SORT BY Relevancy
Yvette W. Jones talks with Hassan Latif (Founder) and Sean Ahshee Taylor (Senior Case Manager) of Second Chance Center, Inc. as they share their story and how they are helping others stay out of prison.
Hassan A. Latif is the Founder and Executive Director of Second Chance Center, Inc. As a Certified Addictions Counselor he provides one on one and group counseling services throughout the Denver Metro area. A nationally certified Cognitive Behavior Change Facilitator(NCTI), he also directs the mentoring efforts of SCC, while returning to various Colorado Department of Corrections prisons, and local community corrections/half way house facilities, to offer the same supportive services.
After serving almost 18 consecutive years in Colorado penitentiaries, Hassan embarked on a career trying to help others avoid prison. As a member of the Board of Directors of the Colorado Criminal Justice Reform Coalition, he helps to drive that organization’s mission to reverse the trend of mass incarceration in the State of Colorado.
Sean Ahshee Taylor, was born in Springfield Massachusetts but grew up primarily in Denver Colorado. In the late eighties, at the age of 17, Sean got himself into serious trouble and was sentenced to life in prison. Upon his incarceration he began a journey of bettering himself. After serving 22 years within the Department of Corrections the outgoing Governor, Bill Ritter Jr., commuted Sean’s life sentence and he was released from prison. This former Gang Banger and Lifer is now a Case Manager, Mentor and Certified Fitness Instructor for the Second Chance Center. He is making the most of his second chance while doing his best to show others how to do the same.
Learn more about the organization, http://www.scccolorado.org
Advanced Wellness and Weight Loss Center.
6029 Belt Line Rd Suite 100 Dallas Tx 75254. 972-392-7008
I am a Doctor of Chiropractic and Acupuncture. I have almost 30 years of experience. I specialize in Corporate Wellness and Pain Management without Prescription Drugs or Surgery. I was one of the first doctors in DFW that did non surgical spinal decompression. How long will we be speaking?
THE URBAN TEACHER CENTER
" Preparing EFFECTIVE teachers for Urban Education"
Welcome to first time guest Jennifer Green, CEO and Co Founder of UTC, a teacher prep non-profit in Baltimore and D.C.
Presented by ZANER BLOSER
Family Guidance Center is back with us with a follow up to the Open Enrollment! Open Enrollment for the Affordable Health Plan runs from November 15th, 2014 to February 15, 2014. So many questions and yet we are still working to answer them!
One question in particular is "Why Do I Need Health Insurance"? I'm never sick!
I can't afford insurance, sometimes I work and sometimes I don't!
Having a health plan is smart
When you have a health plan, you’ll also be more likely to get routine checkups and preventive care which helps you stay healthy – and saves money on medical costs in the long run.
It can be affordable, too
A health plan can fit your budget because you can choose the coverage you want. For example, choosing a higher deductible can lower your monthly rate.
Family Guidance Centers ~ Thank you to Sharon Smith and The TEAM!
Tune in...Call in and get your questions answered ~ Guest Call In 1 (347) 327-9305
N' The Know With Moe ~ Maureen "Moe" Forte' Talk Radio Host
The word God spoke concerning you is not dead! Often times we're in a wait season that brings about the weight of carrying the promise. A "wait" season is not a time of doing nothing. It's a time of preparation, a time of "active" labor. When a woman is expecting a baby she doesn't wait until she's on the delivery table to start making preparations for her baby's arrival. No, between the pregnancy and the delivery of the promise, there's a process that she goes through. There's weight gain, appointments to the doctor, exercise, getting the nursery ready, etc. She's actively preparing to accommodate the arrival of her baby. In the spirit realm, being pregnant with purpose is not for us to just sit and not prepare ourselves for what's to come. Stop despising your "waiting room" season and actively go through the labor of preparation and meet those requirements that God has scheduled for you. It's imperative to grow as you go to ensure a safe delivery. Can you handle the weight of your wait? Can you go through the process to get to your promise?Sometimes when we're in this midst of our "waiting room" experience, the "weight" we're carrying can become so heavy because we're ready to see the manifestation of our promise. Don't allow the weight of the wait cause you to push out the promise before it's time. It is imperative that we discern between our "due and do season". Abraham and Sarah had a prophetic promise but because the weight of their wait season looked "barren" they decided to countefeit the process. A countereit process will produce an illegitimate promise. How many of us are delivering fradulent births and get upset because God doesn't forge His signature on it? Don't allow the weight of the process to induce you out of our wait season, the promise is not dead!
