SORT BY Relevancy
Fort Hood National Bank Senior Vice President Ron Taylor joins the show to discuss banking to veterans and active duty military. What products and services do they need and what banking challenges are presented when soldiers are deployed? Dimitris Rousseas of Compliance Alliance answers the question of the week about balloon mortgage loans.
The Federal Reserve Act (enacted December 23, 1913 signed into law by president Woodrow Wilson) was purportedly designed to aid in:
1. Conducting the nation’s monetary policy by influencing monetary and credit conditions in the economy in pursuit of maximum employment, stable prices, and moderate long-term interest rates.
2. Supervising and regulating banking institutions to ensure the safety and soundness of the nation’s banking and financial system, and protect the credit rights of consumers.
3. Maintaining stability of the financial system and containing systemic risk that may arise in financial markets.
4. Providing financial services to depository institutions, the U.S. government, and foreign official institutions, including playing a major role in operating the nation’s payments system.
The Origins of Fractional Reserve Banking
In XVIth century England people who had gold would deposit it with goldsmiths for safekeeping. In exchange they got a signed receipt guaranteeing that they could retrieve it. The value assigned to that note backed by the gold in the goldsmith’s vault made it possible to use it for payment.
That means if A deposited £10 worth of gold and had in his possession a receipt he could settle his debt with it. That receipt, actually a promissory note, became money. The person who took it in payment could either use it as is, or at some later point retrieve the gold in the goldsmith’s keeping.
At the same time B borrows £10 worth of gold from the goldsmith but receives a promissory note. He settles his debt to C with that note. Now there are two notes in circulation for one amount of gold. The goldsmith issues further notes, knowing that all claims would not have to be honored at the same time.
Are the current conflicts, crises, and culture issues in America any different from the ones in the past? Join Sisters4Freedom as they discuss these topics and so much more.
Don't forget that we consider you an extended family member, so you are invited to participate by calling the show and by connecting with us in the chat room. The call-in number is 347-850-8231--live at 6:30 PM Eastern, 5:30 PM Central, 4:30 PM Mountain, and 3:30 PM Pacific. Additionally, you can help us to share the show with your Facebook network. Simply go to BlogTalkRadio.com, click on the “Connect using Facebook” button at the top of the page, and follow the prompts. Stop by and leave a comment or suggestion at our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sisters4Freedom-Radio/580796928688543 #Heels2TheGround #Sisters4Freedom
1) Program intro
2) We have 2 reports to play on our program .
Part 1 - House Passes Bill Further Weakening Financial Regulation
-TRNN's Jessica Desvarieux looks at the key bill provisions benefiting Wall Street, and also examines the so-called opposition of Democratic lawmakers - January 15, 2015
3) Music Break
4) Part 2 - Is Financial Fraud Too Complex to Prosecute?
-The Department of Justice is using an illegitimate excuse to explain why it has not prosecuted any senior bankers, says Bill Black, former bank regulator and current Associate Professor of Economics and Law at the University of Missouri-Kansas City - October 27, 14
5) My closing Comments
6) Closing Music , O Canada them song
in Self Help
January 22, 2015 - LIVING A RICHER LIFE ~ Life Changing Talk Radio
THEME: Dealing with Problems and Crises: Techniques and Strategies That Work
INTERVIEW GUEST: Jim Grigsby, CRCE, CHCS,
Jim Grigsby is President and CEO of Jim Grigsby Consulting. His company specializes in providing problem-solving strategies for organizations as well as individuals. His business expertise encompasses helping private and public sector organizations tackle financial, resource and staffing solutions ranging from revenue cycle improvement and cash generation to training and staff development. Jim is also a motivational speaker, mentor and the author of an innovative book on problem-solving titled, “Don't Tick Off The Gators!: Managing Problems Before Problems Manage You."
