soon, Why & Yani
Call in #773-897-6297
Welcome to ABM (All Black Meditation) Radio. On this episode we discuss the black family in the context of racism. How did we reach the statistics that label the black family, the lack of community and the stereotyped social stigmas of today? What this means and how we can improve. We discuss this and more.
According to an article on YourBlackWorld.net based statistics provided by the Urban Institute, the state of the African-American family is worse today than it was in the 1960′s. Furthermore the article states that in 1950, 17 percent of African-American children lived in a home with their mother, but not their father. By 2010 that had increased to 50 percent. In 1965, only eight percent of childbirths in the Black community occurred out-of-wedlock. In 2010 that figure was 41 percent; and today, the out-of-wedlock childbirth in the Black community sits at an astonishing 72 percent. The number of African-American women married and living with their spouse was recorded as 53 percent in 1950. By 2010, it had dropped to 25 percent.
On BlackDemographics.com In 2010 48.8% of black men are “never married” compared to 45.2% of black women which is up from 44% in 2008 and 42,7% in 2005. Black men marry white women at twice the rate of Black women only 8.5% of married Black men had White spouses in 2010 up from 6.6% in 2005. 10.8 percent of African American men married outside their race in 2010 also up from 8.4% in 2005. Black women were the least likely to marry outside their race at only 4.6% in 2010.
Family can make us all a little bit crazy and trying to work together can send us over the edge. Do you mix family with buisness? We want to know. Feel free to post your responses on our Facebook pagehttps://www.facebook.com/IntimacyAndColour
Join us live Sunday March -8th -2015 at 11pm as we explore the answer to this question: Why is working with family so challenging?
Call in with your opinion at (646) 915-9198 11pm.
Tune in to the Innovative Black Men show as we take a closer look at the family structure in the twenty first century.
The conversation starts at 7PM (CST) 8PM (EST)
Call/listen (347) 324-5327
"Your Radio Your Conversation"
IT'S THE LAST FULL OF FLAVA TUESDAY OF THE MONTH &
WE ARE IN THE LOCKER ROOM FOR OUR MANLY DISCUSSION ON
THE "DECONSTRUCTION OF THE BLACK FAMILY"...
When we are young, we were taught that Mom and Dad live together with their children live happily ever after, Right? Well if this is the case, why are so many of our Black families separated? What is keeping them from reuniting as one? The answer might actually surprise you.
Join Phone Fantasy Radio on January 27th @ 9:00pm EST in "The Locker Room" for a roundtable discussion of the "Deconstruction of the Black Family". We will feature a panel of intelligent individuals who will share their opinion on why the Black Family remains divided. Call in to offer your opinion to 805-830-8320 or log into our virtual live chatroom atwww.phonefantasyradio.com. Click on the LIVE tab and submit your comments via internet. We hope to see you there!
What does it mean for the Black Community to just love whites more and everything will be better?
Is there modern day cooning going on today?
Do we have to sell out and appeal to other races to make it in any given Profession, especially the media?
Are Soap Operas like Empire the answer to the cultural void in the black community, or do we need feel good shows like "The Cosby Show" to uplift the ratchet behavior in the black community.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (497 chatters)
- John Baptist (82 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (27 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (18 chatters)
- thelordshour (17 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (12 chatters)
- C Robert JonesPhD (12 chatters)
- CRYPTOLOGIC (11 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (11 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (9 chatters)
- Bill Murray (8 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (8 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (7 chatters)
- JoePrichRadio (7 chatters)
- FWrestling and EFed Guerillas (6 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (5 chatters)
- The Road Hawgs Radio Network (5 chatters)
- The Sensuous Mystic Sex Spirit (5 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (4 chatters)
- thedean (4 chatters)
- New Spirit Radio Show (4 chatters)
- Tarhaka (4 chatters)
- alexas29 (4 chatters)
- dburt aka Afronerd (3 chatters)
- DDP Radio (3 chatters)
- Thats Novel (3 chatters)
- ShadySykes (3 chatters)
- MCMJimmy (3 chatters)
- True Psychics Network (3 chatters)
- The Captain0 (3 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (3 chatters)
- The Tea with Rie (2 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (2 chatters)
- Witch School (2 chatters)
- OPWR (2 chatters)
- Rod Eccles (2 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (2 chatters)
- Barry Secrest (2 chatters)
- AltCon Radio (2 chatters)
- 63489 (2 chatters)
- Dirtyredz (2 chatters)
- Life Coach Radio Network (2 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ and TIFF (2 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (1 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Get It Together Girl (1 chatters)
- JackNewtown (1 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (1 chatters)
- FSF Radio (1 chatters)
- EON Network (1 chatters)
- Everything Kathy B (1 chatters)
- Fire Weekly (1 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (1 chatters)
- AirWavesAmerica (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- ALL NATIONALIST NETWORK (1 chatters)
- All of the Places we ve Been (1 chatters)
- Bobby Brown Bail and Beyond (1 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (1 chatters)
- Challenging the Rhetoric (1 chatters)
- Root Cause Radio (1 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (1 chatters)
- The ANSWERS Show (1 chatters)
- sun752 (1 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (1 chatters)
- REAL MEN SPEAK (1 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (1 chatters)
- Relax Let Go Be with Charles (1 chatters)
- ROADTOSTARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (1 chatters)
- MKSPCG (1 chatters)
- The Poetry Concert (1 chatters)