SORT BY Relevancy
Modern means of communication has turned the world into a global village, where everyone in the world is our neighbor. Some people are the type of people you wouldn't want as neighbors. You know who they are - loud, ignorant, destructive, disrespectful, out of control. When we think of traveling to enjoy another part of the world and experience the culture, there are some places in the world we would love to be, the people seem interesting, the entertainment enjoyable, the way of life seems comfortable, and we could feel safe. But what does the rest of the world see when they consider traveling to the inner cities of America? The world loves our music and dancing, but what about this image of excessive crime? This week, we'll talk to journalists and image makers who are examining the global impressions of African American culture, and how that affects the economy in the inner cities. Today we'll talk to members CAAAP, Chicago Association of African American Photographers, whose mission is to capture images that define the history and culture of African American people. Our guests are photographer Deleshia Kinney who is working on a new photography book on African American women and beauty of their natural hair, and Curtis Kojo Morrow, artist, photographer and author of the books "What's A Commie Ever Done To Black People?" and "My Sankofa."
Join The Gist of Freedom as we speak with two Gist family genealogists, Dr. Natalie Pierce and Mr. James E. Gist.
Peter Gist Still the long lost enslaved brother of the Father of The Underground Railroad, William Still. After 40 years Peter is reunited with his mother Charity Still!
Samuel Gist was a resident of Great Britain and Virginia. In his will, Gist insisted his daughter free all the slaves she owned on the Gould Hill Plantation in Virginia. She complied and establish 6 free Gist Settlements throughout Ohio. Many of the descendants of the enslaved Gist settlers still live on the settlement.
Samuel Gist was orphaned. In 1739, he was shipped to Virginia where he was indentured.
Sequoyah (George Gist) created the Cherokee alphabet, the syllabary.
Secessionist South Carolina Governor – William Henry Gist, 1858-1860 The first to secede
Are Africa American Men the biggest victims of socieity that teaches that its ok to have three woman, its ok to be dishonest, its ok to disrespect and dishonor their black woman.
Raising an African American Male, in today's society. Why do we raise our daughters & spoil our sons. How do we save & protect our children? This week we have Dr. Willie J. Kimmons founder of Save Children, Save Schools & Judge Tarik Sugarmon, candidate for Juvenile Court Judge.
Dr. Kimmons’ Motto is …“Help Me to Help Somebody to Save Our Children, and Save Our Schools; Never, Ever, Give Up On Our Children, Because Our Children are Our Greatest Resource; Our Children are an Extension of Us; and Our Children are Our Future.”
Dr. Kimmons is a new voice for partners in education. He founded his corporation in 2005, Save Children Save Schools, Inc. Educational Services, 1653 Lawrence Circle, Daytona Beach, Florida 32117
For many genealogy can seem overwhelming, especially for those of slave ancestry. There are very specific challenges that African Americans researching family history face. Tune as the Sistas chat with African American genealogy expert Elon Cook about the challenges and resources for African American Genealogy. Elon Cook is an experienced genealogist; she received her Masters Degree from Brown University and is a newly confirmed member of the Daughters of the American Revolution. To learn more about Elon check out her website here.
Join participants of the professiolnal genealogy class of the Midwest African American Institute for an engaging and informative discussion on " Why Genealogy" with Matilda and her children.
"The Genealogy as a Profession class at MAAGI 2014 created WHY GENEALOGY? centered around a slave named Matilda asking her descendants why they were or were not trying to find their family. Sarah Cato is the producer and host. Cast members: Konnetta Alexander is the slave named Matilda from the Graham Slave Records. Myra DeShields-Moulton tells about her research findings and the family books she’s written. Camile Camille Genealogy Sista Johnson representing the X-generation’s interest or lack of interest. Flavia Frierson asks why should she research that old stuff. Roland Miller shares the migration path of ex-slaves. Audrie McRay tells why she researches her family and makes family scrapbooks.
Today on Help Relationships 102, we tackle the much need issue of being today's African-American Mother raising her fatherless and statisically devestated, son. In this series, we will equipped her with the badly needed toosl, required to increase her chances of giving her son a fighting chance for survival and even succes-- and subsequently minimizing the risk of having her heart broken by her often, confused and unruely baby boy!
Join us as we address this unaddressed issue!
Listen to the Pan-African Journal special worldwide radio broadcast hosted by Abayomi Azikiwe, editor of the Pan-African News Wire.
African American Genealogy & Slave Ancestry Research (AAGSAR) is a technology-centric, collaborative for genealogists researching their slave ancestry.
A NO OBSERVERS Community we focus on 3 primary goals:
SLAVE ANCESTRY RESEARCH SKILL DEVELOPMENT
MIGRATING FAMILY RESEARCH ONLINE
We differ from most African Amercian genealogy communities in that all of our collaboration, research, teaching and sharing is anchored by smart technology.
