SORT BY Relevancy
With the amount of kids being born out of wedlock, siblings not knowing/getting along with each other, single parent homes, lack of conversation, multiple entertainment avenues that are not indicative of family etc, it has me wondering about today's Black Families. What happened to the Black family? Are the black families better or worse than they were in previous generations, etc?
"Human Rights Demand" offers a series of broadcasts for Black History Month 2015 entitled "Secret War on Black America and Victims' Families," which began in late January. During live broadcasts each Wed. in February at 9pm EST, please call (347)857.3293 to speak on air. Black History Month shows are rebroadcast on Sundays at 3pm EST. Today's program is a rebroadcast of our January 28th show, Part 1 in the Black History Month 2015 series.
Numerous relatives and friends of African American victims of oppression have found themselves in the position of heightened oppression for complaining about their relatives' victimization. This is also true of non-relatives who the system perceives as being potentially threatening to its cover-ups and denials of justice.
A pdf of the original article "Secret War on Black America and Victims' Families" (rev. 2) is at
For a partial list of affected persons, see "Secret War on Black America and Victims' Families - Black History Month at Human Rights Demand"
In one urgent case, the parents of Kendrick Johnson face immediate prosecution. Johnson, 17, was killed in his Georgia high school, and his organs were stolen.
Family can make us all a little bit crazy and trying to work together can send us over the edge. Do you mix family with buisness? We want to know. Feel free to post your responses on our Facebook pagehttps://www.facebook.com/IntimacyAndColour
Join us live Sunday March -8th -2015 at 11pm as we explore the answer to this question: Why is working with family so challenging?
Call in with your opinion at (646) 915-9198 11pm.
JOIN US TONIGHT FAMILY AS BE DISCUSS THE STATE OF THE BLACK FAMILY. WE ARE GOING TO DEAL WITH THE SYSTEM OF CHILD SUPPORT. IS IT FAIR TO THE MAN? HOW IS THE FAMILY STRUCTURE ATTACKED BY THE SYSTEM OF RACISM WHITE SUPREMACY..AND HOW IT TURNS THE BLACK MAN AGAINST HIS WOMAN AND VICE VERSA. JOIN US FAMILY TONIGHT 9PM AS WE GO IN ON THE DESTRUCTION OF THE BLACK FAMILY!
MORE ON THE MAYWEATHER/PACQUAIO FIGHT AND THE CONTROVERSY SURROUNDING PACQUAIO’S SHOULDER INJURY.
ALSO, THE QUESTION OF WHETHER THE KNIFE IN THE FREDDIE GRAY CASE WAS LEGAL OR NOT IS DISCUSSED, AS WELL AS OTHER DEVELOPMENTS IN THE CASE.
PLUS, MORE ON THE IRAN DEAL AND ATTEMPTS BY THE GOP TO AMEND IT.
The Hushmo Black Forum follows current events and news relevant to the African American community. The moderator initiates thought-provoking discussions and conversation for the listing audience throughout cyberspace . Members and guests of Hushmo’s online public forum are diverse individuals who have passionate insights and perspectives on African American issues that range from day-to-day life, politics, media, history, books, sports, entertainment, style, beauty and more.
The forum features a blog for members to post comments and interact. Writers highlight everything from movies and celebrity fashion to local human interest stories and lifestyle advice.
The Hushmo Black Forum airs online on Blog Talk Radio every Saturday at 7pm. On Blog Talk Radio, Hushmo Black has taken an in-depth look at the prolific African American activist W.E.B Du Bois. Hushmo Black has also reviewed and discussed Jimmy C. Cameron's newly released book “RACISM and HATE: an AMERICAN REALITY” and his first book "The Water Boy: The Life and Trials of Jimmy C. Cameron," which documents the life of Jimmy C Cameron and the Cameron family history in the state of Georgia covering some 230 years and windup centering on an epiphany he had when wounded in the Vietnam War in 1966."
Visit The Hushmo Black Forum and stay up-to-date on the latest in African American culture. When you become a member, you're embracing new friendships and a community to share stories and opinions.
