SORT BY Relevancy
Learn firsthand about deployment of ELNs within the biopharmaceutical area - this interview with Ralph Haffner, head of biologic research informatics at Roche, documents the drivers, the planning and selection phase, through to the deployment and integration. He also comments on how the industry is moving forward on creating an IT architecture and offers his views on the potential integration of the iPad to support an ELN system.
ADAM J. FEIN, PH.D.
Drug Channels was created and is written by Adam J. Fein, Ph.D., one of the country’s foremost experts on pharmaceutical economics and channel strategy. The president of Pembroke Consulting, Inc., and CEO of Drug Channels Institute, Dr. Fein consults with clients in the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries. Eleven of the 15 largest biopharmaceutical manufacturers have relied upon Dr. Fein for his experience, analyses, and insights to help them improve profitability and make better strategic decisions.
Dr. Fein excels at unlocking and explaining complex business and economic issues with humor and an accessible, straightforward style, making Drug Channels a popular and authoritative destination for both industry insiders and outsiders.
A conversation with John J. Doyle, Sr. Vice President and Managing Director - Global Market Access at Quintiles, about the need for deeper knowledge of the inherent risks of pharmaceutical products.
This need was revealed by The New Health Report 2012, which is based on surveys of biopharmaceutical executives, managed care executives in the U.S., National Health Service executives in the U.K., patients living with chronic disease in both the U.S. and the U.K., and investors who focus on the healthcare sectors.
Please join me on Wednesday evening, March 7th at 5 PM PST on "The Global Voice". This week's show will be dedicated to some exciting ALS breakthroughs in research and clinical trials , a registry that many PALS may not be aware of and an opportunity to call in and ask your questions about what's happening and how you can get involved. Please call in to the show at 347-884-8988 and please stay on the switchboard for your call to be received. Our guests will be Mike Shannon of ALS TDI, Michele Dupre of PALS, spokesperson and blogger extraordinaire for ALS, Eric N. Valor and ANDREW GENGOS (pronounced JenJoss)Andrew is President, CEO and a Board Member of Neuraltus Pharmaceuticals, a private stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to developing therapeutics to treat neurodegenerative diseases. He joined Neuraltus in February of 2010. And please make it a point to check out Eric Valor's Blog by going to http:// friends4eric.blogspot.com
Today's guests are Drs, Bertram Pitt & Pieter Muntendam two leading heart specialists.
Bertram Pitt, M.D., F.A.C.C., is a Professor of Medicine Emeritus in the Division of Cardiology at the University of Michigan School of Medicine in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
Prior to this role, he was the Director of the Division of Cardiology at the University of Michigan School of Medicine. Dr. Pitt has conducted research in many areas of cardiovascular disease, with special emphasis on heart failure and ischemic heart disease.
Dr. Pitt has published more than 500 articles in peer-reviewed journals and is a member of several professional societies.
Pieter Muntendam, M.D., is the Executive Vice President and Chief Medical Officer of BG Medicine. He is a biopharmaceutical and healthcare executive with in-depth business experience ranging from early stage ventures to multinational corporations. Prior to this role, Dr. Muntendam served as President and CEO of BG Medicine from November 2004 through January 2012.
Dr. Muntendam joined BG Medicine from NetNumina Solutions, Inc., a professional services company, where he served as Director of the Biopharma Healthcare Practice.
Dr. Muntendam held executive positions with Organon International Inc. and Johnson & Johnson where he was appointed Vice President of Research and Development, International at Johnson & Johnson, and appointed as a member of the boards of directors for two Johnson & Johnson operating companies. Dr. Muntendam received his M.D. from Leiden University in the Netherlands.
Venture Capital and the State of Healthcare Technology in America: Where are we today and where are we headed?
Cynthia talks to venture capitalist Chuck Newhall, Co-Founder and General Partner of NEA. His investment activities focus on healthcare services, healthcare information services and biopharmaceutical companies; and Dr. Daniel Leung Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at Baylor College of Medicine specializing in Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition at Texas Children's Hospital about current healthcare technology trends and ongoing health care needs in the United States.
Can money solve the problem?
Michael Bellomo holds an MBA from the University of California at Irvine, a Juris Doctor in Law from UC San Francisco, and a Black Belt in Lean Six Sigma Manufacturing Techniques from UCSD.
Currently he is a manager at a major biopharmaceutical company, dedicated to the manufacture of plasma-based medicines and therapies.
Michael has written 19 books in various non-fiction fields, including technology, business operations, and 'mass market' science. Michael's books have been published internationally in Italian, Portuguese, French, Dutch, Korean, German, Russian, and Chinese.
