SORT BY Relevancy
The date on which the Wall fell is considered to have been 9 November 1989 but the Wall in its entirety was not torn down immediately. Starting that evening and in the days and weeks that followed, people came to the wall with sledgehammers or otherwise hammers and chisels to chip off souvenirs, demolishing lengthy parts of it in the process and creating several unofficial border crossings. These people were nicknamed "Mauerspechte" (wall woodpeckers).
• View from the West Berlin side of graffiti art on the wall in 1986. This image was taken in 1986 by Thierry Noir at Bethaniendamm in Berlin-Kreuzberg.
• East German construction workers building the Berlin Wall. Nov 20, 1961, National Archives.
• Germans standing on top of the wall in the days before it was torn down. The Fall of the Berlin Wall, 1989. The photo shows a part of a public photo documentation wall at Former Check Point Charlie, Berlin.
• Fall of the Berlin Wall, November 1989. An Eastern guard speaks to a Westerner through a broken seam in the wall. Both were smiling, representing the jubilant spirit of the day. Nov 1989 by Sharon Emerson.
• Man Pecking a piece of the Berlin Wall, Nov 1989 by Skäpperöda
Join me Monday, March 10th at 6 p.m. Pacific/9 Eastern on Radio Enso. My guest will be international results coach Jana Schuberth, the creator and host of Alive in Berlin, a global gathering of world changers in Europe’s most exciting city happening this May. We’ll talk about the conference and about Jana’s work helping people get unstuck and discover what they’re passionate about.
About: Alive in Berlin is a global gathering devoted to personal transformation that takes place in May 2014. The event will bring together world-class experts, visionaries and change makers from a variety of communities and disciplines. Together, we’ll explore the common threads that connect us and make us come alive.
Confirmed Keynote Speakers (to date) are Pamela Slim, Chris Guillebeau, Sarah Peck, Carl Paoli, Dr. Carolyn Eddleston; and Ben Austin.
About Jana: Jana Schuberth is an International Results Coach who challenges you to be unreasonable and create the life and work you are truly excited. Apart from outstanding coaching skills, Jana brings 10 years of experience in the Marketing and Finance sector with her and clearly walks her talk having left the corporate world as a Chartered Accountant behind in the pursuit of true fulfilment. Whilst her chickens, lots of books and a decaf coffee at Starbucks make her dizzily happy, Jana becomes a source of inspiration to others when sharing her knowledge in workshops or speaking engagements. Working with her leaves her clients full of energy, transformed and with real, tangible results.
in Self Help
Sunny will share her experiences working with leaders from all over the world: their concerns, their challenges, and best practices.
What to eat and drink in the days leading up to a running event is one of the biggest questions for many runners.
What to eat on the run is a close second.
In this episode of The Partnerunning Show we look at race fuel and how to give your self the energy to succeed.
Travelling Fit take us on a tour of the Berlin Marathon and let our listeners know they still have entries for 2013!
Regular segments includeL
Over the shoulder Ask Sue The road ahead
Adria Tennor's grandfather, Sam Tannenbaum, was a song-plugger for Irving Berlin who changed his German surname to Tennor to sound more American. Her grandmother taught her all these songs as she grew up in the suburbs of Detroit, Michigan. She studied acting and directing at New York University's Tisch School for the Arts. Her first role was as a 12-year-old boy talking about in Tompkins Square Park with an amnesiac in Hal Hartley's movie, Amateur (1994). With a few more film roles under her belt, Tennor moved to Los Angeles to work in television. There, she also performs her one-woman shows regularly around town, There's Not a Lot of Coat Check Work in LA, Electro Magnetic Stripper, and most recently Strip Search, inspired by her studies in pole dancing withSheila Kelley at The S Factor Studio. She lives with her restaurateur husband, Claudio Blotta.
Adria's acting credits include You Don't Mess With the Zohan, The Artist and AMC' s Mad Men.
Adria joins Take 2 Radio to talk about her career and upcoming projects on Tuesday, Sept. 23rd at 7pm eastern!
Hosts Janet Kira Lessin & Theresa J Morris with guests Chris Berman, Thomas R. Morris and Richard Lennie (from the UK). We begin with a rountable discussion between Janet, Chris, TJ and Richard Lennie from the UK. The show begins to heat up then when we’re in the middle of talking about the real guardians of the galaxy TJ goes in and gets her husband Tom who shares his experiences on board the shuttle ship, GUS, the galactic universal shuttle that transported him to the Command ship where he interacted with the aliens who guard the galaxy. Who are the Vril and what is their role in all of this? What's with all these UFO crashes anyway? What color are the aliens on the command ship and how many fingers do they have? Stay tuned for an amazing outcome.