"Like" The Hushmo Black Forum on Facebook and join "The Watering Hole," the place to quench your knowledge thirst!
Hosted By: LaShawn Allen-Muhammad
Who were the first Black Elected Officials? During the month of November, as the country gears up to re-elect or vote in the next wave of politicians, Black Reconstruction will revisit the Reconstruction era to pay homage to the Black Men who came before Obama. During this tumultuous time, Blacks not only established townships, they also positioned themselves to be an integral part of government.
At a Glance.. In 1855, Brownhelm Township, founded by Col. Henry Brown, gained notoriety throughout the U.S, when the township elected an African-American to government office. The NY Syracuse Daily Journal, May 31, 1855 reported that John Mercer Langston was a fugitive slave who had been elected clerk. Brownhelm's early residents had long been known for their strong anti-slavery stance; and Col. Henry Brown's home on the Lake Shore was often a final stop on the Underground Railroad, before reaching Canada by boat. African-American Firsts: Government
Local elected official: John Mercer Langston, 1855, town clerk of Brownhelm Township, Ohio.
State elected official: Alexander Lucius Twilight, 1836, the Vermont legislature.
Governor (appointed): P.B.S. Pinchback served as governor of Louisiana from Dec. 9, 1872-Jan. 13, 1873, during impeachment proceedings against the elected governor.
U.S. Representative: Joseph Rainey became a Congressman from South Carolina in 1870 and was reelected four more times.
U.S. Senator: Hiram Revels became Senator from Mississippi from Feb. 25, 1870, to March 4, 1871, during Reconstruction.
There have only been a total of five black senators in U.S. history: the remaining two are Blanche K. Bruce [1875-1881] and Barack Obama
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- John Baptist (76 chatters)
- HINDSIGHT (55 chatters)
- ANGRYFANS RADIO 1 (47 chatters)
- Jennifer Hough (29 chatters)
- New Spirit Radio Show (21 chatters)
- Supernatural Radio (17 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (16 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (14 chatters)
- thelordshour (13 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (11 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (8 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (7 chatters)
- MCMJimmy (7 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (7 chatters)
- thedean (6 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (6 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (5 chatters)
- Dominick Calvitto (5 chatters)
- AirWavesAmerica (4 chatters)
- Bill Murray (4 chatters)
- Candelos Corner Radio (4 chatters)
- dburt aka Afronerd (4 chatters)
- The Psychic Surgeon (4 chatters)
- Thats Novel (4 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (4 chatters)
- Mystical Awakenings Radio (4 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (4 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (3 chatters)
- ShadySykes (3 chatters)
- DDP Radio (3 chatters)
- Body of Christ (3 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (3 chatters)
- Gnosis Kardia (3 chatters)
- Barry Secrest (3 chatters)
- FanSportsandPolitics (2 chatters)
- All of the Places we ve Been (2 chatters)
- Chick Shyt (2 chatters)
- True Psychics Network (2 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (2 chatters)
- Witch School (2 chatters)
- MistyFredricks (2 chatters)
- Littany (2 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ and TIFF (2 chatters)
- RestoreAustralia (2 chatters)
- OPWR (2 chatters)
- Odwirafo (1 chatters)
- Saiful Haqq (1 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (1 chatters)
- MKSPCG (1 chatters)
- Xclusive Jamz Nation (1 chatters)
- USA Emergency Broadcasting Network (1 chatters)
- Side Kick Pro (1 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (1 chatters)
- The ANSWERS Show (1 chatters)
- The Star Chamber (1 chatters)
- Bridge Between Two Worlds Radio (1 chatters)
- Canadian Moto Show (1 chatters)
- Black Whole Radio (1 chatters)
- allah team (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (1 chatters)
- ANT Radio Network (1 chatters)
- iAdvocate Radio (1 chatters)
- LettesChat (1 chatters)
- EON Network (1 chatters)
- Everything Kathy B (1 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)
- Gary R Davenport (1 chatters)
- Get Right Radio1 (1 chatters)
- Top Star Hip Hop Radio (0 chatters)