SORT BY Relevancy
How do you take your skills from a prior career, a hobby and a love people and turn it into a business that fully supports charities, networking events while promoting the business relationships she has created over the years? Easy, ask Betsy.
Betsy’s Baskets is celebrating their 14th year creating custom Corporate and Personal Gift Baskets, Bears, Favors, Florals & Home Decor for All Occasions. Ask for Famous Brand Products & Business/Event Promo Ideas!
In business since April of 2000, our President, Betsy Maniotis, is a member of Who’s Who for Business Executives, Professionals & Entrepreneurs, as well as held board positions in numerous networking groups.Betsy’s Baskets was honored in 2013 to be placed in LinkedIn’s Top 1% of US Gift Businesses.In addition to being on the board for the World Adhesion Foundation, Baskets of Hope, and Jacie’s Kids, Betsy’s Baskets contributes to numerous organizations supporting Cleaning Angels, “Get A Voice” ~ an anti-bullying awareness & support group, sick & disabled children, breast cancer research, heart research, autism, lymphoma,, as well as special needs fundraisers that arise each year.
Strategies of Success
Host Brian A Cohen
This episode is part of our FINANCIAL FIERCENESS!™ series! This series integrates our financial goals into our development plan for surpassing our goals. This episode is, “Never have only one income stream! DIVERSIFY! (Baskets of Money)”
Diversify: to change (something) so that it has more different kinds of people or things
Option 1) No Diversification/ Only 1 income stream:
You have a full time job with a large company. You earn $3,700 USD gross per month. After taxes and other mandatory withholding, you have $2,600 USD per month (your net take home pay). Out of this amount you have to pay all of your necessary bills (utilities, etc.) and ideally you should save a percentage (15% or more is suggested). Then the “extra” leftover money is yours to use at your discretion for fun (entertainment, dining, etc.). You lose your job (layoffs, the firm goes out of business, etc.). Your income is now $0 USD per month. What do you do?
Option 2) Diversification/ More than 1 income stream:
You have a full time job with a large company. You earn $3,700 USD gross per month. After taxes and other mandatory withholding, you have $2,600 USD per month (your net take home pay). In addition, you have 5 rental properties (paid for with no mortgages). The total rental income is $6,000 USD per month. The necessary bills (property tax, insurance, etc.) total $1,850 per month. Your income (for your business or yourself depending on how you structure the ownership of the properties) is $4,150 per month. After taxes (which will vary depending on how you structure owning the properties), and other expenses (maintenance, repairs, etc.), the amount left is $2,500 USD per month. Your total income each month is $2,600 wages + $2,500 income from rental properties. You lose your job. Your income is now $2,500 per month.
Which option do you prefer?
The Building Your Xtra-Ordinary Business Radio Program!
Inspirational Coach & Author Jim Johnson and
My guest this Wednesday is Coach Jim Johnson, author of the bestselling book, "A Coach And A Miracle". On Feb. 15, 2006, Coach Johnson made the kindhearted gesture of inserting his autistic manager, Jason McElwain, now known to the world as J-Mac into Greece Athena High School’s final home game, which the Trojans won 79-43. J-Mac scored 20 points in just over four minutes, including six three-point baskets, to become an instant national celebrity. Coach Johnson, also, was featured in major news outlets around the country.
Coach Johnson has made a number of radio and television appearances, including the Oprah Winfrey and Jim Rome shows. In 2006 he met President George W. Bush, Governor George Pataki, and Senator Hillary Clinton, to name just a few luminaries. The Athena team was also paid a visit at school by NBA legend Earvin “Magic” Johnson. J-Mac’s magic moment won the ESPY for “Best Sports Moment” at the ESPN awards show later that year.
Log onto www.blogtalkradio.com/Jim-Nemley on Wednesday, September 17, 2014 at 7:00 pm EST. Don’t miss this show!
