SORT BY Relevancy
Darren is one of the foremost Touring cyclists in the US having done cycling in several countries and the US.
The following was copied diretcly from is site. I am sure you will find the show interesting and stimulating.
This site is not intended to be a rehashing of traditional bicycle touring information. Instead, it features what I consider to be a modern, lifestyle-driven, and technologically advanced twist on the way bike touring was done in the past.
If you're looking for a way to work less and play more, this is for you. Welcome to BicycleTouringPro.com!
Jason has an inspiring story about overcoming some of the things life can throw at us. First overcoming obesity then after getting in shape and becoming a competitive athlete overcoming injuries that could have been career ending and getting back up and getting back in life. We tried to get Jason on the show before and some wires got crossed but he will be here Sunday for a long talk with the Bicycle Nut and with you the listeners, Should be a great Sunday Morning Insoiration.
Bob Mionske joins us tonight to discuss current issues facing cyclists and will field your questions. He is a nationally-known cycling lawyer and advocate for the rights of cyclists. A former U.S. Olympic and pro cyclist, Bob amassed a record of over 100 wins during his racing career. Bob represented the United States in the 1988 games in Seoul, South Korea, where he made the winning break in the men’s Individual Road Race, finishing in fourth place. In 1990, Bob was the U.S. National Champion in the Men’s road race. Bob again made the United States Olympic team for the 1992 games in Barcelona, Spain, assisting teammate Lance Armstrong to a fourteenth-place finish. Bob turned pro after the 1992 games, racing for Team Saturn for one season, and then retired to become director of the team for 1993.
At the end of that season, Bob left pro cycling behind and headed off to law school. After passing the bar exam, Bob set up the first bicycle law practice in the nation representating professional racers and defending the legal rights of weekend warriors, commuters, and messengers. Bob also began writing his internationally accaimed bicycle law column, Legally Speaking, featured on VeloNews.com. Bob's perspective on bicycle law and the rights of cyclists has also been featured in national magazines, including Esquire, Bicycling, and Outside.
You are welcome to join the conversation.
Riders from around the country join us this evening to discuss the finer points of bicycle etiquette. Some of our topics include: What do you do when an unknown rider hops on your wheel and sits on for miles? What do you do when you come across road construction? Do you ride with headphones? How do you address someone riding aero bars in your group ride? How do you deal with rude drivers? What do you do when someone on your group ride gets a mechanical? Pedestrian in the bike lane? And I'm sure more will pop up as we delve into these questions.
Yale Leiden of Tifton Georgia will join us to discuss the first annual Tour de Tifton. This will be a metric century bicycle ride with shorter routes also available. It is being operated through the Tifton YMCA and will rasie miney for underpriveledged children in the Tifton Area. the bicycle nut has been asked to be Mechanical Ride Support for the ride, something I could not turn down.
The Cyclist Bike List is a children's book written by Laura Robinson. We will be discussing all the following and answering any questions you may have, just call in and ask.
1. How did you know, on that day you and your brother went for your first big bike ride, that you would be riding a bike for the rest of your life?
2. Why is cycling so important
3. Why did you decide to write a book for children on cycling
4. How did the Anishinaabe Racers get off the ground as a bike team
5. Is there one ride you have done that stands out amongst all the others?
6. If Americans want to cycle in Canada, where would you suggest they go
7. How did you decide to profile Fausto Coppi over, say, Felice Gimondi in Cyclist BikeList
Aren't there a lot of great cyclists you left out
8. Why is the bicycle so important in the fight for women's equality
9. If various levels of government spent the same money on accommodating bicycles as they do accommodating cars, what do you think North America would look like
10. What is your next book
Fred Nicklaus is a Pofessional trainer that has a lot of great information that should be of interest to cyclists.
Fred will be telling us about proper breathing techniques and building a strong core.
All cyclists should call in or listen to this show.
Join The Bicycle Nut on Blog Talk Radio with Fred Nicklaus.
Join us for our Summer Feature Friday as we talk to board member Glenn Kurtz for the Atlanta Bicycle Coalition.
Glenn has been involved in Transportation Planning and Management for the past 20 years with a focus on Parking and Transportation Demand Management (TDM).
Glenn Kurtz is presently an Executive Vice President for Lanier Parking Solutions. Glenn is responsible for developing and marketing new services for Lanier that integrate parking and TDM. Glenn has built a long-term business model for Lanier and the parking industry that brings together parking and alternative transportation management services under one roof. Mr. Kurtz played key roles in Lanier’s efforts to bring the Streetcar and Carsharing (Zipcar) to Atlanta. Recently, Mr. Kurtz created LANIER consulting which focuses on parking and transportation planning for small downtowns and mixed use developments. Glenn came to Lanier from the Perimeter Transportation Coalition (PTC), were he served as the Transportation Management Association's (TMA) first Executive Director.
During his three years as Executive Director of the PTC, Glenn developed alternative transportation programs for more than a hundred companies and properties that included discount transit sales, parking management strategies, shuttle, carpooling and van pooling and pedestrian programs. Glenn spearheaded an effort that created two Community Improvement Districts in the area that continue to raise over $2 million a year for transportation infrastructure improvements. While at the PTC, Glenn chaired one of the most successful TMA Summits. The 2001 TMA Summit brought to Atlanta, Georgia over 400 transportation professionals from around the globe for three days to exchange ideas and learn from one another about TDM best practices.
Join your host Wes Blackman as he welcomes Bret Baronak to the High Noon in Lake Worth studios. Mr. Baronak works for the Palm Beach Metropolitan Planning Ogranization (MPO) and has been in this position since 2006. His main assignment is to oversee the MPO's Non-Motorized Transportation Planning Program, with activities centered on improving accessibility for bicyclists and pedestrians in Palm Beach County through public outreach. Bret raced road and mountain bikes for 15 years, enjoys helping to educate cyclists to improve their skills and confidence, and rides daily for fun. He bikes for commuting, touring, some competition among friends and explores trails in Florida's forests.
Join Host Live Chats
- Talk Real Solutions (33 chatters)
- Curious Times (27 chatters)
- R3belutionRadioShow (22 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (22 chatters)
- Canadian Motocross Weekly (19 chatters)
- JeffBanjamin (18 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (16 chatters)
- thelordshour (15 chatters)
- NOPC Radio Network (14 chatters)
- Pine Ridge Warriors (12 chatters)
- Holger Awakens (11 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (10 chatters)
- Metaphysical and Spiritual Chat (10 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (8 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (7 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (6 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (6 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (5 chatters)
- Late Night Leos (5 chatters)
- Momma Joyce (4 chatters)
- SURN Host (4 chatters)
- The Psychic Surgeon (4 chatters)
- Just Us Radio Network (4 chatters)
- Italian Tomatoes (4 chatters)
- Jay King Network (3 chatters)
- ALMIGHTY ALLSUNDARA (3 chatters)
- opposing the matrix (3 chatters)
- Levitating Mindsets Network (2 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (2 chatters)
- Be The Light Now (2 chatters)
- Donny C (2 chatters)
- C Maria Wall (1 chatters)
- AltCon Radio (1 chatters)
- Xclusive Jamz Nation (1 chatters)
- Yasharshla Radio 2013 (1 chatters)
- PAM Time (1 chatters)
- PID Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Father Teresa (0 chatters)