SORT BY Relevancy
When artists Beth Whitney and Bradford Loomis began writing together, they had no idea their casual co-writing experiment would blossom into the much anticipated album The Banner Days (releasing August 23rd on MTS Records). That first night, they wrote “My Beloved” in two hours. And after a few more writing sessions, it was clear to both, that these songs merited a bold decision.
This week Laurie Beth is interviewed about her new book, "The Contessa Chronicles". While this is Laurie's latest book to be released, it is one that she has carried in her heart for many years. It springs from pondering the many scriptures that don’t resonate with modern times and understanding. From questions that are raised and then left unanswered. As a nun once asked in Berkeley, “Is God really just an old man, a young man, and a bird?” Why are women so easily erased and condemned in scripture? Why are the Wisdom passages so overlooked? Why is the Holy Spirit, presented as a feminine noun in Hebrew, so quickly reassigned a new gender in subsequent translations, leading to a male dominated culture in religion that belies common sense, as well as demographics?
Meanwhile, where’s the fun? The joy? The vibrancy that exists in life and yet seems almost non existent in the stories we are told about God?
Ultimately, Laurie Beth has come to believe two major things. One is that the Bible is a Love Story, largely of unrequited love. Two. That Jesus was a family man in the very largest sense. He spoke constantly about the love he had for his father. He called us his brothers and sisters. With his dying breath he asked that his mother be loved and cared for after he was gone. He invited us to come home with him, and feast at the banquet table. He said he would send the Holy Spirit to finish the work he started.
And even in Revelations, “The Spirit and the Bride say ‘Come.’” The very real possibility of a wedding exists, even though Armageddon has gotten a lot more air time.
And so we present to you, The Contessa Chronicles. A new imagining of how it might have been, and maybe even, really is, if we are open to tasting some new wine, and are willing to saddle up our own horses for the ride.
Laurie Beth welcomes to the show David Tuccaro, Jr. a Mikisew Cree First Nation who overcame his fight with Leukemia. His story is recounted in the book, Bad To The Bone, which has hit #17 on Amazon's Best Seller's list within one month of being released. He shares his tumultuous journey of self-discovery through pain, hopelessness and the feeling of inadequacy to inspire others to overcome adversity. It is a story of perseverance and hope that inspires you to have hope when there seems to be none present. David is now living out his passion of teaching others to save lives by registering to become a bone marrow donw. He spends his free time with his family and enjoying music.
For more information about David Tuccaro, Jr., visit: www.davidtuccaro.com.
Laurie Beth Jones serves up a variety of topics each week as she interviews friends like Patsy Clairmont, George Barna, The White House Doctor, and many others. She embraces each person with laughter, poise and grace and encourages the guests on her show to share their hearts, experiences and leadership.
Beth Wiseman is the best-selling author of the Daughters of the Promise series and the Land of Canaan series. Having sold over 1.3 million books, her novels have held spots on the ECPA (Evangelical Christian Publishers Association) Bestseller List and the CBA (Christian Book Association) Bestseller List. She was the recipient of the prestigious Carol Award in 2011 and 2013. She is a three-time winner of the Inspirational Readers Choice Award, and an INSPY Award winner. In 2013 she took home the coveted Holt Medallion. Her first book in the Land of Canaan series--Seek Me With All Your Heart--was selected as the 2011 Women of Faith Book of the Year. Beth is contracted with HarperCollins Christian Publishing into the year 2018, and she has published twelve novels and nine novellas to date.
As a former newspaper reporter, Beth was honored by her peers with eleven journalism awards, including first place news writing for The Texas Press Association. She has been a humor columnist for The 1960 Sun in Houston and published articles in various publications. However, writing novels is where her heart is. She left her job as a journalist in 2008 to write novels fulltime.
Beth has a deep affection for the Amish and their simpler way of life, and while she plans to continue writing Amish love stories, she is also branching out into other areas. Her first non-Amish, contemporary--Need You Now--released in April 2012 and landed on the CBA Bestseller List. She enjoyed writing the story based in a town near where she lives, and she chose another small Texas town for her next non-Amish contemporary--The House that Love Built--which is based in Smithville, the same quaint town where movies such as Hope Floats and Tree of Life were filmed.