Since the Silicon Valley dotcom boom, he has worked as a financial e-commerce manager, a think-tank analyst studying how new technologies (TiVo, eBay, Blackberry) change consumer markets, and as a risk assessment engineer with a DoD consulting firm.
Michael was part of the team that analyzed what went wrong during the Columbia shuttle disaster. He has worked on projects ranging from how to stop bioterrorists to streamlining NASA's ability to send payloads to the International Space Station. Due to his background as a voiceover artist, he was selected by NASA to be the featured narrator for a DVD presentation sent to Congress on the development of the Orbital Space Plane.
He is the co-author of two Amazon bestsellers involving technology and science: eBay Your Business and Microbe: Are We Ready For The Next Plague?, a chilling work on how vulnerable we are to new, exotic diseases and acts of biological terrorism. The book is now a required text for upper division biology courses at California State University, Sacramento and San Francisco City College.
In December 2006, Michael was invited as a guest lecturer and panel participant at Harvard University for his latest popular science book, The Stem Cell Divide. The book is a look into the kaleidoscope of scientific wonder, religious dogma, and the hype machine surrounding the field of stem cell science research.
IQPC_NYC speaks with Lyndi Gillespie, Deepa Kumar, and Kimberly Palladino - experts from GlaxoSmithKline on the LSS culture in biopharmaceuticals. The three will be participating in a panel discussion at the 9th Lean Six Sigma for Pharma, Biotech and Medical Device Excellence summit Feb 22-24 in Philadelphia. For more info, visit lsspharm.com.
Rose will discuss temperature controlled packaging in the biopharmaceutical field and also give a glimpse into her segments at IQPC's upcoming Cold Chain Distribution for Pharmaceuticals event that is taking place in Philadelphia, PA from Septemeber 21 - 24.
Join Host Live Chats
- Phoenix3333 (91 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (71 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (50 chatters)
- Rundgren Radio (24 chatters)
- thelordshour (21 chatters)
- The Portal (21 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (19 chatters)
- 63289 (17 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (12 chatters)
- Pit Bulletin Legal News (12 chatters)
- WQ4D Radio (12 chatters)
- HOV Radio (11 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (9 chatters)
- TruthRadioNetwork (8 chatters)
- Be The Light Now (7 chatters)
- Lets Talk Jets with Dennis Tyson (7 chatters)
- Random Brain Activity (6 chatters)
- Real Talk Radio17 (6 chatters)
- Jamaican Language Culture York (6 chatters)
- Jay King Network (6 chatters)
- ExpandingU RADIO (6 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (5 chatters)
- LibertyRules (5 chatters)
- Coach Khayr (5 chatters)
- Sports Card Live (5 chatters)
- The Biblical Hebrew (5 chatters)
- Twin Radio (5 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (5 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (4 chatters)
- Tinabrandon (4 chatters)
- SpeakingXOut (4 chatters)
- SAGE Radio (4 chatters)
- SHRAonair (4 chatters)
- Krista Dickan (4 chatters)
- Pastor Andrew Bills (4 chatters)
- Moving Train Radio (4 chatters)
- Conservative Nation Radio (4 chatters)
- Cubanarama (4 chatters)
- Life Coach Chat Channel (4 chatters)
- Divine Goddess Radio (3 chatters)
- Common Ground Media Group OK (3 chatters)
- Bill Murray (3 chatters)
- onlinewithandrea (3 chatters)
- PASOS (3 chatters)
- Real Talk With Robert Simmons (3 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (3 chatters)
- The Real Time Radio Network (3 chatters)
- The Road Less Traveled (2 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (2 chatters)
- wayneG (2 chatters)
- SportsTalkLine (2 chatters)
- The Candy Coated Network (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (2 chatters)
- Souls Eye View Too (2 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (2 chatters)
- MBN (2 chatters)
- Art Bulla (2 chatters)
- CE Radio (2 chatters)
- DONNELL BALLARD MORNING SHOW (2 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (2 chatters)
- 3 Degrees Talk Show (2 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (2 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (2 chatters)
- FuRbAbY AnD FrIeNdS (2 chatters)
- G220 Radio (2 chatters)
- HisWordHisWay (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (1 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Bishop Maurice L Irvin (1 chatters)
- bridge to Humanity (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (1 chatters)
- RotoRadio (1 chatters)
- Relationship Reinvented (1 chatters)
- Sales Coaching Chalk Talk (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (1 chatters)
- Woman2WomanTalkingToMen (1 chatters)
- TheInfiniteSupernaturalNetwork (1 chatters)
- The RetroUnlim Network (1 chatters)
- BDPA (0 chatters)