SORT BY Relevancy
As I visited the sick in my family, a truth emerged very much hard to deny. We share a huge responsibility in happens to us. Not all can be blamed on others because we have more information at our fingertips than ever. Knowledge is suppose to make us better, why can't that knowledge save us from our own vises?
When you are healthy, you are happier. Right? We should all play a more active role in our personal health and the health of those we love. Truly loving someone is being involved in encouraging them to do well in choosing good foods, getting missing minerals and adding an exercise regiment to their daily lives. What is love without care?
The media, the politicians and the police are calling the younger people in Baltimore thugs, gangsters, rioters and lawbreakers. But, what do you call them? Years of mistreatment by the government and the extension of the police has caused people to say NO MORE!. They are fighting back, putting their bodies and lives on the line saying this is no way to continue to live. They are uprising, they are soldiers in a war waged against them for no reasons other than oppression and denial. Of course, if they were white boys standing up and fighting back, America would call them patriots. So why are black people who had enough of government oppression called thugs and rioters, when white people are called patriots for resisting government oppression?
The Baltimore Ravens are a favorite for many to represent the AFC in the Superbowl - and for good reason. The Ravens are stacked on both sides of the ball with a formula for success. The only challenge is that they are in the AFC North and the Steelers and Bengals are primed to be tough competition. Add a schedule that includes the NFC West and the road to a championship is filled with potholes.
Next Fan Up's Ravens Superfan Rex gives us the details to prepare for a successful Ravens season.
Next Fan Up: blogtalkradio.com/nextfanup
Join Nancy J. Reid & Lisa D. Smith - publishers of Big Blend Radio & TV Magazine for Big Blend Radio’s Rants, Raves & Rock ‘n Roll show, streaming live online from the historic Coronado Motor Hotel in Yuma, Arizona!
On This Episode:
- Baltimore Uprising - Filmmaker Jordan Flaherty explores racial and economic justice issues in a new documentary series. Part One, Baltimore: A Moment to a Movement, exposes conditions that fueled the Baltimore Uprising. The second film focuses on reconstruction of New Orleans.
- Red Wedding – Michael Ely, lead singer of the rock band Red Wedding, discusses the life and music of guitarist James ‘Spider’ Taylor, his late husband. Partners in love and in music, Michael and Spider were together for over 40 years and married in the fall of 2014. Spider passed away this spring from liver cancer.
Join Host Live Chats
- WGAG Radio (11 chatters)
- Ebony Empress (4 chatters)
- Homer Hambone (3 chatters)
- whaleystudios (3 chatters)
- Audrey Russo (3 chatters)
- Paranormal Static (2 chatters)
- The War Room (1 chatters)
- Twelve Music (1 chatters)
- Vs After Dark Radio (1 chatters)
- JASmius (1 chatters)
- NewMusicInferno (1 chatters)
- OPWR (1 chatters)
- The Organic View (0 chatters)