We begin with a rountable discussion between Janet, Chris, TJ and Richard. The show begins to heat up then when we’re in the middle of talking about the real guardians of the galaxy TJ goes in and gets her husband Tom who shares his experiences on board the shuttle ship, GUS, the galactic universal shuttle that transported him to the Command ship where he interacted with the aliens who guard the galaxy. Chris Berman shares conspiracy facts hidden in his science fiction books. On this show we discuss his hidden agenda and the books he’s written which include Das Bell. In April of 1945, with the Allies closing in, Germany is about to be defeated and thousands of the Nazi elite vanish without a trace. From the watery grave of a sunken U-boat, through the enigmatic Plain of Nazca, and to the metropolis of modern-day Berlin, a mystery that imperils the entire world begins to unravel. -
See more at: http://www.aquarianradio.com/2014/09/18/alien-contact-organization-092014-chris-berman-janet-theresa-richard-lennie/#sthash.Y5GH0EGs.dpuf
Today, I will interview the founder of Vusay Wendell Brown. He will discuss the new social media platform.
Vusay makes videos more interactive. You can add comments highlighting specific moments of videos, then seamlessly share them on Facebook &Twitter.
Vusay (view-say), founded in 2013, is an innovative social platform that makes videos more interactive for consumers and enterprise customers. With Vusay, viewers add comments that highlight specific moments of Internet videos, then seamlessly share them via Facebook and Twitter. Vusay Media Corp. is a privately held company with offices in San Francisco, Santa Monica, Toronto and Berlin. To share in the experience, visit Vusay.com. Don't just watch your favorite video, Vusay it!
For many Americans, the word "Airpower" is defined by the exploits of the Eighth Air Force flying from England to bomb targets in Germany and occupied Europe. But there was much more to American airpower during World War II, then just the efforts of, "The Mighty Eighth." One of the more notable contributions to the Allied victory in Europe came from the U.S. Fiftheenth Air Force, based in the Mediterranean Theater of Operations. Though smaller than the Eighth, the Fifteenth Air Force was more diverse, and in some ways had a more challenging and varietal target set to prosecute. These ranged from radar stations that had to be destroyed prior to the invasion of the French Riviera in the summer of 1944, to the massive petroleum production facilities at Ploesti in Hungary. The Fifteenth Air Force was also the home to the all-Negro 332nd Fighter Group, the famous "Redtails" which had been trained as an "experiment" at Tuskegee, Alabama. And in spite of having been forgotten by most aviation historians, the men of the Fifteenth Air Force created a combat record as substantial as any other of World War II.
To learn more about the Fifteenth Air Force, join military historian, author and journalist John D. Gresham (@greshamj01) for Military Monday at 1 p.m. Eastern. His guest this week is well known aviation historian and Regency History Press author Barrett Tillman, whose new book, FORGOTTEN FIFTEENTH, chronicles the men, missions, and story of this little-known aerial armada. Together they will take listeners through a Mediterranean odyssey, combining World War II's most advanced weapons and aircraft, with a region as old as history itself. Listeners are encouraged to call in and offer both questions and opinions, and what should be a most enlightening hour of history for aviation buffs.
Daniel Hauben’s stock in trade has been the urban landscape. For more than 30 years he has been working on location in streets, in parks, from windows, and rooftops. Daniel received a degree in Fine Arts from the School of Visual Arts in New York City. He is an eight -time recipient of the BRIO Award from the Bronx Council on the Arts, and has been awarded artistic residencies in Spain, Germany, Costa Rica, Virginia, Connecticut and California. Mr Hauben has had over thirty national and international solo exhibitions including the Bronx Museum of the Arts and the American Embassy in Berlin. He has taught at the Pastel Society of America, the CUNY Graduate Center, the Art Students League, and currently teaches at the Riverdale YW-YMHA and the CCNY Spitzer School of Architecture. His public projects include “The EL” for the New York MTA’s ‘Arts For Transit’ program, and a twenty-two painting commission for a new (RAM Stern) library on the campus of Bronx Community College. His work is in corporate and public collections including The White House - Library of Congress - Museum of the City of NY - New York Historical Society - Harvard University - New York Public - Library - Zimmerli Art Museum.