THIS WEEK’S MESSAGE:
Problem-solving makes up a large part of our daily lives. Problems can range from small ones, such as what to eat today, to very complex business or career challenges. In cognitive psychology, the term problem-solving refers to the mental process that people go through to discover, analyze and solve problems. This involves all of the steps in the problem-solving process, including the discovery of the problem, the decision to tackle the issue, understanding the problem, researching the available options and taking actions to achieve your goals. Before problem-solving can occur, it is important to first understand the exact nature of the problem itself. If your understanding of the issue is faulty, your attempts to resolve it will also be incorrect or flawed. What are some techniques and strategies that we all can use to help us more effectively deal with problems and crises?
Sandy LeVan of the United Tenants of Albany talks about the housing crises in Albany
We have a very special guest this morning "in the Pickle Barrel".
Robert Mazur was a federal customs and excise agent who lived the high life of Colombia's most powerful cartels while using his undercover alias Bob Musella. One of his prioritized missions was to record the abundant amount of damning evidence that would culminate into a major takedown at a staged wedding. His target under Operation C-Chase was bankers who manipulated complex international finance systems in order to launder money for drug lords like Pablo Escobar, and ultimately proved critical in the conviction of General Manuel Noriega.
Do I have some guestions for this man? What do you think? Why and how these Cartels continue to operate freely? How do these cartel's pose a threat to our national security? Have you always had a death wish? and many more.
Jump 'In the Pickle Barrel this morning and join the discussions on the world of global banking and how these banks contribute to the world of terrorism.
Hope to see you at 8AM-10AM EST
1) Program introduction
2) This is Part 3 of the Canadian Senate report on Banking , Trade and Commerace
3) Playing of Part 3
4) my finnal comments
5) Colsing Music , the them song od O Canada
Edgar Cahn, the founder of TimeBanks, joins Robert Thompson and co-host, Mike Neiss in their latest installment of Leadership and the Common Good. What exactly is TimeBanks and why has Cahn dedicated much of his life to this effort? We think TimeBanking is an extraordinary way of giving and receiving to build supportive networks and strong communities. It's "Pay It Forward" on steroids. Leadership for the Common Good is a new Thought Grenades series highlighting real leaders demonstrating real leadership and solving real problems in real time. We'd really love you to join us. Practical, simple and effective ideas on how you can make a positive difference for yourself, your organization and the world. Oh, and we have fun too! Listen live on Mondays at 10 a.m Pacific, or subscribe on iTunes and listen when convenient.
Let's talk about the way that banking was in the past and how different it is today with the banks. Join the show at 10:00am. Call (818)301-5834.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (408 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (73 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (36 chatters)
- MIKE MILLZ RADIO (32 chatters)
- Curious Times (20 chatters)
- thelordshour (19 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (18 chatters)
- Rated G Radio (15 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (15 chatters)
- Dead End Sports (14 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (13 chatters)
- Odwirafo (13 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (13 chatters)
- Renegade Radio Network (8 chatters)
- Universal Radio (7 chatters)
- OPWR (5 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (5 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (5 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (4 chatters)
- Paranormal Horizons (4 chatters)
- Eye of the Seer (4 chatters)
- IDECLAIR (4 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (4 chatters)
- Prophecy Quake (4 chatters)
- The Asylum0 (4 chatters)
- The Will and Thunder Show (3 chatters)
- InThePaint (3 chatters)
- Life Conversations (3 chatters)
- NDB Media (3 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (3 chatters)
- Donna Schmid (3 chatters)
- Fresh Fire Prayer LineBrother Kay (2 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (2 chatters)
- AACONS (2 chatters)
- REAL TALK AFTER DARK RADIO (2 chatters)
- QAR Live Radio (1 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (1 chatters)
- Perry Steele (1 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (1 chatters)
- Love Productions (1 chatters)
- Authority Smashers (1 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- Dailyrotox (1 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (1 chatters)
- Crush Radio Raw (1 chatters)
- EncouragingMomentsWithKeva (1 chatters)
- Dr Synonymous (1 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (1 chatters)
- Ring Revolution Radio0 (1 chatters)
- SURN Host (1 chatters)
- Top Star Hip Hop Radio (1 chatters)