SORT BY Relevancy
Tonight on Political Gravity, your host Jane Hoffman digs into the idea of terrorism, even more.Sayyid Qutb was an Egyptian author, educator, Islamist theorist,and the leading member of the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood in the 1950s and '60s. In 1966 he was convicted of plotting the assassination of Egyptian president Gamal Abdel Nasser and was executed by hanging.
He did a study in America which concluded that American society was indulged in shallow materialism which would lead to finiteness of desires and eventual collapse. He was a founder of Islamic fundamentalism which influenced Aymen Zalawari which led to split in Mujahudeen about direction of jihad. Jane will explain how American support in Soviet Afghan war led to power and fragmenting of Mujahudeen and rise of bin Laden.
All this plus NPR News, weather, music, & much more.
Join Host Live Chats
- Ring of Fire Ministries (18 chatters)
- 2 Regular Guys Talking Decoration (7 chatters)
- WithInsightsRadio (6 chatters)
- Tracey and Friends (5 chatters)
- Clay Douglas (5 chatters)
- Jay King Network (4 chatters)
- Coach Cafe (2 chatters)
- Lady KatrinaM (2 chatters)
- The Road Less Traveled (2 chatters)
- Indie Books (1 chatters)
- Joyce BarrieFriends (1 chatters)
- Talk about Talk (1 chatters)
- The Holy End Times Ministry (1 chatters)