Transman Chris Trapani is the owner and chef of the food truck Urban Cowboy in Austin Texas. He competed on show Chopped titled The Great Food Truck Race for $10,000 and title of champion. Each contestant was challenged with mystery baskets of strange ingredients, they had to create something that appealed to the judges and also show off their culinary skills and creativity in the appetizer, entree and dessert rounds. Chris was eliminated in the second round.
Chef/Owner, Chris Trapani is originally from Brooklyn, NY. He lived there for almost 30 years and moved to Austin, TX several years ago. He has trained at the Texas Culinary Academy, worked for several top catering companies in New York City & Austin, fine dining, corporate and casual dining. He's created and executed menus for celebrities, television networks, corporate facilities, film shoots and independent restaurant concepts. He is known for his kind & genuine approach to service & a deep love for the south & everything country. He has a diverse & passionate approach to cuisine that is true to Texas and his urban roots.
His webpage is http://www.urbancowboyfood.com and to see the episode of Keep On Trucking on Chopped go here: http://www.foodnetwork.com/chopped/keep-on-trucking/index.html
We're back with our latest podcast and we're eating the "Fruit of the Poisonous Tree!" Grab your picnic baskets and shine up your magic mirrors, it's time to head to the lakeshore and find Sidney's lamp! Zach Van Norman and Amy Hood are ready to go with their latest episode rewatch. PLUS: we'll be joined by Mig Macario (Bashful) and Jeffrey Kaiser (Dopey) for an exclusive interview about their latest project! See you on the podcast!
Join us in the chat room or call 347-677-1653 to share your thoughts on the air!
Sauce the way your grandma made it! About a year ago, Matt Gallira founded The Atlantic Ave Co., an artisanal sauce company. All products share hand-crafted qualities: small batch sauces start with fresh herb-infused organic extra virgin olive oil, San Marzano tomatoes, Cabernet Sauvignon, and carefully sourced ingredients like hand-made Pancetta and imported Porcini mushrooms. After quitting his job as a financial services recruit in Boston, Matt came home to NJ to make sauce. “... I guess one day I got enough compliments from it that I thought maybe I could do this professionally.” He began by selling gift baskets and jars on Black Friday at the Garden State Plaza Mall. Matt says the problem with sauce in grocery stores is their industrial production. Companies mass produce sauce by passing very hot steam through the ingredients instead of cooking them. But the difficulties of giving artisanal care to large amounts of sauce are apparent. “At a certain point this sauce needs to slow cook for two and a half hours. That’s why no one makes it this way… it’s hard to scale up.” This is the 2nd of a 3-part series on food entrepreneurs. “What do you need to start a business? Three simple things: know your product better than anyone, know your customer, and have a burning desire to succeed,” said Dave Thomas, Founder of Wendy’s. An entrepreneur is someone who sees an opportunity, sizes up its value, and finds the resources to make it work. Entrepreneurs are typically innovators introducing something new to the marketplace, putting a different spin on a product – and willing to take a risk for their success. Find out from Matt what it took to launch his product. After the interview, check After Hours at Jersey Coastal Live for more info.
with Coach Jim Johnson (CoachJimJohnson.com)
Coach Johnson made the kind hearted gesture of inserting his autistic manager, Jason McElwain, now known to the world as J-Mac into Greece Athena High School’s final home game, which the Trojans won 79-43. J-Mac scored 20 points in just over four minutes, including six three-point baskets, to become an instant national celebrity. Coach Johnson, also, was featured in major news outlets around the country. On this show he will share his beliefs as a coach and how one person can in fact make all the difference that lead him to write the book, A Coach and a Miracle.
Today on the Jeff Foxx Radio Show Online. We will be talking to author & entrepreneur Nanette M. Buchanan. Nanette took her love of writing children's stories & poems for prayer cards to another level by forming "I Pen Designs", making gift baskets with personalized thoughts from the heart. After releasing her 1st novel in 2007 I Pen Books was born.
