SORT BY Relevancy
The CMO of a biotech is like no other job in the world. The CMO is not only responsible for delivering on clinical trials, but also is a key player in the company's fundraising efforts.
From the Chief Medical Officer Summit, please join co-chairs Dr. Greg Fiore, CMO of the The Medicines Company and Dr. Steven Zelenkofske, CMO of Regado together with opening presenter Dr. Tyler Martin, CMO & Founder of Great Plains Biotechnology, to discuss the role of the CMO and how to best manage it.
What should a CMO be focused on? Functioning with restrictive capital Supporting a CEO who does not have experience in the therapeutic area you are in charge of The great balancing act
Linda Peacock is currently an Infusion Account Manager for a global biotech company. Linda’s role is educating healthcare professionals in hospitals, infusion centers, and offices in a large territory in the Northeast. An accomplished health management professional with extensive clinical expertise within the hospital, specialty pharmacy, pharmaceutical and biotech industries, Linda'
Tom Levenson - filmmaker and Prof of Science Writing at MIT - hosts Emily Anthes. They'll discuss animals and biotechnology. In her just released Frankenstein's Cat: Cuddling Up to Biotech's Brave New Beasts, Emily explore's how genetic engineering, cloning, prosthetics, neural implants, and other technologies are shaping the future of the world's wild things. Along the way, she investigate more than a few strange critters, including a glow-in-the-dark cat, a bionic bulldog, and a remote-controlled cyborg beetle. Follow @emilyanthes @tomlevenson @sherryreson (Producer) Links: http://emilyanthes.com/
Join Tom Ross, President of The Palm Beach Business Group- The group is sponsoring its Second Annual “Biotech Breakfast at the Breakers”, November 16, 2012. A quasi-public report of Scripps Research Institute, Max Planck Institute, the Vaccine & Gene Therapy Institute Florida (VGTI) Florida, and the Torrey Pines Institute for Molecular Studies. The success of these four world renowned institutes has a dynamic effect on the economy of South Florida, as well as the future health o
One out of a hundred of us are psychopathic, according to experts. One out of a hundred! And while it’s true that 20% of our prison populations are comprised of psychopaths, the majority are non-violent. Think Bernie Madoff and Anthony Weiner, not just Hannibal Lecter. You can find them everywhere: in the office next door, at school, or while dating.
New York Times bestselling author, Douglas E. Richards, joins host Michele Mattia at 2pm ET for an engaging hour to discuss his latest book The Cure! As a former biotech executive with a master’s in genetic engineering, Douglas is known for writing best selling novels containing accurate, meticulously researched science.
Richards believes the prevalence of psychopaths among politicians is at epidemic proportions. “Psychopaths are deceitful, narcissistic backstabbers," says Richards. "When caught in a bald-faced lie, they don’t get embarrassed, they just switch gears and move on. If you follow politics at all,” he adds, “these behaviors are all too familiar.”
If you have questions or comments during today’s show, please call the studio at 714.333.3349, email the show Connect@MicheleMattia.com or post on Michele’s Life Design Facebook page.
Orlando Ceaser is an author and professional speaker for Watchwell Communications, Inc., www.watchwellinc.com. He has extensive experience in sales, management, training, diversity, marketing, leadership and personal development. As an Area Sales Director he led an organization of 700 people. He is formerly the Senior Director of Diversity for the 12,000 employee, Wilmington based, AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals.
Orlando advises students and employees to become Impact Players in school, work and in their communities to achieve better results. He has delivered over 300 presentations to youth to help them improve their ability to make good decisions. He is the author of “The Isle of Knowledge”, a fable introducing The Know System™ for improving decision making and a book of poetry entitled Leadership above the rim – the poetry of possibility”. His blog, The “O” Zone, focuses on management and leadership.