To join the AAGSAR Community you must be active on Facebook, and have [or be willing to create] a family blog and/or website. Don't worry! Support is ALWAYS available should you need help getting started!
We’re a close-knit community and offer 1:1 coaching to drive your slave ancestry research forward! NO BRICK WALLS PERMITTED.
Please join us, every Sunday at 6PM ET for our new "You Got Roots?!" segment! We promise - genealogy + technology has never been this fun!:)
EDUCATE. ENGAGE. ADVOCATE.
The AAGSAR Community
For more You Got Roots?! program information: http://aagsaryougotroots.wordpress.com/upcoming-events
Tune in on our new day Sunday's at 6:30 pm EST.
Today we will discuss interracial dating. Why some African American women are opposed to it.
Find out what actress Regina King has to say to women that arent open to the thought.
Today on HELP! Relationships102, most of what we have addressed to this point has to do with effectively raising your African-American son, despite the competing influences vying for his attention! But, what about those of you who never learned about the approaches opened up in this last weeks broadcast? How do you deal with your now, teenage African-American son who has already bought into the lure of the 'street life'? Is there hope for you?
Join us as we address this unaddressed issue!
Join Host Live Chats
- Phoenix3333 (107 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (72 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (43 chatters)
- Rundgren Radio (40 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (30 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (24 chatters)
- thelordshour (24 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (20 chatters)
- SasquatchWatch Radio (15 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (14 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (13 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (13 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (13 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (10 chatters)
- Dr DREAM and Laura Eisenhower (10 chatters)
- Life Conversations (10 chatters)
- Odwirafo (9 chatters)
- gamechangersradio (8 chatters)
- Inspire Radio Network (7 chatters)
- Eric Balkman (7 chatters)
- Dead End Sports (7 chatters)
- Messages From Beyond (7 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (6 chatters)
- Conservative Nation Radio (6 chatters)
- ExpandingU RADIO (6 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (6 chatters)
- Twin Radio (6 chatters)
- wayneG (5 chatters)
- The Biblical Hebrew (5 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (5 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (5 chatters)
- SpeakingXOut (5 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (5 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (5 chatters)
- Lorries Talk News Radio (5 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (4 chatters)
- G220 Radio (4 chatters)
- Game Centric Radio (4 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (4 chatters)
- TheInfiniteSupernaturalNetwork (4 chatters)
- The Psychic Surgeon (4 chatters)
- The Real Time Radio Network (4 chatters)
- TruthWorks Network (4 chatters)
- Jay King Network (3 chatters)
- Curious Times (3 chatters)
- EncouragingMomentsWithKeva (3 chatters)
- Coach Khayr (3 chatters)
- Prophecy Quake (3 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (3 chatters)
- Sherry Andrea (3 chatters)
- Lauren Tenney (3 chatters)
- Metaphysical and Spiritual Chat (3 chatters)
- Paranormal Horizons (3 chatters)
- Pastor Andrew Bills (3 chatters)
- MUTHA WIT WISDOM (2 chatters)
- Mystic Light and Shadows (2 chatters)
- ShayXRenae and Friends (2 chatters)
- SURN Host (2 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (2 chatters)
- Restoring Your Reality (2 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (2 chatters)
- Art Bulla (2 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (2 chatters)
- Blasturthoughts (2 chatters)
- Enough Iz Enough (2 chatters)
- FuRbAbY AnD FrIeNdS (2 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (2 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (2 chatters)
- Inner Child Radio (2 chatters)
- HisWordHisWay (2 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (2 chatters)
- TonyWolfPaw (2 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (2 chatters)
- WARRIOR TALK RADIO (2 chatters)
- Winning America Back (2 chatters)
- Zaiyahs House (2 chatters)
- The Candy Coated Network (2 chatters)
- The Drop Night Show (2 chatters)
- Talking Smooth Jazz (2 chatters)
- Talk2Q (1 chatters)
- The Exchange (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- The RetroUnlim Network (1 chatters)
- The Fourth Turn (1 chatters)
- The NTuned Show (1 chatters)
- William Telltale (1 chatters)
- The View from Montana (1 chatters)
- HomeTeam (1 chatters)
- Innovative Black Men (1 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (1 chatters)
- Dr Synonymous (1 chatters)
- Catz1* (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- 3 Degrees Talk Show (1 chatters)
- AOW Productions (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (1 chatters)
- DONNELL BALLARD MORNING SHOW (1 chatters)
- Rapture Ready Radio (1 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (1 chatters)
- Shifting Times Radio (1 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (1 chatters)
- patriots united (1 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (1 chatters)
- Marjorie Cole (1 chatters)
- Married Men Dont Talk Show (1 chatters)
- The Underground Sex Show (0 chatters)