Reach out to
Nanette M Buchanan today
Hear the rest Nanette's exciting and compelling story Today on the Jeff Foxx Radio Show Online
Flower Talk is my topic tonight on Blogtalkradio. Zontini Link, Jr. is the owner and master designer of Event Decorators located in Virginia Beach, Va. His business Event Decorators supplies a full line of Custom Designed items, such as, flower arrangements, gift baskets, plants, and mortuary sprays. He is proud of being a full service Florist which includes delivery. You are listening to Blogtalkradio. I'm Laura Gall and the name of my show is "You Talk Too Much". My focus this year is on businesses and community organizations that deliver vital services to neighborhoods in Hampton Rds, Va. My call in number tonight is 1-714-242-5273. Thank you so much for listening.
After 9 books in the Delancey Dynasty mini-series from Harlequin Intrigue, Mallory Kane presents the riveting conclusion in two books--Sanctuary in Chef Voleur and Blood Ties in Chef Voleur.
Special Guest, Mallory Kane, will appear for a 2 hour Release Party simultaneously on Hummingbird Place Radio and on Mallory Kane Author Facebook Page. https://www.facebook.com/mallorykane/events
Mallory will discuss her popular 11 book Delancey Dynasty mini-series for Harlequin Intrigue and will take questions live from callers and EMailers. She will be live posting on Facebook and Twitter and will be giving away books, bling, baskets and other fabulous goodies.
Giveaways during the live broadcast
-- Complete signed set of 11 Delancey Dynasty books
-- New Orleans themed Goody Basket.
-- Delancey Dynasty print and electronic books.
-- Decorated ceramic Venetian/Harlequin masks (2).
-- Audio book of SANCTUARY IN CHEF VOLEUR.
-- Audio book of BLOOD TIES IN CHEF VOLEUR.
-- One-of-a-kind reading necklace designed and crafted by Mallory Kane.
-- Mallory Kane mini-bottles of Tabasco sauce.
-- and much more
in Self Help
What are the essential keys to make your dreams come true?
Tune in for this uplifting interview with Coach Jim Johnson, author of “A Coach and a Miracle.” Jim will share his wisdom on the subject of realizing your dreams. In his many public-speaking appearances, Coach Jim Johnson relates his role in a basketball game that got Hollywood calling. He also emphasizes the importance of teamwork and sportsmanship, delivering his talks with a heartfelt style that has brought audiences to their feet.
About Coach Jim Johnson
Coach Johnson has developed winning high-school basketball teams for 27 years, taking over three losing varsity programs and turning them into winners in short periods of time. On Feb. 15, 2006, Coach Johnson made the kindhearted gesture of inserting his autistic manager, Jason McElwain, now known to the world as J-Mac into Greece Athena High School’s final home game, which the Trojans won 79-43. J-Mac scored 20 points in just over four minutes, including six three-point baskets, to become an instant national celebrity. After winning a series of championships, Coach Johnson was invited to major news outlets around the country, including the Oprah Winfrey and Jim Rome shows.
Visit Cloris’s Site: www.cloriskylie.com
Follow Cloris on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cloriskylie
LET'S GET SOME DECENT CANDIDATES FOR PRESIDENT. DR. CARSON WOULD BE THE FIRST BLACK AMERICAN PRESIDENT. YOU WOULD GET THE TRUTH THE WHOLE TRUTH AND NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH SO HELP YOU GOD.