Orlando published articles on career development, interviewing, management, leadership and selling. His words have appeared in articles in Financial Times, Human Resource Executive, The Scientist, The Boston Globe, The Chicago Defender, and Pharmaceutical Representative Magazine. He is a member of The Society of Pharmaceutical and Biotech Trainers and The American Society of Training and Development and The National Speaker’s Association and . His comic strip, Cocky and Rhodette, focuses on a realistic view of life in the corporate world.
Orlando has a BS degree from Bradley University, class of 1973, and a certificate from Midwestern Broadcasting School in Chicago, Illinois.
He resides in South Barrington, Illinois with his wife.
What is a Genetically Modified Organism and what is the GMO movement? What are doctors saying about the impact of GMOs? Why is there so much hype about GMOs, and can they really feed the world? With the FDA set to approve Genetically Modified salmon, what other GM food staples are in the pipeline?
Today's guest is Jeffrey M. Smith, international best-selling author and filmmaker, Executive Director of the Institute for Responsible Technology, and leading spokesperson on the health dangers of GMOs. Mr. Smith will discuss why GMOs are so widespread today and what consumers can do to protect themselves.
Jeffrey Smith's meticulous research documents how biotech companies continue to mislead legislators and safety officials to put the health of society at risk and the environment in peril. Mr. Smith’s feature-length documentary Genetic Roulette, The Gamble of Our Lives was awarded the 2012 Movie of the Year (Solari Report) and the Transformational Film of the Year (AwareGuide). Described as a “life-changer” and seen by millions world-wide, the film links genetically engineered food to toxic and allergic reactions, infertility, digestive disorders, and numerous problems that have been on the rise in the US population since genetically modified organisms (GMOs) were introduced.
Today's show is rescheduled from its original air date on July 31.
Hosted by Joshua Margolis Produced by Turtle Shell Health
Drs. Christopher Gallen, CEO at SK BioPharmaceuticals and Mitchell Katz, Executive Director, Medical Research Operations at Purdue Pharma, in a candid conversation on navigating the complexities of Global Clinical Trials and addressing topics including: Why global trials? Why are global trials so expensive? How are companies re-thinking global trials? What's happening with global outsourcing? Thoughts on emerging markets and patient recruitment What can we do to help mitigate the risks of global trials?
Join host Craig Lipset, Head of Clinical Innovation, R&D, Pfizer with guests Joe Kim, Clinical Operations Director, Shire and Dr. Hugo Stevenson, physician and serial entrepreneur, as they discuss innovation transforming the clinical trial space to include: * Mobile technology and apps * Clinical trials and diversity * Google Glass for health * Investigator database sharing * Key motivations for innovators and moreThe opinions shared by Craig and our guests are those of the speakers and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of their employers.
Percy Schmeiser is a canola farmer from Saskatchewan, Canada. He was the first farmer to win a law suit against Monsanto. This landmark case, which went before the Federal Court of Canada, has attracted international attention because it could help determine how much control a handful of powerful biotech companies can exert over farmers. Schmeiser believes this precedent setting agreement ensures that farmers will be entitled to reimbursement when their fields become contaminated with unwanted Roundup Ready canola or any other unwanted GMO plants. In this segment of The Organic View Radio Show, host, June Stoyer talks to Percy Schmeiser about his battle with this agro-chemical giant.
If you are not receiving our most recent interviews, please re-subscribe to our new Official RSS feed on iTunes, Youtube or you can visit our podcast archives at www.theorganicview.com. ©2013 TheOrganicView.com. All Rights Reserved.
Agent Orange, PCB's, DDT, Glyphosate. These are words that many of us believe are in a deadly past of devastated lives. There are also new, and just as deadly, toxic cocktails in the pipeline today such as Dicamba. Many of us have believed that chemicals such as these are no longer allowed for use, or that at least in extreme cases, they are heavily regulated. Yet, the US government has recently approved the increased use of Monsanto's pesticides in crops. What's more, the biotech industry still tries to promote these as being safe for use. What are the real dangers for consumers and for our environment? We'll look into the shadows on the dark side of this frightening industry.
