SORT BY Relevancy
Darren is one of the foremost Touring cyclists in the US having done cycling in several countries and the US.
The following was copied diretcly from is site. I am sure you will find the show interesting and stimulating.
This site is not intended to be a rehashing of traditional bicycle touring information. Instead, it features what I consider to be a modern, lifestyle-driven, and technologically advanced twist on the way bike touring was done in the past.
If you're looking for a way to work less and play more, this is for you. Welcome to BicycleTouringPro.com!
Jason has an inspiring story about overcoming some of the things life can throw at us. First overcoming obesity then after getting in shape and becoming a competitive athlete overcoming injuries that could have been career ending and getting back up and getting back in life. We tried to get Jason on the show before and some wires got crossed but he will be here Sunday for a long talk with the Bicycle Nut and with you the listeners, Should be a great Sunday Morning Insoiration.
Yale Leiden of Tifton Georgia will join us to discuss the first annual Tour de Tifton. This will be a metric century bicycle ride with shorter routes also available. It is being operated through the Tifton YMCA and will rasie miney for underpriveledged children in the Tifton Area. the bicycle nut has been asked to be Mechanical Ride Support for the ride, something I could not turn down.
The Cyclist Bike List is a children's book written by Laura Robinson. We will be discussing all the following and answering any questions you may have, just call in and ask.
1. How did you know, on that day you and your brother went for your first big bike ride, that you would be riding a bike for the rest of your life?
2. Why is cycling so important
3. Why did you decide to write a book for children on cycling
4. How did the Anishinaabe Racers get off the ground as a bike team
5. Is there one ride you have done that stands out amongst all the others?
6. If Americans want to cycle in Canada, where would you suggest they go
7. How did you decide to profile Fausto Coppi over, say, Felice Gimondi in Cyclist BikeList
Aren't there a lot of great cyclists you left out
8. Why is the bicycle so important in the fight for women's equality
9. If various levels of government spent the same money on accommodating bicycles as they do accommodating cars, what do you think North America would look like
10. What is your next book
Join your host Wes Blackman as he welcomes Bret Baronak to the High Noon in Lake Worth studios. Mr. Baronak works for the Palm Beach Metropolitan Planning Ogranization (MPO) and has been in this position since 2006. His main assignment is to oversee the MPO's Non-Motorized Transportation Planning Program, with activities centered on improving accessibility for bicyclists and pedestrians in Palm Beach County through public outreach. Bret raced road and mountain bikes for 15 years, enjoys helping to educate cyclists to improve their skills and confidence, and rides daily for fun. He bikes for commuting, touring, some competition among friends and explores trails in Florida's forests.
Fred Nicklaus is a Pofessional trainer that has a lot of great information that should be of interest to cyclists.
Fred will be telling us about proper breathing techniques and building a strong core.
All cyclists should call in or listen to this show.
Join The Bicycle Nut on Blog Talk Radio with Fred Nicklaus.
Join us for our Summer Feature Friday as we talk to board member Glenn Kurtz for the Atlanta Bicycle Coalition.
Glenn has been involved in Transportation Planning and Management for the past 20 years with a focus on Parking and Transportation Demand Management (TDM).
Glenn Kurtz is presently an Executive Vice President for Lanier Parking Solutions. Glenn is responsible for developing and marketing new services for Lanier that integrate parking and TDM. Glenn has built a long-term business model for Lanier and the parking industry that brings together parking and alternative transportation management services under one roof. Mr. Kurtz played key roles in Lanier’s efforts to bring the Streetcar and Carsharing (Zipcar) to Atlanta. Recently, Mr. Kurtz created LANIER consulting which focuses on parking and transportation planning for small downtowns and mixed use developments. Glenn came to Lanier from the Perimeter Transportation Coalition (PTC), were he served as the Transportation Management Association's (TMA) first Executive Director.