For more information visit: www.danielhauben.com
Michael Frost Beckner "The Screewriter Series" EP 5 Screenwriter on Rex Sikes' Movie Beat. Michael launched his writing career with three record-making “spec” script sales: Texas Lead & Gold, Cutthroat Island, Hunchback of Notre Dame. He's writtern dozens of screenplays, studio rewrites, twenty pilots for commercial and cable networks, numerous episodes for network television, His first original film Sniper spawned three sequels. His big-screen success came with Universal's Spy Games, directed by Tony Scott starring Robert Redford and Brad Pitt. He created, Excutive Producered and wrote the CBS series, The Agency. He began his career as director, Barry Levinson’s Writing Assistant working with the director on Good Morning, Vietnam and Rain Man. From 1997 to 2008, he worked extensively with director, Sydney Pollack, adapting John Le Carre’s The Night Manager and writing two more films and developing two television series. Recent writing credits include: CSI: Crime Scene Investigators, Discovery's Gold Fever, and he is preparing the Spy Game prequel Muir’s Gambit for production and has adapted his novel Berlin Mesa into a 4 hour mini-series for AMC, Beckner is currently working on City of Lies with director Wolfgang Petersen. upcoming Civil War Event Mini-Series To Appomattox. Stay tuned to Rex Sikes Movie Beat for other great archived interviews, cast and crew listings, events, festivals, premieres, and more at http://www.rexsikes.com
Guest Bret Berlin and host Mitch Mallett, Democratic State Committee Members in Miami-Dade and Manattee counties respectively, discussed what it will take to win back the Statehouse and the obstacles involved. They also reviewed the remarkable turnout for the 2012 elections and voter trends in Florida.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (106 chatters)
- thelordshour (40 chatters)
- SasquatchWatch Radio (18 chatters)
- LauraDiPrete (17 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (16 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (16 chatters)
- Blueshirt Underground (15 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (15 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (14 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (11 chatters)
- Barbara DeLong (11 chatters)
- Dead End Sports (10 chatters)
- Pit Bulletin Legal News (9 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (8 chatters)
- WitchTalk Radio0 (8 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (7 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (7 chatters)
- Michael Bonner (6 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (6 chatters)
- Paranormal Geeks Radio (6 chatters)
- Fins Radio (6 chatters)
- thedean (6 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (5 chatters)
- Get Real LOL uncensored reality tv (5 chatters)
- in5d (5 chatters)
- 3 Counselors and a Couch (5 chatters)
- Prophecy Quake (5 chatters)
- Life Coach Chat Channel (5 chatters)
- Life Conversations (4 chatters)
- RAD1Radio (4 chatters)
- Body of Christ (4 chatters)
- Electric KoolAid for the Road (4 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (4 chatters)
- Twin Radio (4 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (4 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (4 chatters)
- Tarhaka (4 chatters)
- TEOTW (4 chatters)
- The Biblical Hebrew (4 chatters)
- The Captain0 (4 chatters)
- The Knicks at Nite Show (4 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (4 chatters)
- Your Enlightenment Zone (3 chatters)
- Wajm Radio (3 chatters)
- wayneG (3 chatters)
- TNNDN (3 chatters)
- The Rush UTEP Miners Radio (3 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (3 chatters)
- FuRbAbY AnD FrIeNdS (3 chatters)
- HisWordHisWay (3 chatters)
- Moreliapythonradio (3 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (3 chatters)
- Messages From Beyond (3 chatters)
- Marjorie Cole (2 chatters)
- Krista Dickan (2 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (2 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- New Colony Network (2 chatters)
- Omega Man (2 chatters)
- Real Talk Radio17 (2 chatters)
- Inspire Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Internationaldynastyartists (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (2 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (2 chatters)
- Coach Khayr (2 chatters)
- 64403 (2 chatters)
- 1twopunch (2 chatters)
- BC Interruption Radio (2 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (2 chatters)
- The Fourth Turn (2 chatters)
- TopSportsReport (2 chatters)
- WacoTeaPartyWatchdog (2 chatters)
- The Madden Voice (2 chatters)
- Soul Empowerment Radio (2 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (2 chatters)
- ShamanBarbandB (2 chatters)
- Shay Renae and Friends (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (1 chatters)
- SLZE Sports (1 chatters)
- Talk Radio 49 (1 chatters)
- The Mompreneur Show (1 chatters)
- The Power Podcast (1 chatters)
- The Random Frequency Network (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- The Huddle 3 (1 chatters)
- The Underground Sex Show (1 chatters)
- Woman2WomanTalkingToMen (1 chatters)
- WorldOfInkNetwork (1 chatters)
- Bellesprit (1 chatters)
- BishopDerianHouse (1 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- Cowboy Wisdom Radio (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- American Statesman (1 chatters)
- Bootch and Pat show with Bob (1 chatters)
- Brighter Business Empower (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (1 chatters)
- InThePaint (1 chatters)
- HomeTeam (1 chatters)
- GrownFolksBizness (1 chatters)
- RefJeremy (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- RotoExpertsXcom FantasySports Show (1 chatters)
- Rapture Ready Radio (1 chatters)
- Music4LifeUSA (1 chatters)
- NathanWalters0 (1 chatters)
- Pick6Mag (1 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (1 chatters)
- MKSPCG (1 chatters)
- manofgod7 (0 chatters)
- Kelly Outdoors (0 chatters)