Corporate giant, Monsanto, may be feeling the most headline heat from an outraged and growing body of consumers and concerned scientists objecting to the practices and blatant oversteps of GM crops and biotech business, but they are not the only player at the GMO table. There are six kings presiding over this controversial and frightening industry: Monsanto, Syngenta, Dupont, Bayer, Dow and BASF, and each one of these corporate kings contribute enormously to the rise of profit-driven science at the expense and downfall of unsuspecting consumers worldwide. Who are they? And how are they affecting you?
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (499 chatters)
- John Baptist (112 chatters)
- The Sedona Connection (69 chatters)
- AlimBey (43 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (36 chatters)
- R3belution Radio (31 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (21 chatters)
- On Air with Douglas (20 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (20 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (19 chatters)
- AltCon Radio (19 chatters)
- Curious Times (19 chatters)
- BC Motocross Weekly (17 chatters)
- CSTC Podcast Network (16 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (14 chatters)
- Horn Sports (14 chatters)
- All Riders Radio (14 chatters)
- God Is My Strength (13 chatters)
- Dave in the City (12 chatters)
- Alis MEN Radio (12 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (12 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (11 chatters)
- Jay King Network (10 chatters)
- Lorries Talk News Radio (10 chatters)
- STATE OF MENTELL RADIO (10 chatters)
- THE WATCHMEN ON THE WALL (9 chatters)
- MCMJimmy (9 chatters)
- 20 20 Radio Network (9 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (9 chatters)
- Ms KiKi (8 chatters)
- Juneau Xena (8 chatters)
- realsidemedia1 (8 chatters)
- thebuttterflyeffect (8 chatters)
- TruthWorks Network (7 chatters)
- PURE Motive Radio (7 chatters)
- Butterfly Dreams Abuse Recovery (7 chatters)
- Cardboard Connection Radio (7 chatters)
- Attracting the Light (6 chatters)
- Billy D Online (6 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (6 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (6 chatters)
- Prophetic Conversations (6 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (6 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (6 chatters)
- WTP 4R People (6 chatters)
- Welcome to Docradio Network (5 chatters)
- The School of Shamanism (5 chatters)
- The URC Show (5 chatters)
- TheExceptionalConservativeShow (5 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (5 chatters)
- Metaphysics and Awareness (5 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (5 chatters)
- CSWF RADIO HOST (5 chatters)
- Golden Rose Psychic Radio (5 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (5 chatters)
- 12kyle (5 chatters)
- Barbershop Sports (4 chatters)
- Bards Logic Political Talk (4 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (4 chatters)
- Nerdy 30s (4 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (4 chatters)
- Sh Moore (4 chatters)
- The Stew Radio (4 chatters)
- Xpoze Radio (3 chatters)
- Sevin Hunnid (3 chatters)
- Mystic Light and Shadows (3 chatters)
- Larcher and Lorensen (3 chatters)
- Cubanarama (3 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (3 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CrsRadio (3 chatters)
- Karen Tate (2 chatters)
- Kawakab (2 chatters)
- RHeart (2 chatters)
- The Ron and Don Show (2 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (2 chatters)
- The Football Gurus (2 chatters)
- The Neo Soul Show (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- UCLA Football (1 chatters)
- Uncensored MMA Online Radio0 (1 chatters)
- Robert Rule Show (1 chatters)
- Shadowhunters SteleCast (1 chatters)
- Sisters Real Talk (1 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- Real Empowement Talk Live (1 chatters)
- Never Daunted Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Lillian Brummet (1 chatters)
- Jon Matthews (1 chatters)
- MoodSwings (1 chatters)
- Chef Cardinales Cooking Show (1 chatters)
- Bebee and Friends Network (1 chatters)
- Ask Tall Paul (1 chatters)
- David Jerry Wes (1 chatters)
- Foundation1 OF RASTAFARI (1 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)
- Hit On The Head (1 chatters)
- HME Radio (1 chatters)