Flavor Living Radio loves surprises but there is nothing more surprising about Beth Peterson’s winning recipes. With a smile that can win a thousand glimpses of returning smiles Beth’s love for cooking shines forth in all she does and her multiple talents bring food artistry to new levels.
We Talk with Beth. She talks about the World Food Championships and so much more. Tune in to receive your surprise and don’t forget to leave a comment for what you enjoy about the show, what you would like to continue to hear more about or your food favorites.
Writing By Author Shirley Wiggerman
Charlotte View welcomes Physical Therapist, Wellness Coach, Huna & Reiki Master, and Yoga Instructor, Beth Badour. Beth is the owner of Creative Life by Design, a healing center for individuals in a holistic and alternative fashion. During this interview, Beth will share with all listeners her successful workshop: "Empowered Listening, Empowered Living"
Listen and Learn the Powerful New Communication Styles and Improve all Your Relationships, One persone at a Time.
Most of us listen to others while thinking about what we want to say next. True listening, where the other person feels heard, lies in paying full attention to what the other person is saying. Learning to pay attention and be with another is one tool of listening with your heart. But how you listen to yourself is also important. Are your inner thoughts positive and filled with love? Positive communication includes both the ability to open to the other and love the self, which leads to empowered living. Come learn new tools for empowered listening, which will improve your relationships one at a time and free you to become your best self.
When you are ready to take these steps to living the life of your dreams, have quality of life and vibrant health, please contact Beth Badour:
Website CreativeLifeByDesign.net / Ph (704) 996-5414
Office: 151 Church St N. Concord, NC 28025
in Self Help
Join us for 7 Ways to Cultivate Love and Compassion For Yourself with guest Beth Terrence on October 14, 2014 (Tuesday) at 8pm Eastern. Beth will explain how self-love is the key to help you heal and change your life. Do you want positive changes and growth in your life? This show will help you to start the transformation! For questions on the topic please call t (646) 478-0020.
Beth Terrence’s vision is to support others in living a heart-centered, balanced and joyful life through discovering the healer within. She is a trained Shaman, Holistic Health Practitioner & Facilitator, Certified PEER Recovery Specialist, Speaker and Writer. Beth believes that her own life journey has served as a catalyst for the message she brings to the world – that at our core, we are all beings of love, light and peace – we just need to “remember”. She offers Integrative Transformational Healing Session and Programs in Annapolis, MD as well as by Phone/Skype. She also facilitates classes, workshops and teleseminar programs on transformation and healing; learn more at www.bethterrence.com. Or, visit her blog, The Heart Of Awakening: Searching For A New Paradigm.
#136: Beth Torina, Head Coach, LSU Softball, visits TCRS to talk about her outlook for the Fall as the Tigers begin to prepare for the 2014/2015 season. LSU will be led this coming season by returners AJ Andrews and Baylee Corbello. Last season LSU finished 38-24 while appearing in the NCAA Regional Round. 2014/2015 will be a special season for the Tigers as LSU will host the 2015 SEC Tournament May 6-9 at Tiger Park. Coach Torina Twitter Tigers Facebook Tigers Twitter Tigers IG.
in Pop Culture
Amy Beth & company usher in the weekend with a robust re-cap of the week's cultural sideshow, inspiration, music, humor and more. From political hi-jinx to provocative social topics and celebrity gossip we take on the week that was and look forward to the weekend fun.
We also pay homage to Paul Simon’s birthday and indulge in a few treats of the Spooky season.
Listeners are invited to join the conversation via tweets or LIVE calls. Got a favorite weekend jumpstart song? Tweet in advance.
Tweet before/during show @abwrites Call in during show 347-857-4505
Host Cyrus Webb welcomes bestselling author Beth Wiseman to Conversations LIVE to discuss her amazing literary journey and her new book THE PROMISE.
Today Jean Maurie and Maggie Lukowski are excited to have Beth Henry as our guest.
Beth Henry is the woman behind the YouTube channel Divinationery (The Art of Divination). Her personal study of divination began long before starting Divinationery. By completing coursework and study in herbology, spell crafting, Reiki, and Tarot, she built a strong foundation of knowledge while attuning herself to the world. Thus equipped, she started on the path which led her to where she is today: a contributing author for Attune Magazine, a Tarot deck reviewer for several major publishing companies (in fact, some of her most popular videos are of the “dress up” Tarot deck reviews), and, of course, a dedicated teacher.