Today on Alzheimer's Speaks Radio we will be raising awareness on staying mentally healthy when caring for someone with dementia for the first hour; and then the second hour we will learn about Pittsburgh's Alzheimer's Disease Research Center.
Our first guest will be Jill LaFaive Gafner founder of Global Training Experts. I love her story, as it shows the power of her shift and how she has leveraged her new skills in caregiving with her base skill set of coaching and training. Jill has earned her Certified Dementia Practitioner and Alzheimer's Disease and Dementia Training certificates through the International/National Council of Certified Dementia Practitioners. Jill also authored the book, “Personal Positioning for the Caregiver”, a motivational guide for caregivers on staying mentally healthy while caring for their patients. Join the conversation and find out what tips Jill has to share with you.
Contact Jill at: Website Phone (586) 419-6073
Our second was not able to make the show today. We will be rescheduling.
Our second guest will be Marita Garrett from the Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center at the University of Pittsburgh Department of Neurology.
For more information on Dementia and Caregiving, check out our Website at www.Alzheimer's Speaks
Explore 'The Power Of Now' with our Weekly Book Study of Eckhart Tolle's book 7:00 PM to 8:30 PM.
We invite you to call in or chat online with us.
Join in and share your insights and understandings of this wonderful book. We will also seek to reveal similarities and possible contradictions with other spirtual writers and works!
7:00 PM Guest Call in phone # 347-996-5991 and/or online at http://www.blogtalkradio.com/onelovecenter
We'll continue to examine and discuss 'The Power of Now', reviewing and continuing Chapter 10 'The Meaning of Surrender'.
Join Host Live Chats
- Pro Wrestling Torch (38 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (28 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (18 chatters)
- Bigfoot Hotspot (17 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (13 chatters)
- War on the Horizon Live (13 chatters)
- The Rad Reality Show (12 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (12 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (10 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (10 chatters)
- Spirit Medium Laura (9 chatters)
- TruthRadioNetwork (9 chatters)
- Inner Child Radio (9 chatters)
- TonyBrunoShow (8 chatters)
- olddominionlibertarian (6 chatters)
- The Yehudah Project (5 chatters)
- Starz Psychics Network (5 chatters)
- Get Real LOL uncensored reality tv (5 chatters)
- Comfy Crystal and Medium Eshne (5 chatters)
- GalacticU Radio (4 chatters)
- onlinewithandrea (4 chatters)
- Restore The Republic Show (4 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (3 chatters)
- Omega Man (3 chatters)
- We Built That Network (3 chatters)
- thelordshour (3 chatters)
- Our Own Voices Live (3 chatters)
- KWOD Radio (3 chatters)
- Gnosis Kardia (3 chatters)
- GullahGeechee Riddim (3 chatters)
- Harvest Time Alert (3 chatters)
- C Robert JonesPhD (3 chatters)
- Candelos Corner Radio (3 chatters)
- Front Deck Entertainment (2 chatters)
- Ask a PI (2 chatters)
- Baltimore Business Network (2 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (2 chatters)
- The Souls Intent (2 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Survival Radio Network (2 chatters)
- The Ascending Word Power Hour (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- The Paranormal PXIX Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- Rated G Radio (1 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (1 chatters)
- redmaryland (1 chatters)
- Stupid Cancer Show (1 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (1 chatters)
- practice what u preach network (1 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (1 chatters)
- Kerri Edelman (1 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (1 chatters)
- Ginger and Marion (1 chatters)
- Janet M Taylor (1 chatters)
- JASmius (1 chatters)
- HOV Radio (1 chatters)
- Bellesprit (1 chatters)
- 64621 (1 chatters)
- ArtSees Diner Radio (1 chatters)
- Bill Murray (1 chatters)
- Black Author Network (1 chatters)
- Boston Sports Hack (1 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (1 chatters)
- Ernest Radio Network (1 chatters)
- carsonscorner (1 chatters)
- Chick Shyt (1 chatters)