SORT BY Relevancy
Four years ago I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder. In that one moment my entire life changed as I knew it. For years I had been diagnosed as having Major Depressive Disorder. I never once dreamt that I would end up with a bipolar disorder diagnosis. I swore up and down that I did not have bipolar disorder. It wasn't until I educated myself and learned as much as I could about this illness. With that information, I knew I was armed to fight it! I now have come to a place where not only do I accept my illness, but I'm reaching out to other parents who have bipolar disorder as well.
Richard Jarzynka, host of this show, is the author of Blessed with Bipolar. He proclaims that "If you could pick which mental illness to have, bipolar would be the only sane choice." He insists that there are positives to the experience of bipolar - in spite of the agony - and that there are blessings in all suffering.
Richard completed his masters degree in psychology from Duquesne University while he was involuntarily committed to a psych ward. He later attended law school on a full, merit-based scholarship - until the Dean expelled him one day after learning that he has bipolar. Richard then represented himself in a Federal Lawsuit against the school prior to writing Blessed with Bipolar.
In another lifetime he earned a football scholarship to Georgia Tech. Today, the Pittsburgh Pirates are the only sports team that he cares about. They have not had a winning season since 1992. But hope springs eternal for this bipolar optimist.
On this episode, Richard will discuss his Sept. 1 speaking event with the National Alliance for Mental Illness at the Erie Insurance Plaza in Erie, PA. And whatever else catches his interest.
I cracked-up - for the first time - three weeks prior to completing my Masters Degree in Psychology. 20 years later, I say, "If you could pick which mental illness to have, Bipolar would be the only sane choice."
Be Informed, Be Entertained, Be Inspired: Be Blessed with Bipolar!
If you could pick which mental illness to have, bipolar would be the only sane choice!
Richard Jarzynka (Ya'Zhynka) has bipolar disorder, hosts this show, and insists that he has been blessed with bipolar. He discusses not only ways to overcome bipolar, but how to use the symptoms for success. He operates a bipolar support group on Facebook and speaks to groups about living successfully with bipolar.
The show also informs, entertains, and inspires on the subjects of Christianity, politics, the Pittsburgh Pirates, psychology, and whatever else may spontaneously capture the bipolar imagination of the frequently hypomanic host.
Is the stigma of mental illness decreasing?
I am NOT a survivor of bipolar disorder.
Messing Up Everything - a chapter of my book, Blessed with Bipolar.
Pittsburgh Pirates win two in a row over fist-place Atlanta Braves.
And anything else that captures my bipolar imagination on the spur of the moment.
The show is always a celebration of thriving with bipolar, but I wasn't feeling so "thriving" for a couple of days last week. It was hard to remember that blessings don't always feel good. Somebody reminded me of my own words, "This too shall pass." Thanks, Marilu, it did.
We are here to listen and learn from one another. Please call in and know that there is no judgement passed on this program and we all know what eachother are dealing with battling these illnesses on a daily basis. I hope this is just the kick off to a great new program and outlet to help those suffering have alternative options and new ideas to help them grow and have better understanding of this disorder. Thank you and enjoy.
Join Host Live Chats
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (34 chatters)
- MIKE MILLZ RADIO (33 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (24 chatters)
- BeverlyD (19 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (17 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (13 chatters)
- Odwirafo (13 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (12 chatters)
- Prophecy Quake (8 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (8 chatters)
- Fresh Fire Prayer LineBrother Kay (8 chatters)
- E3 Radio (7 chatters)
- IDECLAIR (7 chatters)
- Rated G Radio (4 chatters)
- Heroes 101 Radio (4 chatters)
- Bikers of America (4 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (3 chatters)
- RLS Network (3 chatters)
- SURN Host (3 chatters)
- InThePaint (3 chatters)
- Psychic Reflections From Starcrafts (3 chatters)
- thelordshour (3 chatters)
- timmknight (2 chatters)
- WorldOfInkNetwork (2 chatters)
- Zaiyahs House (2 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (2 chatters)
- The Night Time Fiasco (2 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (2 chatters)
- SandyRodgers (2 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (2 chatters)
- Brian Treybig (2 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (2 chatters)
- 5 Smooth Stones (1 chatters)
- HomeTeam (1 chatters)
- Elovation Radio (1 chatters)
- cathies DistantEchos (1 chatters)
- Connections with Cindy Sommer (1 chatters)
- Books Life and Stuff (1 chatters)
- Be Not Deceived Radio (1 chatters)
- R-I-G-H-T MIND RADIO (1 chatters)
- Talk2Q (1 chatters)
- NDB Media (1 chatters)