Through her videos, she hopes to offer a place to enjoy and learn about the many sides of divination, with a bit of Magick thrown in for good measure. Whether it’s using herbs, gemstones, or Tarot, she is passionate about sharing her knowledge and experience with all forms of divination to help others open up and discover all the wonderful things life has to offer.
Allow her to assist you on the quest of a lifetime. Join her and other Divinationery fans on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/user/divinationery, on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/divinationery/ and on http://divinationery.blogspot.com/ .
Amy Beth ushers in the weekend with a robust re-cap of the week's cultural sideshow, inspiration, music, humor and more. Listeners are invited to join the conversation via tweets or LIVE calls. Got a favorite weekend jumpstart song? Tweet in advance.
And Karen Bonnell, co-author of The Co-Parents’ Handbook stops by with some tips for divorced parents striving to raise well-adjusted kids.
Tweet before/during show @abwrites
Call during the show 347-857-4505
Join us LIVE or later on demand!
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Bigfoot Hotspot (109 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (82 chatters)
- John Baptist (80 chatters)
- thelordshour (28 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (17 chatters)
- New Spirit Radio Show (15 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (15 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (12 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (10 chatters)
- 63489 (9 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (9 chatters)
- Jennifer Hoffman (8 chatters)
- Sovereign Gods (8 chatters)
- Candelos Corner Radio (8 chatters)
- FSF Radio (8 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (8 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (7 chatters)
- Angel Amy (7 chatters)
- Bill Murray (7 chatters)
- Rabbi Aryel Nachman (7 chatters)
- InfiniteSupernaturalNetwork (7 chatters)
- The Sensuous Mystic Sex Spirit (6 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (6 chatters)
- thedean (6 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (6 chatters)
- Sister thunder Radio (5 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (5 chatters)
- Living Well Talk Radio (5 chatters)
- Prayer Warriors 365 (5 chatters)
- Station IWDM (5 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (5 chatters)
- canadianglen (5 chatters)
- DDP Radio (5 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (4 chatters)
- Elegeant (4 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (4 chatters)
- Matt4America (4 chatters)
- Mega Powers Radio (4 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (4 chatters)
- The Literary Corner (4 chatters)
- Uncensored Radio (3 chatters)
- Wake Up To The Truth (3 chatters)
- MCMJimmy (3 chatters)
- OUR Talk Radio Show (3 chatters)
- EIE Save Our Children (3 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (3 chatters)
- dburt aka Afronerd (3 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (3 chatters)
- Barry Secrest (3 chatters)
- AmericanPatriotRadio (2 chatters)
- Body of Christ (2 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (2 chatters)
- Dirtyredz (2 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (2 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (2 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (2 chatters)
- Variety Radio Online (2 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (2 chatters)
- TWR Radio (2 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (2 chatters)
- sun752 (2 chatters)
- The Captain0 (2 chatters)
- The URC Show (2 chatters)
- The Truth About Church (1 chatters)
- The Rush UTEP Miners Radio (1 chatters)
- The DuCross Brothers (1 chatters)
- The ANSWERS Show (1 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Urban Homeschool Living (1 chatters)
- Welcome to Docradio Network (1 chatters)
- Political T and T (1 chatters)
- Odwirafo (1 chatters)
- Ohio Exopolitics (1 chatters)
- Really Doe Radio (1 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- Rose Chat (1 chatters)
- RotoExpertsXcom FantasySports Show (1 chatters)
- Steves segments (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (1 chatters)
- MSL Rules No BS League Talk Show (1 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ and TIFF (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (1 chatters)
- Levitating Mindsets Network (1 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (1 chatters)
- Get It Together Girl (1 chatters)
- fairtax4ca (1 chatters)
- Fantasy Sports Warehouse Radio (1 chatters)
- Dolphin Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (1 chatters)
- Bridge Between Two Worlds Radio (1 chatters)
- Challenging the Rhetoric (1 chatters)
- Chick Shyt (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (1 chatters)
- Apocalypse Nana (1 chatters)
- Bnai Tikvah (1 chatters)
- Canadian Motocross Weekly (0 chatters)
- Vaccine Truth News (0 chatters)