THREE STAR FRONT LINE GENERAL STANLEY MCCHRYSTAL WOULD NOT GIVE US BENGHAZI. BESIDES THE UPCOMING WAR WILL BE NUCLEAR AND THAT CALLS FOR SPLIT SECOND DECISIONS. BOTH OBAMA, HIS PARTY AND HILLARY BLOOD CLOT WOULD NOT TAKE THE THREE AM CRY FOR HELP. THEY EVEN HUNG UP THE PHONE WHILE PINETTA SAID WE CAN'T GO IN GUNS ABLAZING NOT KNOWING THE LAY OUT. DOHERTY AND WOODS HAD LASER PAINTED THE LAYOUT. OBAMA SAYS HE IS GETTING US OUT OF WARS. BUT HE IS LEAVING MEN TO DIE. WHILE GENERAL DEMPSEY SHOOTS A FEW BASKETS. NOW THERE IS TALK THAT OBAMA WILL NOMINATE MCCHRYSTAL FOR VA CHIEF. THAT IS TO TAKE HIM OFF THE PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE FIELD. THE OTHER CANDIDATE IS ADMIRAL LEMON. THE POLITICAL ADMIRAL WHO GAVE THE BENGHAZI MURDERS A CLEAN BILL OF DEATH. ADMIRAL LEMON ALSO SAID HE WOULD NEVER GO TO WAR WITH IRAN. CANCEL HIS HAT CHECK.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (498 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (90 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (38 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (33 chatters)
- thelordshour (31 chatters)
- Namaste Farms (26 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (26 chatters)
- in5d (22 chatters)
- MN.B.R.T. (18 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (15 chatters)
- BerniceBennett (15 chatters)
- Cross Talk Radio brother Lawrence (15 chatters)
- The Oracle Speaks (15 chatters)
- The One People Oneness Radio (13 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (13 chatters)
- ILLUMINATION (12 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (12 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (12 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (11 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (11 chatters)
- Omega Man (9 chatters)
- Higher Truth Radio (9 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (9 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (8 chatters)
- HisWordHisWay (7 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (7 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (7 chatters)
- Rifleman (7 chatters)
- The Captain0 (5 chatters)
- The Portal (5 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (5 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (5 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (5 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (5 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio Mass Media (5 chatters)
- Personality Speaking (5 chatters)
- Mormon Vegetarian (5 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (4 chatters)
- churchfolk (4 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (4 chatters)
- Shifting Times Radio (4 chatters)
- SportsBuzzRadio (4 chatters)
- Station IWDM (4 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (3 chatters)
- Twin Radio (3 chatters)
- Healing Light Radio (3 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (3 chatters)
- AtaensicNetworkStation (3 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (3 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (3 chatters)
- Live with Shirley (2 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (2 chatters)
- Pro MMA Now Radio (2 chatters)
- Raw Sex (2 chatters)
- reactionariez (2 chatters)
- Body of Christ (2 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (2 chatters)
- Frat House Sports (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- Drunken Radio (2 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (2 chatters)
- DiabetesSocMed (2 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (2 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (2 chatters)
- Speak your mind7 (2 chatters)
- Random Rants (2 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Sportscolumndotcom (2 chatters)
- The Crystal Show (2 chatters)
- The War Room (2 chatters)
- The Love Zone USA (2 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (1 chatters)
- The Chronical of Ladi Kay (1 chatters)
- The Rad Reality Show (1 chatters)
- The Russell Reed Show (1 chatters)
- The Seika Network (1 chatters)
- The Smooth Jazz Ride (1 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (1 chatters)
- The Tailgate Show (1 chatters)
- The View from Montana (1 chatters)
- Terrachat Net (1 chatters)
- The Bully Effect0 (1 chatters)
- SURN Host (1 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (1 chatters)
- Sweet Psychic (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- SirTemplar (1 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (1 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (1 chatters)
- WDC DA MOVEMENT (1 chatters)
- TWR Radio (1 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (1 chatters)
- Top Star Hip Hop Radio (1 chatters)
- Diary of A Psalmist (1 chatters)
- drkate (1 chatters)
- Ebony Empress (1 chatters)
- God In The Midst (1 chatters)
- Enterpraisement Media Group (1 chatters)
- Bigbagstudios (1 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- cathies DistantEchos (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- Aubrey Allen Smith (1 chatters)
- BBQSS Sports Network (1 chatters)
- Ask the Theologian (1 chatters)
- Restoring Your Reality (1 chatters)
- Pro Wrestling Torch (1 chatters)
- Mystic Light and Shadows (1 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (1 chatters)
- KLJN 107 7 (1 chatters)
- Larcher and Lorensen (1 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (1 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (1 chatters)
- Living a Richer Life (1 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (1 chatters)
- manofgod7 (1 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Live (1 chatters)
- NDB Media (0 chatters)