During his three years as Executive Director of the PTC, Glenn developed alternative transportation programs for more than a hundred companies and properties that included discount transit sales, parking management strategies, shuttle, carpooling and van pooling and pedestrian programs. Glenn spearheaded an effort that created two Community Improvement Districts in the area that continue to raise over $2 million a year for transportation infrastructure improvements. While at the PTC, Glenn chaired one of the most successful TMA Summits. The 2001 TMA Summit brought to Atlanta, Georgia over 400 transportation professionals from around the globe for three days to exchange ideas and learn from one another about TDM best practices.
Women's solo Race Across America (RAAM) champion Janice Sheufelt joins us this evening for a discussion of her race experience! Janice has placed first racing The 508, Race Across Oregon, 2 Person Relay Race Across America and many more events and usually makes it look easy. RAAM 2014 through some previously unexperienced challenges her way but Janice overcame them all for a successful finish.
Race Across America is a 3,022 mile non-stop, coast to coast bicycle race. Janice started with the solo field Tuesday June 10 in Oceanside, CA and finished 11 days later in Annapolis, MD.
This evening we're joined by members (JD Thornburg, Hunter Huss, Tommy Snodgrass and crew chief Terry Lansdell) of the Concord, NC based 8 person relay Team FOG!
FOG Racing of Concord, NC competed in the 2014 Race Across America (RAAM) to raise money and awareness for the Ronald McDonald House of Charlotte. Known as the “world’s toughest bicycle race,” RAAM will set more than 250 competitors on a 3,000-mile route stretching from the Pacific Coast to the Atlantic Coast. Team FOG will compete as an eight man team and race continuously day and night, on their own power expecting to complete the journey in roughly six days.
RAAM is the ultimate test of strength and determination. But every day, Ronald McDonald House of Charlotte helps children heal faster because they’re surrounded by their families. The goal of Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) is to improve the health and well-being of nearly 3.7 million children worldwide every year – and it has indeed made a global impact. And while its approach is to think globally, RMHC acts locally by tailoring programs and services that address the most urgent needs of each community it serves. With a network of local chapters, like the one here in Charlotte, its core programs can be found in 52 countries and regions around the globe.
FOG Racing is a group of avid cyclists who believe strongly in the Ronald McDonald House mission. These courageous adventurers will brave heat, wind, thunderstorms, altitude, the dark of night, fatigue and sleep deprivation, and cross several major mountain ranges to raise awareness and money in support of this mission.
Join Host Live Chats
- High Frequency Radio Network (15 chatters)
- Straitway (15 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (11 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (7 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (7 chatters)
- The Portal (6 chatters)
- Patriot Family (6 chatters)
- tiferetjournal (5 chatters)
- LA Batchelor (5 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (5 chatters)
- KDCL Media (4 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Live (4 chatters)
- Conservative Report (4 chatters)
- The War Room (4 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (3 chatters)
- Autistic People (3 chatters)
- NWP radio (3 chatters)
- Mikeisha (2 chatters)
- Out Of A Pure Heart (2 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (2 chatters)
- kendricklaw (2 chatters)
- Jim Ventura (2 chatters)
- JIMMY SMITH (2 chatters)
- BLIF NETWORK (2 chatters)
- Audrey Russo (2 chatters)
- DTRT Wrestling And MMA Online (2 chatters)
- JASmius (2 chatters)
- Exalted Nation of Truth (2 chatters)
- FootballGameplan (2 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (2 chatters)
- TruthRadioNetwork (2 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (2 chatters)
- The Tailgate Show (2 chatters)
- The Tim and Rob Show (2 chatters)
- Whisper Out Loud Radio Network (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- American Statesman (1 chatters)
- Exposed Radio (1 chatters)
- Jay King Network (1 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (1 chatters)
- Elevate The Soul (1 chatters)
- Dawatul Hikmah (1 chatters)
- Authority Smashers (1 chatters)
- Living Astrology (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- LyricalForte (1 chatters)
- Mike Wood (1 chatters)
- Rock The Ville Radio (1 chatters)
- Salvation In Jesus Ministry (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- Survival Radio Network2 (0 chatters)